Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#91186 11/16/12 03:38 AM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
If any of you know more about brain chemistry that I do, you are welcome to point out where I might have done better.

Comments here please.

Bob

#91187 11/16/12 07:57 AM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Nice part, I liked the way the scientist and Lois's Mom crystallized the problem. I like that Ellen had good questions.

Looking forward to more.

The only way I can see you finishing it in three more parts is if part 7 leaves tham apart and part 8 starts five years later, when Lois has calmed down and worked through her feelings.

Framework4
#91188 11/16/12 11:26 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Bob,

Personally, my choice would have been to go to Star Labs, not Lexlabs. That will just give Luthor information he shouldn't have.

I guess they don't have to comply with patient confidentiality as a hospital would or else Ellen wouldn't have been able to get the report.

Were I to be in Clark's shoes, I'd fly her to Las Vegas. Then it would be fait accompli.

Deal with it after the fact if they come up with an antidote.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#91189 11/16/12 12:52 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aww, poor Clark and Lo-Lo. ^^ Although, I suppose it's good that Lois is showing signs of her old self. Maybe the secret of curing her is to keep ticking her off?

The science was easy enough to follow, by the way. smile Although of course, I have no idea if any of it is true or not.

Was surprised to see Ellen, though in retrospect, I should've guessed that Lois' parents would probably find out and would *definitely* not be amused. What makes it worse is that, really, technically, he is on shaky ground here. I'm not a psychiatrist or a lawyer, but might the Lanes try to have Clark arrested for taking advantage of Lois's altered/impaired state? eek

It all made me wonder more, though: what to Martha and Jonathan think of this? Do they even know, yet? You mentioned All Shook Up in the beginning, and in the original episode, Clark's parents came to Metropolis. Did that still happen? Or, since Lois was there to help him recover, maybe he was able to call home and tell them not to worry? So do they know yet, or not?

(And naturally, as soon as Lois said that she would only be staying with Clark for a few days, I knew she was fibbing. wink )

Please keep the parts coming! clap

ETA:
Ooh, forgot to mention--
“But what if my feelings – my attraction to you – are only because of a broken armadillo…”
rotflol

~•~
#91190 11/16/12 05:58 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Revenge + 20 days
3 whole week, wow. I missed this detail on my first read.

Lo-lo opened her eyes to find that she had anticipated the alarm clock again.
She's still here.

The sight of Clark asleep next to her brought a smile to her lips every morning.
And still with Clark.

“I still think that Superman should have taken a few weeks off after the Nightfall crisis,” she said with a hint of worry. “As strong as you are, that was nearly too much even for you.”
They made it through Nightfall. That would be an interseting story.

“Remember that we have an early appointment at Lex Labs to go over your test results.”
dance Lolo has a backbone and is still having things her way.

Clark’s eyes widened for just a second at her tone, but his smile told her that he didn’t mind her commanding attitude. In a flash, she realized that for just that instant she’d acted the way she would have as Lois. No wonder Clark smiled. When he sat beside her, she immediately took his hand in her own.
Clark: This is the best of both worlds. Lois intensity commanding something that has only ever been wanted by Lolo, sitting right beside her on the couch.

Her mom’s eyes remained locked on their clasped hands for a solid second or two. Then she got to the reason for her visit. “Now that you know your condition, you need to stay away from… him,” she said sternly. “When are you going to move out?”
Lolo: See Clark, we should have gotten married. Next she is going to threaten to have me declared mentally incapable and force decisions on me. If we were married, she would not have that option.

“That’s the Revenge talking,” her mother countered. “My daughter would have never been interested in someone just off a Kansas farm. You had aspirations. You were dating Lex Luthor.”
Lolo: Clark is so much better than Luthor.

“We weren’t dating. I just had dinner with him a few times.”

“How many times did you go out for dinner with the farmer here before Revenge?”
Lolo: He usually brought dinner in.

“Fine,” Ellen said sharply. “How many times did you go out for dinner with Clark before Revenge?”
Lolo: Less than I the number of times I kissed Clark. Hmm, unless you count lunches as well, and then I have to make sure I counted up all the times Clark and I kissed. Let's see, there was the time on the plane, and that one night in November, and I think I snuck one in while we were in his hometown.

“After we talked I called them and was able to speak with Dr. Jensen. She told me that no one under the influence of Revenge is able to make decisions about… personal issues. I’m going to meet with her so that she has a correct picture of how much Revenge has changed you.”
See, I said they should not have let people with Lex Labs get involved.

“That’s why you have to leave. The drug has you all confused. You’ve turned away from your future because that poison has twisted your mind to think this… man is what you want. He’s just using you. He doesn’t really love you.”
See, I said they should have gotten married. Then she could not claim he does not love her.

She pulled him tighter. “I know that too… and that scares me most of all. I really am afraid that if I ever go back to the way I was before, I won’t love you anymore. I don’t want to live that way. What I said to my mom was true. I’ve never been happier than I am now. I’m sure that if Lois had known what this would be like, she would have jumped at it.”
Hopefully she will remember when she recovers.

Clark shuddered at the thought. “All we can do is hope that she… that you’ll remember what we’ve had.”
Which is why he should marry her, to show that they have something. OK, some will say that having the ring means something, but marriage means more.

John Pack Lambert
#91191 11/17/12 05:32 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
What makes it worse is that, really, technically, he is on shaky ground here. I'm not a psychiatrist or a lawyer, but might the Lanes try to have Clark arrested for taking advantage of Lois's altered/impaired state? eek
I am pretty sure they would have to go through the legal proceedings of having her declared mentally incapacitated first. So I am pretty sure they currently have no actionable grounds on Clark. The fact that Ellen is trying to get Lois to move back on her own suggests that she is not truly mentally incapbable. If she was truly mentally incappable Ellen would want Lois with her or in an institution.

John Pack Lambert
#91192 11/17/12 12:16 PM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
A general comment WRT the Kents and Nightfall. Clark did take Lo to meet with his parents at the end of the first week. So, they know that Lo is in on the secret. This means that when Nightfall happened, they had no reason to come to Metropolis. Lo was more than capable of helping him through his amnesia.

I guess I need to clarify this before the story goes to archive.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Framework4:
Nice part, I liked the way the scientist and Lois's Mom crystallized the problem. I like that Ellen had good questions.
Yes, Ellen was making very good points. If she would have been able make those points without being so obtuse, perhaps her daughter might have listened.
The only way I can see you finishing it in three more parts is if part 7 leaves them apart and part 8 starts five years later, when Lois has calmed down and worked through her feelings.
smile I will comment on this in time. smile

Ken:
Personally, my choice would have been to go to Star Labs, not Lexlabs. That will just give Luthor information he shouldn't have.
The reason they are at Lex Labs is that Lex is funding the research into the cure. Remember his parting words from Chapter 4. He would use his own facilities.
I guess they don't have to comply with patient confidentiality as a hospital would or else Ellen wouldn't have been able to get the report.
Did Ellen say that she saw the report? If so, I need to fix that. Ellen only knows what Lois told her on the phone. Then Ellen was able to talk with Dr. Jensen, but Dr. Jensen didn’t tell her anything specific to Lois's case. She told her some generic information about Revenge victims and asked Ellen to come in and provide information about pre-Revenge Lois for use in their research. (At least, that was all she was supposed to have said.)

Queen of Capes:
Aww, poor Clark and Lo-Lo. ^^ Although, I suppose it's good that Lois is showing signs of her old self. Maybe the secret of curing her is to keep ticking her off?
I believe if/when Lo-Lo has been around for a while, there would be a lot more of Lois there.
The science was easy enough to follow, by the way. Although of course, I have no idea if any of it is true or not.
As for the science, the Amygdala and ACC do pretty much what I said. One interesting note, as I was wrapping up my research, I turned to Beverly and said that if I understand the science correctly, if the ACC were not working properly, it sounds like a person would end up with something very close to bipolar disorder. I did some more research and that turned out to be correct and a compromised ACC is often implicated in that disease.

I hope the armadillo joke wasn’t too lame. I couldn’t resist.

As for your other observations and/or questions, keep reading. smile

John:
They made it through Nightfall. That would be an interesting story.
See my note at the top for some of this. Still, it could be fun. I wonder if Lex tried to get her to come to his shelter? However, most of the rest of the story would be N/A.
The're going to Lex Labs. Is that wise?
Per my note above, Lex is funding the research and doing it with Lex Labs.
I figure at this point they should get married. If Lois recovers and really does not want to stay with it, she can get an annulment (being not in your right mind is grounds for an annulment, whether the marriage has been consummated does not matter).
They probably should. However, I still think Clark would have a hard time crossing that line. (Yes, I think he’d have a harder time with that than he has simply sleeping together.)
Clark: But Lolo, I have only slept with you.
smile
Which means he should marry her.
I sense a pattern to your position on this issue. smile
This is because we do not interact with Luthor.
This is precisely correct!
Lolo has a backbone and is still having things her way.
I think this is very important. Lois is still in there. As long as she under the influence of Revenge, she won’t be Lois, but I believe more of Lois’s traits will surface.

So, I do have to say that you are correct that there would be serious advantages for them if they’d gotten married. However, they didn’t. huh

Thank you all.
Chapter 6 will be along in a few hours.

Bob

#91193 11/17/12 01:01 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by bobbart:

As for your other observations and/or questions, keep reading. smile
Ooh, you tease! :p

Originally posted by bobbart:

Chapter 6 will be along in a few hours.
Joy! dance

~•~
#91194 11/17/12 03:53 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
John:
They made it through Nightfall. That would be an interesting story.
See my note at the top for some of this. Still, it could be fun. I wonder if Lex tried to get her to come to his shelter? However, most of the rest of the story would be N/A.
Well, if Cat tried the same moves on Clark, she maybe would no longer be on good terms with Lo-lo. Hopefully, Superman would have returned faster, with Lo-lo there telling him who he really is.

John Pack Lambert
#91195 11/20/12 11:16 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Things are not looking so good. I'm not sure how you're going to resolve this in three more parts.

Corrina.

#91196 11/21/12 06:10 AM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
John:
Well, if Cat tried the same moves on Clark, she maybe would no longer be on good terms with Lo-lo. Hopefully, Superman would have returned faster, with Lo-lo there telling him who he really is.
I think that Cat had a lot of potential but the writers didn't know how to handle her character. There are a few flashes where they had a clue, but not very often. I love to write Cat, but I see her as having much more death that we usually saw in the show. I've always seen Cat as an intelligent and capable woman with a wild side.

As for Nightfall, going into that story with Lois knowing the secret is a plot-untwist. At least it would invalidate the story per the episode. I think you could still have some fun with that story, but it would be completely different than we saw.

Corrina:
Things are not looking so good. I'm not sure how you're going to resolve this in three more parts.
smile I keep seeing comments like that. smile

Bob

#91197 12/30/12 10:08 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She’d worried that Clark was going to find living together to be awkward.
Right. The not having to worry about where she is? The warm body beside him? The female presence? The fact that he’s got an almost-Lois at his place?

They’d had a slow and carefully reasoned conversation and he’d been easy to convince that it was okay for her to stay.
Let me guess. She lost more and more clothes during the conversation until he caved, right?

Fortunately, Clark seemed to draw as much pleasure from helping her deal with this aspect of Revenge as she did.
yeah, I’ll imagine Clark’s suffering through it like a true trooper.

But Clark, I’m still worried about how tired you’ve been since Nightfall.
Right. You skipped over Honeymoon! That should have been fun, them not flipping for the bed. And then there’s the amnesia. Cat would not have gone after Clark but he would have looked like a deer in the headlights when Lo-lo took him home. And we didn’t get M&J’s reactions. help

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#91198 01/01/13 09:03 AM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Michael:
Let me guess. She lost more and more clothes during the conversation until he caved, right?
rotflol
Right. You skipped over Honeymoon! That should have been fun, them not flipping for the bed. And then there’s the amnesia. Cat would not have gone after Clark but he would have looked like a deer in the headlights when Lo-lo took him home. And we didn’t get M&J’s reactions. [Wildguy]
Yeah, HiM and ASU might have been interesting, but I wanted to keep this simpler.
Thanks for the expose! Awesome
Thanks. I tried to make this as close as possible to real brain chemistry. Whether or not Revenge could do what we say here, the functions of the Amygdala and the ACC should be correct.
So, the ACC got damaged in Lois’s case sometime during her college years? Or, possibly after Claude?
Now there's an idea that has some potential. It would explain a lot! smile

Bob

#91199 01/05/13 09:42 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, HiM and ASU might have been interesting, but I wanted to keep this simpler.
[Linked Image]

quote: Thanks for the expose! Awesome

Thanks. I tried to make this as close as possible to real brain chemistry. Whether or not Revenge could do what we say here, the functions of the Amygdala and the ACC should be correct.
Your stories are always a special treat on the scientific front.

Now there's an idea that has some potential. It would explain a lot
/nods/

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard