Ok here goes. This is my first fanfic (I am so nervous about posting this) and I welcome all comments.

Bird’s Eye View

-Oh by the way Luthor. If you want to find me. You just have to look up.

Lex’s eyes narrowed. Now why did that sound familiar? Like Superman what throwing something he had said back in his face. Suddenly he remembered.

-Kent! He hissed.

He had caught Lane and Kent snooping in his office the night of the White orchid Ball. She had tried to pass it off as just exploring his home. He had not built his huge empire by being a fool. He knew she had been investigating him. Lois had been pestering his secretary with calls trying to get an interview. What had possessed him to accept. And offer to spill his guts over diner no less. No, he new why he had done such a stupid thing. Her confident approach when he made his grand entrance that night. In that instant he decided that she represented a challenge he simply could not resist.

He also could not resist showing off for her as they toured his suite.

-I love that everyone in Metropolis has to look up to see me. He had said.

And now Superman threw those words back at him as if they were merely continuing a previous conversation they had had. Except Superman had not been there that night. But Clark Kent had been.

-I now own you Mr Kent, he thought.

-Nigel! He called his English butler who quickly arrived at his side.

-You called Sir!

-Yes Nigel. I have found a way to control that big boy scout Superman.

-How do you plan to accomplish this Sir?

-I have found out his secret identity. He hides in plain sight as Clark Kent. Though why he would want to be thought of as a mediocre weakling is beyond me. Now, you must have noticed like I did that he is besotted with Lois Lane.

-Yes I did Mr Luthor. The expression on his face when he looks at her is quite pathetic .

-I myself find her too confident and nosy. But that is something she can be cured of quite easily by the right man. I speak of myself obviously. She is a very attractive woman though. Back to my plans for Mr do gooder though. I don’t want to eliminate him right away. I want to play with him a little first. He came here and presumed to threaten me. That will not go unpunished. I need you to find out everything about Mr Kent for me. Where he grew up, where he has been and who his friends are. I will then eliminate them one by one until only Lois Lane is left. Then I will win her for myself and drop hints as to Superman’s true identity and let her expose him for the fraud that he is.

-A very devious plan Sir. But what if he figures out who is behind all of these “accidents”

-That’s the beauty of it Nigel. As an investigative reporter he has already made a slew of enemies and will continue to add to that list with his exposés. It will be amusing finding ways to frame a different person for each incident. Start by his childhood friends. See who he has kept in contact with to make sure that he is quickly informed of what happened.

-As you wish Mr Luthor.

Lex sat thinking at his desk, an evil smile playing across his lips. He was definitely looking forward to the day when Superman would be crushed and Lois Lane would be hanging on his arm as a trophy wife after he destroyed her stubbornness.

enriquefan