Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Shouldn’t they have paced themselves and waited the appropriate time?
Should've. Would've. Could've.

TRASK: Now you tell me!

An argument often appears sound and logical to the unhinged mind that concocted said argument.
[Linked Image]

And he’ll kill only one of them?
He really is evil. Nah, Trask is fair and just, he'll kill them both.

Hmm…killing someone could be interpreted as setting him free.
Potato / tomato.

MARTHA: Uh... I don't think they count as the same thing.

JONATHAN: Me, either.

CLARK: Nope. Not the same thing in the least.

So, that’s where Clark learned how to speak the literal truth.
What? You thought he learned everything from Martha?

LOIS: [Linked Image]I normally wouldn’t hit a disabled person, but…
Right and Clark is the only person she knows who talks from both sides of his mouth.

LOIS: Who else? And don't say Lex again!

CLARK: I just can't win.

Steroids, so she could win the football championship in college.
You mean all those olympians from the 1980s really were women?

Not really. The common denominator would be Trask.
TRASK: I didn't bring Superman here. /Psst. That's that other story./

The only germs capable of killing an alien child would be those local to Kansas.
Not necessarily. It could have been a space coffin and he died of an Kryptonian plague and sent into space. Jonathan was supposed to be protecting the humans, not the dead baby.

Newcomb?
TRASK: I've always hated that guy.

Their families would be scorched in front of their eyes?
TRASK: Yes, Superman would do that to anyone on my team.

No, actually the Kryptonian alphabet starts with Kei. So, when the computer looked up possible families, he first stumbled onto a Kent. And when they didn’t look like a group of drug addicts, the baby would be deposited in their laps.
clap

LOIS: I know.
clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/waves hand in so-so gesture/ Eeeeeehhhh…
Right, they need the whole team.

*into*? <Micheal's eyes pop at the dirty humor of B39 agents>
cool

Concubine, please.
That's too many syllables.

Now, that’s just nasty. Aren’t they trained military? I guess they washed out because they still behave like that, huh?
Uh-huh. Like mercenaries *never* do any such things.

LOIS: <Lois develops the power to turn men to ash with her eyes>
Another reason it was good she wasn't captured and brought to the Kent farm with Clark.

LOIS: Are you serious? Lex just shot me a bit. Did you *hear* what that pig was saying? Gah! *Men*! *Alien* men.
clap

Sadly, none.
LOIS: You want me to catch Kryptonian VD? Wait, Superman has VD? Superman? laugh No cliffies in 58.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Oh, you mean when the New Kryptonians invaded.
Yes.

It took me a lot of thinking to figure out what you were talking about.
Sorry.

Did CK go around town without glasses during the NK ark. I had totally forgotten that.
Yes, Superman went "undercover" as a prisoner (landscaper on the Smallville Golf Course) in jeans and a baseball cap, no glasses.

How he was able to go back to being CK and Superman after that without Jimmy and Perry, and all of Smallville and maybe a few others knowing is still beyond me. The "CK is undercover" might have worked, but how did they explain to Jimmy that Kal-el and Lois were being so friendly?
Jimmy and Perry didn't see him while Superman was "undercover" since it happened in Smallville, before Nor captured the Kents. Plus, Lois and Superman were always "close". I have no idea how they didn't think he could pull it off. Actually there's a funny story on the Archives about this very thing, but I can never remember the title. It's something like "Everybody Knows".

Those glasses must truly be a super disguise.
Clark must think so...

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I was more thinking that Lois as Kal-el's concubine might have tipped off Jimmy and Perry. However I guess it might not have been fully obvious to them why Lois showed up with Kal-el, so who knows. It's not like they were there on the ship.

What really blows my mind is how "Home is where the Hurt is" does not lead to Sam and Ellen figuring out something, or at least Ellen assuming her daughter is following in her father's unfaithful ways. There is a reason why there are stories on the archieve that explore these possibilities.

John Pack Lambert
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He really is evil. Nah, Trask is fair and just, he'll kill them both.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was more thinking that Lois as Kal-el's concubine might have tipped off Jimmy and Perry. However I guess it might not have been fully obvious to them why Lois showed up with Kal-el, so who knows. It's not like they were there on the ship.
Sounds like a good discussion to have on the Battleground Earth discussion thread. Ooops. Nope, we haven't gotten to S4 (let alone S2) yet.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She always seemed to be sneakier one.
Which is why it's always fun when you learn Clark got something from Jonathan instead. laugh

Actually, in *that* story, he lost him there.
TRASK: Fine. Rub it in.

Interesting that the team would still only get to see the results and be told that it was Superman.
TRASK: Yes, it was Superman who killed the traitor... I mean, Sargent Kowolski. Turned him to ash. Ignore the blow torch device in my hand. It was Superman! Superman, I say!

At least you tried to keep them from spawning. That’s something, isn’t it?
TRASK: He'll spawn? I knew it! I just knew it!

Universe really tries hard to rid this world of Superman.

TRASK: It’s my universe, after all.
CLARK: So, you're saying, I shouldn't take it personally?

MAX: No, this is Harristown.
clap

Max caught him with the preacher’s underage daughter on a Sunday morning?
MAX: [Linked Image] Yep, that sounds like Max's type of sheriffing... via blackmail.

Nah, nobody likes those sleaze banker dudes.
Except the town council.

They really are the school washouts, aren’t they?
Do you expect the educated to follow Trask blindly?

I thought they were his fellow soldiers trained to America’s finest standards? Until they got overzealous and a tad xenophobe when they met Trask.
TRASK: Oh, I left those guys in charge of the plane.

Sadly, that she never had the chance too. Also, Superman carries one that significantly alters the body’s shape over the course of nine months and then causes lots of sleepless nights over the following two decades and a massive financial impact.
LOIS: eek Sounds serious. Maybe I should hook up with Clark instead.

CLARK: [Linked Image]

To ‘do not kill unless deemed necessary’?
LOIS: Only if I'm the one who gets to do the "deeming". laugh

CLARK: So, 'thou shall not kill' it is then.

LOIS: Darn! Me and my big mouth. RALPH was deemed necessary!

/goes and finds out/ Although, what will then be the incentive to read part 59 as soon as possible instead of catching up with other stuff?
Because... well, because I'm answering in part 56, I can't even give you the hint I was willing to... How about "All will be revealed"? evil Soon. Very soon.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well until Lois learns CK=SM, there is always hope she will in the next part. OK, maybe not a lot of hope, but some hope.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
TRASK: Yes, it was Superman who killed the traitor... I mean, Sargent Kowolski. Turned him to ash. Ignore the blow torch device in my hand. It was Superman! Superman, I say!
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well until Lois learns CK=SM, there is always hope she will in the next part. OK, maybe not a lot of hope, but some hope.
evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Kowolski? As in turned-Goa’uld-Kowolski?
Isn't there always a Kowolski in those army / military / war films?

Well, *someone* has to finance their stately homes and stuff, right?
And their re-election campaigns.

EW Argument: Do you expect the educated to follow Trask blindly?

ER's Rebuttal: If it can be scientifically proven that aliens are evil and hellbent on enslaving Earth? And there’s ton’s of media-evidence out there about that. Aliens I. Aliens II. Aliens III. Aliens IV. Species I. Species II. Starship Troopers I. Starship Troopers II. Starship Troopers III. Star Trek. Transformers. Battleship. Dark Skies. <tons more>
Didn't you just state MY case?

RALPH: /shifts hand from left bosom to right bosom of woman he’s currently groping/ What? Why always me?
drool In which part does Clark flash me again? So, an episode with a trenchcoat... <<thinks>> I can only think of the Invisible Man part with the trenchcoat. Wait! Did Clark wear a trenchcoat at Christmas?

CLARK: [Linked Image] Any part you like. laugh

LOIS: Never mind. It's not as much fun if it's on purpose.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Isn't there always a Kowolski in those army / military / war films?
No idea. Don’t watch too many of those.

Didn't you just state MY case?
Huh. I missed mentioning Stargate. wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No idea. Don’t watch too many of those.
I got really into WW2 movies, especially set in Britian, after getting addicted to Foyle's War a few years before discovering LnC.

Hey! On an unrelated subject, I just realized that I managed to make a similar comment in Vicki’s FDK thread. <blushes sheepishly>
Oh, dear. Shall I get together with DC to set up a lynch squad? No? Okay, but don't let it happen again. [Linked Image] wink

Wouldn’t it be fun if he showed up at her place during PML wearing a trenchcoat and doing a Chippendale number?
rotflol But only if it happens over on the dark side.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, dear. Shall I get together with DC to set up a lynch squad? No? Okay, but don't let it happen again.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Linked Image] You don’t have to.
LOIS: She so does.
Oh, sorry, I didn't mean it WOULD happen in this story. I just thought that story SHOULD happen and be over there. laugh My bad.

VirginiaR.
---
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard