Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here.

I will be busy on Tuesday so here it is a few hours early.

I hope the brief history I have included is helpful.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for the timeline recap, Ken! That makes things all the more clear. I'm feeling less dizzy now. (Although I believe you forgot to mention when Clark was exposed to Red K from Gene Newtrich or how he got the red/green K that his sisters got ahold of).

Oh, dear. They left all the evidence from the Newritch sister's gun at the scene? How are they going to discover what happened? Was it THAT important NOT to pick up the pieces? Argh! I'm not feeling good about Clark's chances, but then again, I'm not supposed to, am I? Since he's the local Clark and this story is about alt-Clark. clap

Valentine's Day? Hmmmmm. I wonder what will happen then? Oh, right, Alt-Clark.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

I hope you didn't mind my putting this chapter up a little early.

Valentine's Day, Alt Clark? We are still in a flashback. If you go back and check the date on post 2 you will see that it is Feb 21.

I might have to use that history to develop a complete story.

kj
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Your opening paragraph

The Clark Kent of this universe had determined early on that we would use his powers for the benefit of others. As soon as he had started flying he had gone to him Mom and Dad and asked them how he could help and yet have a private life. They came up with the idea for the costume.
Has to issues. I think it should be "that he would use" and "gone to his Mom and Dad".

His earlier start to acting as Superman is an interesting change.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
This is very interesting background. I find it amazing that Lois and Clark had only kissed once before Nightfall if they had been dating, and anyway, what happened to kissing on Trask's plane. Or was it only the Lexor kiss that Lois thought of, and she just did not bother going over the other kisses she and Clark had shared?

Part of me would suspect Lois would be less smitten by Superman because his debut did not coincide with him saving her, so even if he did save her from the vault while dealing with the invisible robbers she would not feel to be such a special part of him.

I really like this Lois and Clark. I would be interested in reading about what happens to them in the altered universe where this Clark survives.

This Clark seems to be smarter than canon Clark. The whole thrown off possible leads by not limiting his actions to one place seems wiser than canon-Clark's "Metropolis is my home".

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
My guess is if they had retrived the stuff from the explosion they could have reversed the process, and then local Clark would not die.

I would say that these new developments reduce Luthor's cahnces with Lois, but since she is already engaged to Clark Kent and she believes that he was going after Superman, I think his chances with Lois were nill before the power transfer, so no real reduction there.

I would say that in a lot of ways Lois as Superwoman makes more sense than her as trying to be a differentiated superhero. Especially here where she gets the powers after she is engaged to Clark. Anyway, it has good precedent from the Superman comics, where Superwomen occasionally showed up as Lois with Super powers. Of course, it happened enough that sometimes she had a totally different outfit.

Still my favorite is when she used a black wig to hide her hair of the exact same color.

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi John,

Thanks for the pick up on the text problems. That portion had not been beta'd.

The encounter with Trask occueerd later, after she already knew who he was.

There was a question about the parts of the weapon being left behind. It was all within the police cordon and the police picked it all up as evidence.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
WOW!

So much has happened in this part:

Mrs. Cox reveals her feelings Lex and surprise surprise! He rebuffs her.

The Gingrich sisters were literally blown away!

Superman loses his powers.

Lois has to take flying lessons which usually is not mentioned. Most people assume she would just be fine with flying. Nice touch!

Now that Clark is powerless how will he protect himself against Lex's henchmen.

Keep going....

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK.

Yeah, well I got to thinking about the flying thing. A particular incident came to mind. I do 99% of the driving and as a consequence a lot of the time my wife has no idea where we are or how we got there. I figured the same would apply to Lois. She's been a passenger all the time and now suddenly she's thrown into the driver's seat. How would that go? It added a little bit of humor.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard