comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Interesting development. I knew Clark would die, but it was still jarring.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Here I go...crying again. whinging

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Interesting development. I'm confused on why Herb brought Alt-Clark a whole week after Clark died. I thought the reasoning was to get him there before the traumatic mourning of the loss of her soul mate began. It seems he was late in that regard.

The fact that the mixed Kryptonite didn't work on Lois and Clark with the military laser must have something to do with the mixture component, because in canon Gene Newtrich used the same Red K several times with Clark with the same results. And canon Klein had used the same red K. the Newtrich sisters used to give Clark back his powers in UW in canon. And I believe it was the same piece of Red K that Gene used on Superman that Jerry used on him in S4, with much different results.

Clark doesn't seem very upset about losing his powers permanently to Lois, nor Lois upset that she must bear the burden of superhero as she did in canon.

I wonder why Klein referred to Superman and Superwoman as a "Kryptonian humans". That wording seemed awkward to me, being that only Superman's children would be such a mixture. Is it because Clark's DNA mixed with Lois after the laser blast that he became part human, part Kryptonitian, or did he mean humanoid?

The switching back between Superman and Superwoman is a bit confusing. I thought I had read that Superwoman had walked into Lt. Henderson's office, yet it was Superman who talked, but when I went back to double check, it HAD been Superman, but Superwoman had been referenced in the previous phrase. dizzy I guess we know why they used Ultra Woman.

Poor Clark to be killed on Valentine's Day after sending Lois away to help with a disaster. Lois will never be able to endure that holiday and the love surrounding it again (whether or not she builds a relationship with anyone else). Lois seems to hold herself better than I would expect. In two months since taking the cape, she had adopted many of Clark's atributes. She hasn't taken on his credo though.

I was surprised that she called M&J on the phone to tell them about Clark, because people do odd things while in shock. In addition, I figure she must not be used to flying out somewhere when calling is the norm.

What will Lois do to Nigel and Lex? I can't imagine she will be as kind (criminal charges and jail time) as Clark would, or will alt-Clark stop her from killing anyone with her new powers.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi John,

Thanks for the FDK!

Yeah, it had to be. I tried to make it as painless as possible.

Hang in there. It gets worse, but, you know what they say - "It's always darkest before the dawn."

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Sorry that I have to give your tear ducts a work out.

Don't put aside the tissues yet though. We have 20 more chapters.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Clark didn't arrive until a week aftr the bomb. You will see later that this was in fact not the case. thumbsup

Saying that to the bomber was simply an attempt to intimidate him. This Lois is not beyond bending the truth a little to acheive her ends. clap

Calling the Kents - The powers are still relatively new to Lois. She is still used to using the phone. She isn't used to using the powers for her own benefit yet. :p

Hmmmmmmm, Nigel and Lex. What will she do to them? That remains to be seen and it may not happen anytime soon. dizzy wildguy peep

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard