Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
- Responce to John's FDK Comments - Cont.

Hmm, if Walt is that adverse to someone else driving Rachel home, maybe it is doubly good that Hank did not try to put the moves on her. Walt might not have been OK with that at all.
Hank wouldn’t have survived the ensuing fight with Rachel, if he had been so stupid. Lana probably wouldn’t have allowed it either. She might only think of herself, but most women cannot (I hope) ignore another woman screaming “no!”

As opposed to how he will interpret it when she tells him her date spent a long time having relations with another women?
Heresay. He’s only worried about appearances. Anyway, if she tells that story, he’d probably come up with a worse one about what Rachel had done. (lies, of course).

This is probably the real source of the accident. Walt was enraged that anyone liked Thomas more than him, and the rage prevented him from driving correctly.
Seems like a plausible explanation.

It has been several hours since Hank last drunk anything. Would he still have beer on his breath. Sounds like a fake excuse to me.
Trust me, when someone has been drinking to the point of drunkedness, they don’t sober up THAT quickly and they can stink to high-heaven until they shower and brush their teeth.

So the Harris's have been accusing Walt without evidence.
[Linked Image]

Did Lana accuse Hank of telling Jerome about the biological parantage of their oldest child?
Nah. She was there for the full conversation.

I think you have against too many times in that sentance.
blush

So much for the cover story of Jerome and Lois being married. Although I guess if Hank asks about this, there are two possible claims.

Lois:I could say I am really good friends with Jerome's mother, and so refer to her as my mother as well.

Clark:Or you could claim that your maiden name just happened to be Lane, as well as your married name.

Lois: Or, I could just point out that you changed your last name to mine. That is the most truthful anyway.
Or Hank could just discount anything Lois says for these first few minutes because she just hit her head.

Of course, that was what, nine years ago. Maybe Thomas has become a gun afficionado since then.
Doubtful.

So Hank went from one ultimatum giving friend (Walt) to a new one (Lana).
Lana owes him one for marrying her. Somehow Hank finds it easier to manueuver around Lana’s ultimatums.

Lois survived the explosion. I am glad you told us this part before Clark seeing it and thinking Lois must be dead.
But later you suggest that I should move this part back until after Clark hears the explosion. Hmmmm. I’ll continue to think about this.

Clark:There goes my peace and quiet. If I am going to suffer from Kryptonite poisoning, I was hoping I wouldn't suffer from having to listen to the mad man rave as well.
huh Maybe. No one knows for sure. Would he get more raditation from a larger chunk? Or the same amount? It’s debatable, which is why Clark doesn’t know (nor wants to test this theory).

Martha has gotten it away. Clark just might live.
I already have a dead Clark in this story, I don’t need two, but that doesn’t mean I won’t torture him a bit or push him to the edge every once and a while.

Yes, Clark's chances of surviving went up even more.
See, he’ll be fine. Kind of, sort of, not really.

Good old Lois, worrying about her briefcase when she has nearly been killed.
Always good to hear that I got my characterization down.

Does Hank want to get smacked? I can not see Lois taking kindly to being called "missy".
Hank calling her ‘Missy’ is low down on her pet peeves at the moment. If all this other stuff wasn’t going on, yea, it would be a fair assumption that someone should tell Hank to cover his privates.

Clark: Well, at least she is using a name within the established set of the cover. We did tell Hank that my name was Charles Jerome Lane.
LOIS: See, I can think even with a head injury.

Thomas is avoiding revealing to Lois that Clark is being hurt by the "glow".
That’s because it’s a strange injury.

Although I am not sure this description is helping at all.
laugh

Sounds like she is suffering from shock, not even realizing she is bleeding. Of course when Luthor shot her it took her a while to realize she was hit.
According to my medical source it’s possible to be shot without realizing it. Remember Forrest Gump got shot several times in the backside and thought he’d only been bitten by bugs.

Clark: Because they are serious and need to be trated.
LOIS: Clark, you worry too much.

CLARK: I worry because I care.
LOIS: Save it for someone who believes that stuff.

Clark: <dance> she finally used my disguse name.
She remembers the cover and Clark dances?

If it was not for bad news, newspapers would be extinct.
Hence the addenum of “face to face”.

It was not until reading further that I figured out that was where his parents had died. You probably told us, but I had forgotten.
Yes, a while back. When Clark was first thinking about why he doesn’t like sweets, I mention that the Kents hit the tree at the base of the driveway, swerving to miss a deer and fawn.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
- Responce to John's FDK Comments - Part 3

I am so glad you did not put this line before telling us Hank got her out. I am also a little surprised you did not put the Hank getting her out part after this.
Actually, this part wasn’t supposed to have a cliffy AT ALL. laugh But then I rewrote the end of this scene which pushed it longer, so I figured… “That’s a good spot”. clap Pretty Much.

<At John’s dance party> Lois is not angry about this. Things are looking up.
LOIS: I do have other emotions besides anger. I just choose not to use them.

Clark: How am I going to tell her who I really am.

PR:Hmm, you could lead with "I come from a different dimension".

Clark: Unless I can show her that I am SM, she will send me to Dr. Carlin.

PR:This is a tough one.
[Linked Image] I’m sure that Lois would have a psychic feeling that Dr. Carlin wouldn’t be the right doctor for Clark. wink

Considering that Max has accepted that Mr. Irig was shot, he is just being a jerk at this point.
Mr. Irig was shot. Was does that have to do with Clark beating up Trask? True, Trask hasn’t pressed any charges… You’re right. Max is a jerk.

Lois is sticking up for Clark.
Clark is still technically her partner.

Lois:Trask is clearly crazy. If he is Superman, why is he all beat up.
[Linked Image]

Well, this time it is 100% clear that it is Clark Kent and not Superman that saved Lois' life.
LOIS: What? You think I have a “being rescued” fetish or something?

I was beginning to fear that Trask would live. Now, I am not sure what will happen. I am afraid we will move our above canon death count to something larger than 2
cool I promised a lower body count than in “Another Lois” for this story, since we’ve got a living, breathing Clark now.

A twice a week schedule is better than a total hiatus. Beyond that, it seems your buffer keeps getting smaller and smaller, so it is porbably better at least for now than the every three days posting schedule.
It saves me one posting every few weeks, but otherwise is the same number of postings as the every third day route.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sydney: wave See, I came back. laugh

Lana had always cared about one person and one person only: Lana Lang.
In every dimension!
Pretty much.

Handcuffs? For Trask? Or for Clark?
Clark. Trask is a colonal in the military after all.

For Clark! With a sheriff like Max, it's not very surprising.
I don't know. You seemed surprised. wink

You're EVIL! You CANNOT stop here! wildguy wildguy
Actually... cool

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: I haven't forgotten about you or your FDK. I'll try to get to it tomorrow. My yawns are overtaking me and I have to get up early tomorrow... Monday, again! Why do they keep putting those at the beginning of the week, I'll never know. wave

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave /makes note to do future FDKs concise and and to the point, without any senseless rambling, so as not to overtax dear writer/
Monday, again! Why do they keep putting those at the beginning of the week, I'll never know.
Because people griped about them when they used to be before the weekend. Ruined the whole thing on a regular basis.

wave Michael

PS: It's just a lucky coincidence that I'm up to date with WC right now.

PPS: /Diligently files note in circular storage bin./

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Let's see how much I can catch up before people notice, I'm not really helping my daughter with her homework. [Linked Image]

Always keep the mossy side of the tree to your left.
You know, they always say that, but having grown up in a rain forest, often trees have moss all around them.

They didn’t want to shoot their buddies sitting in the back of the truck
Trask will be happy to hear that they're loyal.

and praying they haven’t just been kidnapped by a Metro-cab driver.
How Lois really made her way through Met U.

Hey, better than a cliff.
CLARK: hyper Yes, sign me up for as a season passholder. What? A life-time pass? Yippie!

To pick up from John’s remarks: They probably found her bottom’s imprint on the freshly waxed kitchen table.
Possibly.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Jimmy:What is he going to do when he gets "proceed with caution", start going at the posted minimum speed? Oh wait, these are country roads, ain't any such thing.
Paved roads have posted speed limit signs and even a few unpaved ones do.
Those are posted maximum speeds. Posted minimum speeds generally appear on freeways. They are lower in Iowa than in Illinois, apparently to accomade tractors going on the freeway, or at least that is my theory. A standard freeway in Michigan has 70 mph maximum, 45 mph minimum.

There was a reason for going through official channels. Plus, aren’t all 9-1-1 calls recorded?
I am not sure that would be th case in rural areas.

His father had a heart attack and Max took over as “Sheriff” because of that.
So when he runs in the next election he will run as "Your Lawrence County Sherrif" and strategically avoid "re-elect" in his campaign, like my local sherriff (who I hope gets ousted in the election tomorrow, but I am not holding my breath, for some reason lots of people around here like our arrogant county exec, who I refer to as "the king" since he essentially came to power through taking his fathers postion, and he supports the Sherriff, oh well, I can hope for change)

Isn’t it strange then that Joan over at the Smallville Market said that the Daily Planet had sold out the day that the first Superman article hit the front page.
Max: I said no one else reads the Daily Planet. Those others just buy it to look at the pictures. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Clark: Hmm, maybe we should cover more Smallville news in the DP, so we get even more Smallville readers.

Lois: You do that Chuck, and leave the Superman in Metropolis stories to me.

clap Er… yeah. And everyone wonders why Clark doesn’t talk about his past.
Lois: I don't. I am sure it is because he stole someone else's identity and has not worked out his full cover story.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
- Responce to Micahel's FDK cont. -

So, if Hank had done it with the hands tied behind his back, that would have been fine?
HANK: I never would have done such a thing.

Ooooh! Walt could have made a killing by renting Lana out to the other guys in school.
YOUNG WALT: [Linked Image]

Why did Rachel go with Walt again? She was still into bad boys back then? Walt a lot like her big brother?
She didn't really know him. He was popular (why? a mystery of life) and he asked her.

Oh boy. Yummy.
HANK: It wasn't soooo bad.

RACHEL: [Linked Image]

Well, Lana sure appeared to enjoy herself.
LANA: I've had better.

Umm… Walt?

WALT: So, just a roll in the hay, then, without kissing?
LANA: [Linked Image]

LOIS: That’s what the taser in my purse is for.
clap

He appears to be a very cultured young redneck.
WALT: What? Did I do something wrong?

<Really? shock?> Also, wouldn’t that be a fun idea, to have more little redheads running around town?
Maybe around Lawrence and the other outlying towns.

When did they first start with paternity tests back in the day?
Well, this was the mid-80s and there was a movie back in the early 80s with Burt Reynolds called “Paternity” (I think I was one of the only people who actually saw this movie), so I’m going to guess “yes”. Although, if you watch the “Tudors” paternity is determined on how much your child is a healthy boy.

Also, what would Walt have done for support? Started agricultural business with weed as the main line of product and rob liquor stores in the evenings?
WALT: Sounds good to me. laugh

*Mrs.* Lane? My my, he *is* quite old fashioned.
HANK: I’m being polite.

<ER confused> Why would he think of her as Mrs but call her Ms?
Because even though in his mind he’s old fashioned he lives with a modern woman who hates to be called “Mrs.”

HANK: Oh, great. So Lana was right after all. *All* women share that prickly attitude.
HANK: I don’t know what you’re talking about. Aren’t all beautiful women like this?

Yeah, where does he think the steak’s coming from?
THOMAS: Smallville Market?

Wouldn’t Jonathan consistently call Jerome ‘Jerome’ instead of alternating?
Thanks. [Linked Image] He was supposed to. (And does again now). When I was writing ML, I almost posted a part from Jimmy’s point of view where he referred to Clark as “Clark” instead of CK. Believe it not, I do make mistakes.

Oh dear. Wouldn’t it be ironic when the sole fatality of the day would be Jonathan dying of a severe cardiac event?
MARTHA: No! Not ‘Ironic’ in the least.
CLARK: I’m going to have to side with my new-dimensional mom on this one.
EW: Great idea! <Although, I believe I’ve tortured Jonathan enough already>
Still, that’s why you also, *always* break the thumbs and index fingers on both hands of your bound captives.
CLARK: So you’re saying, since I’m not wearing the suit, I don’t *have* to follow Superman’s credo?

he really should have gotten those sideguns for his wheelchair, huh?
MARTHA: They’re on order for Christmas.

Oh boy. Also, his love is doomed, so…
CLARK: Just rub it in, why don’t you?

Actually, the really small bits are a lot more fun. You can introduce them into his digestive system and then his blood stream. Now, *that’s* where the real fun begins.
TRASK: <taking notes> Really?

He really doesn’t know her, does he?
Um… no, they just met that afternoon.

Still mad, huh?
LOIS: Always mad! Anyway, “Chuck” is an acceptible uncover alias, right?

CLARK: You have to know which fights to pick with Lois.
PERRY: [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
- Responce to Micahel's FDK cont. -

/makes so-so gesture with hand/
clap

Loitering. Defamation of character. And, after being faced with a gun, public urination.
clap That’s so clever! </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, I’ve found yet another way to torture Clark.

TRASK: <getting angry> Fight me! <starts yelling> I said, fight me! <Until he explodes>

ER: He makes for an adorable Rumpel. But I still prefer Robert Carlyle’s take.
I knew I had heard that line somewhere else before. blush On the other hand, what a convenient way to get rid of Trask.

Testosterone?
Oh? Is that Lois’s problem?

Oooooh! Will he break Trask’s sternum?
No super strength.

And now Superman knows why it’s fun to hit those that annoy him.
Oh, dear. Now Clark will expose himself to Kryptonite to go beat up annoying people like Ralph.

Oh boy. Isn’t that going to be some kind of give away? Unless Trask shoots Max and Thomas shoots Trask.
Some give away that Clark is stronger than Max?

Hearsay.
LOIS: Fine! He’s wanted for “questioning” in the death of George Thompson.

MAX: And why did you then only shoot him once?
MAX: Yeah, I’ve had days like that.

Also, Max is so going six feet under now.
For wanting to bring Trask in? Oh, dear.

Aaaahhhh! There’s the incompetent stooge we not love.
MAX: Sorry, I put on my hat and you couldn’t see my face while I was kissing Colonal Trask’s boots.

MAX: Yeah, right.
TRASK: Stupid rednecks.
clap

<Michael in shock, because EW actually wrote a non-wolfe cliffy> Wait, no part 58? <ER threatens EW with withholding FDK until next part is posted>
Don’t cliffies feel better when the next part isn’t right there to read and have a chance to age? [Linked Image]

/makes note to do future FDKs concise and and to the point, without any senseless rambling, so as not to overtax dear writer/
What? What?! I didn’t see any rambling in your FDK.

Because people griped about them when they used to be before the weekend. Ruined the whole thing on a regular basis.
rotflol

PS: It's just a lucky coincidence that I'm up to date with WC right now.
Not me. Beta’s keep knocking on my Inbox about Part 66.

PPS: /Diligently files note in circular storage bin./
Because you’re planning on getting behind again? Where’s the fun in that?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1
Let's see how much I can catch up before people notice, I'm not really helping my daughter with her homework.
You mean when her report card arrives at the end of the semester? wink

You know, they always say that, but having grown up in a rain forest, often trees have moss all around them.
clap

How Lois really made her way through Met U.
[Linked Image] It was either that or Nascar. And Lois found the latter one boring. Plus, she needed to sharpen her people skills by interrogating her passengers. Even caught a corporate spy and two drug mules that way.

CLARK: <Dislikes idea of endangered Loises> Very funny, Michael.
Thank you. I thought so.

I think I saw that one, but in this particular story, Lois WASN'T wearing her seatbelt, so not seatbelt bruising. [Wink]
No, I think it was from the steering wheel actually.

quote: Just like a street walker.

LOIS: <Not a happy camper> Excuse Me?
What? I’m not the one who got sold for 1500 bucks to a billionaire for a night of unbridled passion.

Of course, they do have their own system of justice.
.5 caliber?

LOIS: I think I know who was spying on me earlier this year.
Lex?

I believe they need two guys up front to do that Pulp Fiction move. One to drive and one to misfire the gun.
No, I think you could do it with one person, too. It’s just more entertaining if there’s more people involved.

JIMMY: What? There's lunch?
Oh, Jimmy…

Nah, [Wink] I couldn't see *any* friend of Maisie's doing any such thing.
/watches as Darlene switches tapes/

MAX: Nah, they're feds and all feds don't understand how things work in Smallville.
The sheriff, the preacher, and the judge are standing in a cornfield…

HANK: But I want to get that skank smell washed off as soon as possible.
clap

quote: YOUNG HANK: <amazed at his own virility>

YOUNG HANK: You mean I get to go on Walt's roller coaster again?! [Hyper] Yes, sign me up for as a season passholder. What? A life-time pass? Yippie!
rotflol

OLD HANK: [Linked Image] Maybe I can get a divorce, keep Barbie and the rest and marry that Lucy girl…

quote: Ooooh! Walt could have made a killing by renting Lana out to the other guys in school.

YOUNG WALT: <believes he just had this great idea>
LANA: [Linked Image]
CLARK: [Linked Image]
LANA: So, that’s why you’re sleeping on the couch?
LOIS: Did she just call me a hooker?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
quote: Oh boy. Yummy.

HANK: It wasn't soooo bad.

RACHEL: <Feels unwell>
HANK: You mind if I go watch a bit?

WALT: What? Did I do something wrong?
Oh boy.

Although, if you watch the “Tudors” paternity is determined on how much your child is a healthy boy.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Those are posted maximum speeds. Posted minimum speeds generally appear on freeways.
[Linked Image] Am I allowed a "Duh" here?

I am not sure that would be th case in rural areas.
Maybe not officially. wink

So when he runs in the next election he will run as "Your Lawrence County Sherrif" and strategically avoid "re-elect" in his campaign, like my local sherriff
Pretty much.

Max: I said no one else reads the Daily Planet. Those others just buy it to look at the pictures. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
JOAN (from Smallville Mkt): As long as they buy the paper, I don't care what they do with it.

Clark: Hmm, maybe we should cover more Smallville news in the DP, so we get even more Smallville readers.

Sounds like something straight out of S1.

Lois: I don't. I am sure it is because he stole someone else's identity and has not worked out his full cover story.
CLARK: cool

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
You mean when her report card arrives at the end of the semester?
Currently she's performing at "above her grade level" so I'm not too worried.

It was either that or Nascar. And Lois found the latter one boring.
Too slow?

Plus, she needed to sharpen her people skills by interrogating her passengers. Even caught a corporate spy and two drug mules that way.
clap

What? I’m not the one who got sold for 1500 bucks to a billionaire for a night of unbridled passion.
LOIS: Jealous, huh?

.5 caliber?
TRASK: Sometimes we use 9mm.

LOIS: I think I know who was spying on me earlier this year.

ER: Lex?
LOIS: Michael.

/watches as Darlene switches tapes/
DARLENE: angel-devil Hey, I've got to send my kids through college somehow.

The sheriff, the preacher, and the judge are standing in a cornfield…
MAX: What are you saying? That we're all part of some elaborate drinking game?

OLD HANK:<hits himself in the head> Maybe I can get a divorce, keep Barbie and the rest and marry that Lucy girl…
LUCY: I'll pass. I'd rather not be a nanny-wife.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
EW: smile1 There's more!

HANK: You mind if I go watch a bit?
RACHEL: Fine by me, I'm walking home.

WALT: Hank, trying to learn something? <shoos him away> I told you to watch my date, not yours.

HANK: I don’t know what you’re talking about. Aren’t all beautiful women like this?

ER: I don’t think Rachel was a bitca. Although, she *was* kind of prickly while waiting for her date to finish boinking his girl.
Thomas's and Clark's opinions aside, I don't think Rachel was considered in the same catagory as a "Lana" or a "Lois".

EW: Believe it not, I do make mistakes.

ER: <Feigns shock, amazement, and fainting>
Thank you. That was kind of you.

You also get to sleep with Lois.
LOIS: Wait! I don't get to sleep with Superman?

CLARK: I think I can arrange that sometime, if you never forgive me for lying. laugh

Yeah. He gets totally sick. Worse than cancer, really.
CLARK: And to think I told the EW you should be allowed a RL.

/whispers/ She got Clark for that and he did a bang-up job before, too.
LOIS: <scoots skirt up thigh> Claaaaark, can you type up this story for me? <<bats eyelashes>>

CLARK: Sure.

JIMMY: I can type.

RALPH: I can fake it.

LOIS: :rolleyes:

/hands Virginia achievement badge/
hyper Oooooh. Something shiney.

Clark: /checks Lois neck/ *groans* No, not Luis, *again*.
That's still on my 2BRead list. It must be a good one, because many people mention it.

/watches as Lois swipes small chunk of Kryptonite/
<Nine Months Later> LOIS: <very round in tummy> Nobody warned me that there was side-effects to this stuff.

See? Was that *so* hard? Now we can print it.
LOIS: Thanks, Perry, but this wasn't an article, this was my trying to get the sheriff to arrest Trask. Circumstancial evidence or not.

I believe it’s called unjust and cruel punishment.
evil

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J

Sounds like something straight out of S1.
Yes, well it is close. At one point in the discussion of ging to Smallville to cover what was going on at the Irig famr, Lois tells Clark to go and leave him back in Metropolis so she can get Superman stories.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Currently she's performing at "above her grade level" so I'm not too worried.
smile1

WALT: Hank, trying to learn something? <shoos him away> I told you to watch my date, not yours.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Yes, well it is close. At one point in the discussion of ging to Smallville to cover what was going on at the Irig famr, Lois tells Clark to go and leave him back in Metropolis so she can get Superman stories.
[Linked Image] I forgot about that.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Also, too many traffic rules one has to follow.
LOIS: whinging

CLARK: [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOIS: [Huh] I'm not familiar with the phrase "traffic rules".
wave Michael

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard