Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
This chapter's a little longer than most, but hopefully the content will make up for the length. If you are so inclined, please let me know what you think of it.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I hope Lois and Clark both face up to the reality that they like eachother soon. It seems most people besides them can see this.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark needs to acknowledge that he doesn't have to give up his own chance at happiness to provide one for someone else.

Martha should tell Jonathan so the be can tell Clark what Lois' true feelings are. That is living up to the letter of the promise if not thr spirit.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I am not sure telling Jonathan would help. Is he ready to accept Lois as a daughter-in-law. He really liked Lana, and I am not sure he has fully moved beyond her dieing and Lois living.

John Pack Lambert
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Nice part, I like the way Rebecca and Clark are both having doubts about their long term relationship.

Framework4
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, Clark. Don't be an idiot. Or at least, don't act on your idiocy. He's going to ask, isn't he? And poor Rebecca is going to have to turn him down.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Terry:
I just caught up with the whole story. Very interesting and very good and a lot frustrating. But, that said, you seem spot on describing their feelings for each other. It's interesting to see Lex as a good man - or maybe, rather, not a villain.
It's interesting to see where this will go.
I like Bob. He kind of reminds me of Data. Probably because they are both mechanical entities.
Keep it coming!
r/
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Seriously, enough already!

Clark has to ask a mechanical entity if he should marry Rebecca?

Even Rachel can see how much he cares for Lois,
Then she dropped her gaze to Clark and decided that he didn’t exactly hate Ultra Woman either. In fact, Rachel wished there was a young man in her life who looked at her with that expression on his face.
even in her guise as Ultra Woman.

He only thinks he should marry her because he feels responsible for the girl getting shot. If nothing had happened to her on their weekend boat trip but a sunburn he would be contemplating a gentlemanly way of ending the relationship!

Another point. If Clark loved Lana why did he get involved with another woman shortly after her death? Mindlink not withstanding, why is he so deeply attracted to Lois?

Becca wrote Lois and Clark in her journal and wondered aloud why she did that. Honestly, in the back of her mind she knows Clark does not care for her as she cares for him.

The only thing left is figuring the timing of ending this lopsided relationship. No matter when the end comes its going to hurt. frown

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Allow me to respond to these most excellent feedbacks, in no particular order.

John, you're right about Clark and Lois fighting their mutual attraction, but they're both doing it for pretty noble reasons. Neither one can see the other's affection, except as close friendship, and both are trying to keep from messing up the other's life.

And we'll see how Jonathan feels about Lois getting together with Clark. Just not soon.

Ken, you're right about Clark and his priorities. Just remember that there's some unnecessary guilt in here too. He feels responsible for Rebecca's condition, so he's trying to "fix" it the best way he knows how.

Frame, you're right that they both have doubts. They're doubts aren't identical, but they are there. We'll see what happens to those pesky things before too long.

Amy, if Clark were to ask Rebecca to marry him, do you really think she'd say "No" at this point? Of course, that's assuming that he plans to ask her. We'll see. (I write that a lot, don't I?)

Artemis, thanks for reading! I hadn't made the connection between Bob and Data before, at least not consciously, but you're right, they are similar. The difference is that Data is programmed as a general-purpose artificial intelligence, while Bob is aimed specifically at Clark, although he's flexible enough to encompass others in his interactions.

And Bob's good with money, too.

Morgana, you make a good point. If he has to ask Bob, he probably shouldn't marry Rebecca. Of course, he did get an answer from Bob, just not the one he wanted or expected. And yes, there's some emotional pain coming soon - as well as some physical pain. And that's all I'm telling you.

Next chapter up very soon!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Before I read the next part... I think Rebecca might jump on a "yes" answer to a proposal at first, but we've seen enough doubts in her introspections about what she wants that I think she might seek clarification before really taking the plunge. She's a strong-minded and responsible person, and I think she'd turn him down if it was clear that something wasn't right.

OK, off to read the next part and find out what I'm totally wrong about. :-)

Kerth
Kerth
Martha stopped putting clothes away and lifted up a tiny strand of material. “What on earth is this?”

Lois spluttered for a moment, then controlled herself. “That’s – um – a modern example of women’s underwear. A lot of people think it’s very stylish.”
clap

As you said, it was a longer chapter than usual. I though the mix of scenes worked really well - Rebecca's journal entry, Clark's 'therapy' session, and Rachel meeting Ultra Woman.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard