Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Comments are luvvvvv, as Barry White used to say.

sloppy

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Kerth
Kerth
Toxins on the bills eek That is *not* very nice, Doc Carlin.

Th hospital scenes from Rebecca's POV were great, Terry - really well written.

I sense the Lois and Lex relationship is starting to dissolve - but that could be just wishful thinking smile

Looking forward to more,

Corrina.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Ariana seems to have even more sinister ways to get rid of underlings than we ever saw from an evil Luthor.

I am trying to remind myself Luthor is not evil, but I am not sure I fully believe that.

I have began reading the first two stories in this trilogy. I think if I get through them I will be less confused by this story.

I am still surprised Lex has not been arrested, along with all his accomplices.

John Pack Lambert
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Well done. I am re-reading the first two parts now, delighted to see them available in ePub.

As I have said before I hate that you have Lois and Clark with other people, but you tell it so well. At this rate I can not see a way to get L&C together in only 16 more parts.

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Arianna Carlin is not a woman to be trusted - under any circumstances. Imagine killing off your henchman with a slow acting poison! By explaining she did not want her fingerprints on the counterfeit bills because it would lead to a connection between them and her was brilliant. It threw them off completely.

There will be massive fallout from this botched paramilitary operation. One cannot help but wonder why Lex did not attempt a more subtle way of bring her in. Perhaps manipulate her bank accounts or best of all ask Superman and Ultra Woman for help.

Another point. The Dangerous Boys are breaking up! It was bound to happen since they were all getting ready to graduate. Still, it might have been nice if Morgana had waited until Rebecca was in better shape to give her the news. With this anchor of friends gone, Rebecca will cling to Clark as she heals. As Framework mentioned above there does not seem to be a way to bring Lois and Clark together in 16 chapters.

Looking forward to watching the final chapters of this intense story continue to unfold...

Love Epubs!!! smile1

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Thank goodness for insomnia, right?

Corrina, you think this relationship is dissolving? Maybe, but stress on a relationship is one of the bests tests for its potential for permanence. I've told my kids multiple times that you aren't ready to marry anyone until both of you have said those eight magic words: "I was wrong. I'm sorry. Please forgive me."

John, if you read the comments to go along with the other stories, you'll find that I'm trying very hard to show Lex Luthor as a not-bad guy but not necessarily a good guy. And maybe he hasn't been arrested because of his wealth and influence, his potential to help the authorities better if he's free, and the fact that his company is one of the largest employers in the country, not just the city.

Frame, a lot can happen in sixteen parts. In fact, a lot is surely going to happen in sixteen parts.

Morgana, I've tried to portray Arianna as the consummate villain in this piece. We didn't get to see her much in the show, but she certainly wasn't a nice person in canon. I've just allowed her to take it a few steps further.

You're right that there will be fallout from the botched operation. But why would Lex ask Clark or Lois to help him? He knows that neither of them would participate in anything like this. Besides, he has grand plans which will take care of everything! He's the man! At least, he thinks he is, albeit one whose ego has been badly bent by finding out that his girlfriend can pick him up with one hand and toss him halfway around the world.

Yes, Rebecca will cling to Clark for security, especially now that she knows The Secrets. But the breakup of The Dangerous Boys won't happen all at once. Morgana is the only one who understands the urgency, and we'll see the consequences of that later on.

Good comments, y'all! Next part up soon!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard