Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Please let me know what you think of this one. Don't worry, darker times are ahead.

eek

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I just noticed your chapter 9 says in the listing that it is part 8 of 19.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Darker? Aha! Lex is finally going to emerge as a real stinker? Will he blame everything on Alexis Winfield? It was pleasant watching him interact with Lois and Asabi. It would be a shame if he did go to the dark side.

Good to see Inspector Henderson finally making an appearance, its about time we start circling the wagons around Arianna. That woman is bad news. It good that Cat realizes all the problems she has caused and that the guilt will haunt her all her life. Maybe now the poor woman can work on finding peace.

Nice Ultra Woman save for the Grant family. Those thugs were scared to death of her! Hugh and Sandra? Hmmm where have I heard those names before?

Rebecca is finally coming back down to Earth. Clark does not love her.

So Terry, when is the next installment? wave

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well, I have to say that the more I read the more I am convinced that Lois and Clark are neither with the right person.

While I like this Lex, despite really not wanting to like any Lex ever, I don't think he and Lois and right for each other.

I think Rebecca is even less right for Clark. I don't think she can compliment him in the ways he needs.

I am surprised Ultra Woman was not even tougher in the discussion with Cat. Also, her point about it being an FBI matter was a good one.

John Pack Lambert
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Thanks for the heads-up on the chapter number, John. It's fixed.

Morgana, just wait until you read how dark. I think what happens next will surprise you. I'd like to think Cat could get some peace of mind. Please don't fuss at Bill too much. He's constrained by law and procedure and the need to keep from losing Carlin to a mistake. And Rebecca may want some unreal things, but she's basically a realist.

Yes, I named them Hugh and Sandra Grant. I'm not such a big Hugh Grant fan as I am a fan of the movies he's been in, but the man can handle snappy dialogue with the best of them.

John, since this is, after all, a Lois and Clark site, rest assured that getting these two together is my goal. They're just being so fiddle-winking stubborn about it!

Next chapter up very soon.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Terry, need to comment on your last reply:

Morgana, just wait until you read how dark. I think what happens next will surprise you. I'd like to think Cat could get some peace of mind. Please don't fuss at Bill too much. He's constrained by law and procedure and the need to keep from losing Carlin to a mistake. And Rebecca may want some unreal things, but she's basically a realist
There are options to darkness:

Lucy is going to be either hurt or killed by Arianna.

Lex goes over to the dark side and kills Arianna.

Lois and Clark both lose their powers again and this time its much more painful than when they were on the boat.

Lois marries Lex because she thinks Clark is deeply in love with Rebecca. Althought right now he is a really sweet Lex. I can honestly see John Shea as Alex Winfield.

Jonathan gets angry with Clark for chosing Lois.

Any or all of the above is really bad and sad! whinging

This is a great fic!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
Terry, I loved the scene in Martha's kitchen with Martha handing out sound advice as the apple pie cooked. It was a great balance to the sense of foreboding present in other parts of the chapter.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard