Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Friends, FOLCs, fellow readers, lend me your feedbacks! wave

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well, I am hoping that Lois and Clark stop being such wimps in admitting how they really feel about eachother.

On the other hand, I think Clark at least is making the most logical decision. He can't break up with Rebecca at this point, and to start anything with Lois before he does that would not be right.

Lois and Lex are just not right for eachother. Lois is too much of a down-to-earth person. I know this Lex is not as arrogant as canon Lex, and he does have the Alex Winfield alias, but I still can't feel him and Lois are right for eachother.

Clark and Rebecca arn't really right for eachother. I think they both realize this, but don't want to tell the other yet.

Ultra Women seems to scare the bad guys much more than Superman. I think this is probably helpful, although I wonder if anyone will try to sue her.

John Pack Lambert
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
I just got caught up on this great story.

I love the description of Lois fitting perfectly and Lana and Clark having some rough edges.

Looking forward to more soon

Kathy
http://www.chili-everyway.com/

robinson
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Rebecca might be willing to quietly let Clark go now, but after three weeks of TLC from the Kents, I bet she'll fight tooth and nail to be part of that family. ;-)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This story is moving in the right direction. Poor Lois really suffered after that last rescue! She had to control herself and Lillian from doing something that would both regret later. Not an easy task to accomplish, but they managed.

As Clark began describing his plans for the next three weeks of her life in Smallville, she tried not to think about the fact that Clark’s love for her didn’t appear to include their future beyond that time. He’d never spoken of them being together a year, five years, twenty years into the future, only the length of time her recovery might take.
Three weeks with the Kents will hopefully make her realize they are a loving family, but she would fit better as a friend...not a daughter-in-law. It is a pity she knows Lois and Clark's secret - that bit of knowledge is dangerous for all concerned. Hopefully she won't use that as a cudgel to force Clark into a closer relationship. One it should be painfully obvious to her by now that he does not want.

Speaking of fits, the description of how Lana and Rebecca shapes were not exactly perfect for Clark was very good. No couple matches perfectly with each other, but when you find the best one - hold on tight!

Lana was a very smart young woman, but her need for finacial security and her going behind Clark's back whenever it suited her could have only led to disaster.

Keep going Terry!!! thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Thanks for the comments, y'all.

John, are they really wimps, or are they both trying to be heroic? Just because someone feels something, does that mean that someone must act on those feelings? I believe not, and that's what I'm trying to portray here. Both Clark and Lois are trying not to further complicate each others' lives by withholding their feelings from each other. Of course, we know what's really going one, but they don't! Hence the angst and tension and drama. (At least, I hope there's angst and tension and drama.)

Robinson, thanks for catching up. I'm glad the part about neither Lana nor Rebecca "fitting" all that well against Clark popped out. I wanted to show that it's possible to love someone fully and truly, lose that someone, and then find someone else to love fully and truly. I also wanted Clark to realize that the symbolic "fitting" meant that Lana might not have been his ideal soul mate, she loved him, and that Rebecca might love him in her own way, she doesn't love him like Lana did. And we'll see that pop up later.

AmyPrime, it's also possible that once Rebecca sees the model of marriage Jonathan and Martha have set up for Clark, she'll decide she can't fit in that model. Or, maybe she'll just decide to work harder at the relationship. We'll find out.

Morgana, I'm glad you like the direction of the story. If there are any bumps in the relationship roads coming up, I promise not to disguise them.

Next chapter up very soon!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Kerth
Kerth
Really good chapter, Terry. From Clark and Rebecca, to the anguish of Lois's rescue and having to defend her stance that she wasn't there to judge, to the friendship shared by Lois and Clark - quite a mix of emotions and you molded them all together wonderfully well.

I loved the last few scenes - Lois and Clark circling each other - that's progress!

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard