Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I went and watched all the Christmas episodes recently. In "Home is where the hurt is" Mindy specifically mentions "baby superman" and baby superman coming to earth and thus not being immune to any Kryptonian virus, since he has been on earth and never exposed to them. So she clearly knows Superman came to earth as a child.
I guess when she picked up the ship from B39's yard sale, it came with detailed description of it's history, like most memoriablia. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: hyper Always good to see you!

<<ET>>
I can guarantee you that one never crossed my mind.

CLARK: <Far from Clark's last call for help>
hyper I see Metropolis from the window.

CLARK: :rolleyes: Chicago.

LOIS: It'll do.

Poor Martha.
confused

ER: <<shocked that EW / Lois did the bait and switch Mel joke>>
laugh

Because then we’d have one of those step-siblings in love stories.
LOIS: Okay, you're right. Those are just icky.

“Martha!” Lois gasped, and lowered her voice. “He could hear us.”

Nah, he’s still out of it.
Lois is, of course, referring to the fact that Clark was supposedly in the next room. He wasn't. And YES, he's still out of it.

So, when he knocks that tree down and it falls on Lois, will that suffice?
CLARK: whinging Doesn't she know not to stand next to someone wielding an ax?

MARTHA: She's from the city, honey.

Define innocent.
Technically, THIS tree hasn't killed anyone... well, except that B39 solider that had been hiding in the back of the truck.

It’s a *tree*! Millions die each year to celebrate giant heaps of gifts. And millions more die to produce toilet paper.
MIRANDA: Well, the first version of Revenge I developed actually made people extremely environmentally pro-active. I sold a vat of it and decided to branch out to other areas of people's brains.

What? Take an ax to her.
CLARK: [Linked Image] Never.

Umm…no?
Don't you love Lois's damned if you answer, damned if you don't type questions, when she's especially angry about him not telling the truth? laugh

You know, it would be really awkward if the ax slipped from her hands when she swings back and cleaves Clark.
TEMPUS: <<warms up the popcorn machine>>
Yes, that would be bad, especially since he's vulnerable at the moment. Otherwise, rotflol

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Response to Michael's FDK -- Cont.

Hadn’t he been right once before in this story?
Once or twice. It had been a while.

See! See!
What?! I can't do subterfuge?

<<Han and Leia get their hands dirty>>
[Linked Image]

So, not the sign for the new Smallville Mc Donalds?
grumble This new fangled slang.

She’s really quite spot on there.
LOIS: Well, yeah!

Can you imagine if Clark were married to Lois but got partnered with Linda?
evil Or vice versa.

Oh boy. Also, high heels and a supershort costume? Maybe something from Cat’s emergency closet?
You know when I first read this I thought 'where is Lois planning on stabbing Superman with those heels while he's flying her in the cradle hold?' laugh Silly me.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I cannot imagine Clark married to Linda. It is entirely unimaginable.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I cannot imagine Clark married to Linda. It is entirely unimaginable.
Sounds like a Challenge !

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Always good to see you!
Ditto. /sheepishly points at new story part/

I can guarantee you that one never crossed my mind.
blush

MIRANDA: Why, yes, your honor, I did do my field testing for Revenge at the Smallville Corn Festival. Why?
clap
/Miranda gets settled with about a dozen alimony charges/

So, that's a no, then?
[Linked Image]

Oh, thanks for finding it for me, Ralph. I'm sure that broken neck will heal eventually.
clap

No, I think that would only serve to confuse Lois more.
[Linked Image] Also, she’d have a hard time explaining why she *didn’t* go for Lex, then.

I, myself was sold to cover my gambling debts and tuition costs.

CLARK: THAT guy is a clone! I never did any such thing!

LOIS: Uh-huh.
laugh

You need a Masters in Villianry for that at Evil U.
[Linked Image]

LOIS: [Hyper] I see Metropolis from the window.

CLARK: [Roll Eyes] Chicago.

LOIS: It'll do.
laugh Is this like Lois settling for Jimmy when she can’t get Clark after years of trying?

quote: Poor Martha.

<EW is confused>
<ER too> blush

CLARK: [Whinging] Doesn't she know not to stand next to someone wielding an ax?

MARTHA: She's from the city, honey.
clap

quote: Define innocent.

Technically, THIS tree hasn't killed anyone... well, except that B39 solider that had been hiding in the back of the truck.
So, shooting instead of beheading, then?

MIRANDA: Well, the first version of Revenge I developed actually made people extremely environmentally pro-active. I sold a vat of it and decided to branch out to other areas of people's brains.
rotflol

quote: What? Take an ax to her.

CLARK: - Never.
LEX: Noob.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Don't you love Lois's damned if you answer, damned if you don't type questions, when she's especially angry about him not telling the truth? [Big Grin]
[Linked Image] /points at Jenn’s arbor day vignette on the dark side/ Lois and Clark ended up in a wood. Lois then decided to lean against a tree.

quote: See! See!

What?! I can't do subterfuge?
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Ditto. /sheepishly points at new story part/
help

/Miranda gets settled with about a dozen alimony charges/
MIRANDA: Like I care, I'm in Jail. Send them to my partner, at Luthor Towers, Metropolis. A Mr. Lex Luthor.

Also, she’d have a hard time explaining why she *didn’t* go for Lex, then.
LOIS: True, also, there's something about Lex that makes me taste bile. I think it's his kisses.

Is this like Lois settling for Jimmy when she can’t get Clark after years of trying?
JIMMY: Lois settled for me?

JIMBO: No, me.

JAMES: Why not me?

JIMBO: Because you were dead.

JAMES: I died? When did that happen?

JIMBO: Months ago.

JAMES: Why didn't anyone tell me?

JIMBO: Tank sent everyone a party invitation but it got blocked by the SPAM filter.

JAMES: Well, darn. I love a good wake.

ER: What? Take an ax to her.

CLARK: - Never.

LEX: Noob.
CLARK: hyper Yea! I'm different than Luthor!

/points at Jenn’s arbor day vignette on the dark side/ Lois and Clark ended up in a wood. Lois then decided to lean against a tree.
Yea! More distraction!

Nah, I was thinking Trask would have been the one to do the firing (of the gun), had he lived.
I meant they'll blame it on the dead guy.

CLARK: <trying to escape to his and his life-partner’s love nest>
Actually that smilie was supposed to depict Clark running slowly off, because he has no super powers.

Also, lot of fun to point out.
Clearly, wanting the real thing isn't good enough. FINE! << [Linked Image] writes scene with teddy bear>>

Just half the conversation. I’m sure it could be taken wonderfully out of context.
But we just had a wonderfully out of context eavesdropping scene. Anyway, Clark can HEAR!

Umm…actually…The challenge sounds like a completely new form of fun. But usually, when Clark ends up married to Lana, things end either with Lana getting a divorce and Clark a lot of fallout. Or Lana ends up dead and Clark gets to grieve a lot. Or Lana blows her head off and Clark gets a lot of fallout. Even worse when it’s a universe where Clark has already exposed himself in public. There’s also much less righteous jealousy from Lois. Also, Lois ends up as the other woman. It’s all very messy.
This is all true.

Now, with Clark married to Lois but only getting a job at the MetStar, gets partnered with Linda, and then has to compete with his wife, now, there’s a whole truckload of family friendly fun with overactive imaginations, awkward situations, and general screwballness.
You know how much I love screwballness! clap The next story to collect dust bunnies under Michael's bed!

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
But Lois does not know that Clark can hear, so that fact cannot influence her actions.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That makes 2!! Two Readers remaining (Three, if we include John, whom I know will return when RL gives him a moment... right?)
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
<<Michael laughing evilly at EW impersonation of Count Count from Seseme Street>> Umm… I mean <<And then realizes belatedly, that EW may have actually been serious>>
Momentary qualm. I'm better now. Thank you.

Might have turned ugly.
Because of the break or because I would only be writing another 60 parts? You may have noticed that I don't plot as methodically as Sue. My Muse like the freedom to try new things.

CAT: You can say that again!

Those are fun. Cat and Lois and Clark alone in a hotel room with a big bed. <<Michael's muse travels to the dark side>>
Nope. Didn't happen. I wrote 7 pages of a rambling Cat scene (me rambling, not Cat), but in the end cut it. Because it is just fluff and fun, but that's all. Maybe I'll fit it back in for the Archives, but I'm feeling a need to move forward. <<sigh dramatically>>

Oh dear. Has recently <<censored>>
Those men with the big sticks don't like it if I say too much too soon.

LEX: I did not have sexual relations with most of those women. Well, the ugly ones. And especially not that one with the Adam’s apple.
clap Me thinks Lex protests too much.

Only for a few jolly minutes.
Ah... I'll never look at Arbor Day again in the same light.

Oh dear <<hiding from EW wrath>> /is worried there’s now a bomb inside a Clarkie Boom Bear™/ And the bear is much more adorable than the real thing. Plus, it’s easier to cuddle without awkward questions being asked.
CLARK: Awkward questions? Who would ask awkward questions if I cuddled with Lois?

LOIS: Me! Now, tell me, Clark...

Anyway, Clark can HEAR!

/pops open leadcovered box/
CLARK: <<falling over in dead faint>>
Oops?
rotflol

LOIS: Maybe we should have told him it was just an emerald taped to a flashlight?

PERRY: No, this is much more fun. We'll tell him when he wakes up.

I didn’t even make a note in my story ideas file for that one. I don’t think I can do jealousy stories well. But I’d beta one if need be.
I believe ML was my end-all, be-all of jealousy stories. Well, other than the usual Triangles or Squares that pop up. Oh, dear. I had forgotten I revisited it (kinda, sorta) in NH. Hmmmm. Maybe I'll be game in 10 years when I finish writing all the other stories collecting dust while I write this one.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
But Lois does not know that Clark can hear, so that fact cannot influence her actions.
Yes, John, but Michael had written:

Just half the conversation. I’m sure it could be taken wonderfully out of context.
I was responding to the fact that it can't be taken out of context if he hears it.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
quote:Originally posted by Darth Michael:
<<Michael laughing evilly at EW impersonation of Count Count from Seseme Street>> Umm… I mean <<And then realizes belatedly, that EW may have actually been serious>>

Momentary qualm. I'm better now. Thank you.
blush

Because of the break
[Linked Image] Have you ever seen a movie set around a civil uprising, post-apocalyptic mass-hysteria or anything of that sort? Some people simply call it ‘panic’.

or because I would only be writing another 60 parts?
eek hyper So, three epics?

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Have you ever seen a movie set around a civil uprising, post-apocalyptic mass-hysteria or anything of that sort? Some people simply call it ‘panic’.
Well, instead of a "break" I've re-organized my TOC, grouping my parts into smaller stories for those who don't have time to read an epic in one sitting (or spaced out twice a week).

EW: Maybe I'll fit it back in for the Archives,

ER: <<begs for more parts>>
Well, I've also been thinking of copying the Christmas section out into it's own story, trimming out the extraneous plot point which might confuse the non-WC reader and posting it as a short Christmas story. I might add that incomplete scene back in there, if I can get it to work. wallbash

Ten more years worth of stories! <<extra excited>> So, three epics?
No, I believe I write faster than that. I had already started writing "Another Lois" by this time last year and since WC won't be finished in 2012, and I have to go back to work in the RL at some point... so maybe 5. wink But no promises.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
(or spaced out twice a week).
hyper

and I have to go back to work in the RL at some point...
[Linked Image]

so maybe 5. [Wink] But no promises
Oooooh! hyper

wave Michael

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard