Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments go here!

Corrina.

#91692 12/01/12 05:42 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah! He's awake, and Dutch. wink So, he's going with the 'I don't understand' route, instead of 'I can't remember' route, which I had predicted. Gotcha. I wonder how long that's going to last. I'm guessing Lois is going to suspect something and trick him into admitting he can understand her.

Lana. Wow. She's done quite a number on Clark. I wonder if she cheated on Clark with someone we know. <<cough>> Tempus <<cough>> It's pretty bad if she waited until a year after they were married to decide that Clark's differences made the difference in their marriage. Poor guy. I can see a whole bunch a problems being raised by her later. I could see her telling Lois that Clark's still officially married to her, AND the father of her child (not to be confused with another one of your fics).

It's so sad that Clark understands and expects the pain that Lois inflicts upon him, not the tenderness. I just want to give him a hug. It's sad that Lois's son, Diddi, brings reminders of Clark's painful former life with Lana. I can understand why he'd want to die after his experience with Lana and Tempus, but Lois is strong-willed and she won't let him die. I hope she got all of the kryptonite shards from his body. I wouldn't be surprised if there's one hiden somewhere under what's left of his clothing.

I wonder what the week in quarentine will bring.

Corrina, you're giving us just enough to get addicted, but not enough to be sated. We keep thirsting for more.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#91693 12/01/12 06:28 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
This is a real tough story. I really hope Clark talks to Lois soon. Another part of me wishes I had waited to read it until it was all posted, but I didn't, so oh well.

I am wondering if Lana was telling the truth about the parentage of the child or if she lied about that too. Maybe it really is his son.

At least all the Kryptonite is out of him.

John Pack Lambert
#91694 12/01/12 06:39 PM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Lois is taking care of Clark's body and soul, like she did in Trusting me , trusting you. cool I wonder what else Corrina is preparing for us. evil

KateB
#91695 12/02/12 06:13 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Good grief.

You know, we still haven't learned why Lois is in Africa yet. We don't know if Diddi is her natural child, although you certainly hinted in this chapter that he was. And we still don't know just how badly Lois was hurt, either physically or mentally, by the gunrunners. All we know is that she's still strong, loving, compassionate, and caring, and that she's willing to help someone who may end up being her friend or may end up destroying her and those she loves. That's an exceptionally positive dose of humanity she's displaying.

Clark?

He's been betrayed at the deepest level of his soul. This Lana couldn't have hurt him more if she'd stabbed him with a green K knife. His ability to trust anyone anywhere has been shredded and torn away, and he's just waiting for this weird woman to finish him off. He's closer to seeking death than escape - or, to rephrase it, he feels as if death is the best escape option he has.

This is going to be very interesting going forward. This is yet another great Corrina-fic, and I can tell it's gonna be a dilly of a ride.

I just hope Tempus is around to see his plans fall to pieces at his feet. Poetic justice would be Lana being the agent of his destruction, then having her follow him over the edge of the metaphorical (or literal) volcano.

Next chapter when?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#91696 12/02/12 07:02 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
I am not sure, that Diddi is Lois' natural son. Lois was wondering if it were her influence that had made Diddi so inquisitive. If he were her natural son,there would be a more important reason than her influence for him to be so curious. wink

KateB
#91697 12/02/12 04:38 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I assume Diddi is Lois' biological child until proven otherwise. Npthing so far has suggested otherwise. True, he describes slightly-Asian looking (although slight) Clark as "white like you" and does not seem to think himself white, but if his father is Congolese or otherwise African, than he would look fairly African, and if Lois is the only non-indeigenous African person he has ever seen he would not really distinguish much beyond people not being African.

John Pack Lambert
#91698 12/04/12 08:06 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This reminds me a little of the story of him locked in prison and left to be a wild animal when Lois was a security guard. Familiar theme, you like torturing Clark but we'll see where you take us this time. Keep going!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#91699 12/05/12 11:55 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
You are so good at wrenching our hearts over Clark. smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#91700 12/06/12 06:07 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Hmm. I really love where this story is going. It's quite a thinker. Everytime I start to wonder what's gonna happen next, and then I figure, it'll probably be this, you throw us a curveball. I really love it though so far! Can't wait for an update! laugh thumbsup

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#91701 12/08/12 06:54 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Virginia

Lana. Wow. She's done quite a number on Clark. I wonder if she cheated on Clark with someone we know. <<cough>> Tempus <<cough>>
Tempus's interest in Lois never seemed sexual to me. Just saying wink

John

The question of who is the father of Lana's child will have to be dealt with eventually, I suppose. All I can say is that if you're holding your breath for that answer, I wouldn't. laugh

Kate I admit, I like the theme of taking Loisless Clark, adding Lois, and telling the story of how they both become everything they're destined to be.

Terry

That's an exceptionally positive dose of humanity she's displaying.
And don't forget that she didn't come from 'our' Metropolis, but the corrupt, violence-dominated, Tempus-created, Superman-less alternative universe.

Regarding Tempus ... I have plans for him. cool

Laura As Kate said, this fic has similarities with previous fics I've written. Although, Lois has a child here - that's different.

MM Lois's backstory ... Lois and Clark in quarantine, Clark unwilling to talk ... maybe Lois is going to have to be the one who opens up first.

Mouserocks I'm glad the story isn't too predictable.

Thanks to everyone for your comments. You will get answers to your questions smile

Corrina.

#91702 12/08/12 08:52 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Female Hawk:
Lana. Wow. She's done quite a number on Clark. I wonder if she cheated on Clark with someone we know. <<cough>> Tempus <<cough>>
Tempus's interest in Lois never seemed sexual to me. Just saying wink
I didn't say LOIS, I said LANA. I'm sure Tempus would bite the bullet if he knew it would totally screw with Clark's head, which it does.

But if you take "Soul Mates" seriously, Tempus is engaged to be married to Lois (or other incarnations of her) three times during that one episode. True, it's just to give himself power (over her, over Clark's incarnations, over everyone), but still. Normally sex is a part of marriage.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#91703 12/14/12 12:34 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Virginia

Lois was Clark's wife in our universe. Lana was Clark's wife in this fic.

My point was that I've never thought of Tempus' interest in Clark's wife as being about having her for himself, but breaking up the union that led to Utopia.

Obviously, one possibility is that Tempus is the father of Lana's child, but that doesn't fit with how I view Tempus. So either he isn't the father, or something happened to change things.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard