Kerth
Comments go here!

Corrina. wave

#91393 11/24/12 04:34 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well, the mention of Lois' husband has left us with more questions than answers.

shock Clark's eyes were open the whole time. I just hope Lois can convince him that she was helping him, and hopefully get him to talk.

John Pack Lambert
#91394 11/24/12 05:28 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Well, with the internal monologue about Lana, I have just realized the meaning of the title - or, at least, one of the meanings. You know - "Once Bitten, Twice Shy." Loud song. Anyway, I think Clark will try to refuse to accept Lois' friendship because Lana betrayed him so badly.

Shouldn't Lois get rid of those little green glow-rocks? But how? If she dumps them in the river, that will just spread them out along the bottom. Of course, that's better than having them all piled up next to him, irradiating him with their deadly emerald hue. Maybe she could bury them in the quarantine hut? I'm sure she'll think of something effective.

This is going to be interesting. Clark may not admit that he understands English just to keep her questions at bay. Of course, this will frustrate her no end, so she'll eventually trap him. How will he convince her that he's not a threat to the village? Or will he reveal his alien origins and his special abilities to her quickly? I doubt it, but he might if he wants to scare them. Hence the pile of green K beside him, so Lois can threaten to put them back if he misbehaves.

Of course, you'll surely figure out something even more devilishly clever, won't you? And I hope you decide to share it with us soon.

Like now?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#91395 11/24/12 09:39 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmmm. I worry about Lois having a man in the village she refers to as "husband" but not a man with whom she lives. Unless it is more a political marriage, than an actual one. I don't know this society and whether single women are allowed to live on their own, so I could see that to live in the village and be of marriageable age, Lois would have to have a "husband" to reside on her own. Either that or she was a prisoner who was traded to the Chief as a "bride" by the gun-runners. No, that wouldn't work, because then the gun-runners would know where Lois is. Strange that it is one line that gripes most of my curiosity.

Clearly she fears the gun-runners who she went to the Congo to find. I still doubt that Didi is her natural son, until evidence to the contrary. Her neighbor sounds like the type of man who crushes on Lois, but whom Lois does not return more than friendship.

I agree with Terry about the title. Once Bitten, Twice as Shy.

It's so sad the Clark in his dimensia assumes it is Lana, his wife, touching him, that her painful touch had to be of the one person he had loved. smile1 That Clark is already starting to heal.

Female Hawk, you've sucked me into another one of your stories and yet, you are only posting once a week. wallbash This is just NOT often enough.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#91396 11/25/12 06:30 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Such a delicious set-up! Can't wait to see where this goes... Lois married -- though the question of willingly or not is yet to be answered. And Clark afraid of another Lana debacle. They are so far apart emotionally... can't wait to see what you do with this!! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#91397 11/25/12 06:40 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
I suspected Lois was married to the tribe leader (king?), because of the name you introduced her by at the beginning. I just wonder if it is a kind of marriage like in Awaken My Heart, for her protection. I would imagine she is a wife number 25 goofy

Now a whole week to wait for the next part whinging . Could you please post it earlier? grovel

KateB
#91398 11/25/12 12:02 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
His eyes were open. More soon!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#91399 11/25/12 01:29 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
"Matymbou says you are to be guarded at all times."

Lois had expected that from her husband.
Okay, Lois’s husband is around. And protective! Well, as I said in my part 2 feedback, this story is not going the direction I expected.

But he refused to embrace the relief; instead, he steeled his heart to remain cold and his body aloof.

He did not want her anymore. He would not accept anything from her.
He thinks this is Lana? Interesting… I can’t imagine that Lana ever touched him in a way that would lead him to think this was her, even if he was delusional.

She had left him. Betrayed him. Lied about him. Destroyed him. Deserted him.

All his life, he had craved belonging and acceptance.

Now, he craved isolation.
Wow! Lana hit him really hard. But since they were married, and he saw her as his one real link to the world, that is reasonable.

Lois looked down into his face, seeing it fully for the first time.

She gasped.

His eyes were open!
smile Of course they were. smile

Bob

#91400 11/25/12 04:36 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Lois had expected that from her husband.
All together now: "Noooooooo!" lol

Given how intent Clark is on isolating himself from everyone, even while semi-conscious and in terrible pain, I have a feeling this is going to be a long slog to get to happily ever after. But, of course, since this is a Corrina story and I'm going to be sorry it's over when we get to The End, I'm going to try to enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts. wink

So this is the Alt Clark from the show, huh? Which means he should recognize Lois once he becomes aware of his surroundings. If nothing else, he should realize that she will have no idea who he is or know anything about the terrible lies that have been told about him. Beyond that, I have theories (including that Lois is indeed "wife #25" of the village leader and thus under his protection) but I'm sure you will turn them all on their ears before this is done.

More, please. smile

Kathy

#91401 11/26/12 09:39 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well, since this is an alternate incaration of alt-world, where Lois from canon never showed up, Clark has never met Lois.

He may have seen pictures of her, and so might still recognize her though.

John Pack Lambert
#91402 11/27/12 05:46 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Corrina,

This is an interesting scenario.

As Lois gets rid of the green K he is recovering.

Why oh why did she get married?

How are they going to get together?

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#91403 11/28/12 12:48 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
John
Well, the mention of Lois' husband has left us with more questions than answers.
I did try to warn you that would be the case wink

Terry

You're right about the title. Good pick-up! At this stage, I'm planning a sequel called, 'Twice ******'. All I'm willing to say is that the second word isn't 'Shy'.

Interesting speculation. Some of it is accurate; some not.

Virginia

Uhm ... what can I say in response? Perhaps this ... No one forced Lois to have a husband. She chose to.

MM

Lois married
And Clark afraid of another Lana debacle.
They are so far apart emotionally.
Yes. Yes. And yes. Good summary of the plot so far. laugh

Kate

I suspected Lois was married to the tribe leader (king?), because of the name you introduced her by at the beginning.
Good pick-up!

Laura

Eyes open = hard to fake unconsciousness.

Bob

this story is not going the direction I expected.
Kind of like ... boy meets girl - oh darn, there's a husband in the way!?

Kathy

Thanks for the kind words and your faith that we will get to 'happily ever after'.

As for your theories ... can't say much. Oh, except to say that some of the answers won't come quickly. But you already knew that, I'm sure. smile

John

Good point.

Ken

Why oh why did she get married?
Because she didn't know that her soul mate was going to drop from the sky? laugh

A big thanks to everyone who's reading despite the slow posting schedule.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard