comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Interesting story. Hattie still seems extremely forward in her attempts to win Kam-el. I guess it comes from totally misjudging his feelings. At least Jen was quite forgiving of the attempt to seduce her fiancee. It surprises me a little, she seems more forgiving than Lois was of attempts to seduce her husband that never got nearly as far.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Jen was very forgiving of Jon and Hattie. Fortuntately he had told her about Hattie's feelings for Kam-el so she knew he wasn't playing around on her.

Nice little story.

I'm betting her courtship with Jimmy Junior was quite interesting. No doubt Lois and Clark probably laughed themselves silly watched them and remembering...

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What is James Jr.'s relationship to LnC again? Nephew? Let's hope that Hattie doesn't accuse him of nepotism.

I agree with John, Jen took finding Hattie and Jon like this very calmly indeed. Glad to see that she trusts her financee so much.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well since Nepotism is derived from the Latin for nephew, since historically it refers to the tendency of some officials in the Catholic Church to appoint their "nephews" to offices of prestige, Lois and Clark appointing Jimmy Jr. to a position is literally nepotism.

Although Jimmy is not a "nephew" in the sense of historic nepotism. In historic nepotism many of those involved were actual sons, but those perpetrating it tried to cover that scandolous fact, since they were under vows of celibacy.

On the other hand Jimmy Jr.'s father has a long-connection with the Daily Planet, even if he might not be with the Planet anymore (I am not sure), so in the current use of nepotism to mean appointing or promoting family members within an organization, this would seem to make Jimmy Jr.'s appointment even more a case of Nepotism. Lois and Clark seem to be running the DP newsroom almost like a family business. No matter how qualified for the positon Jimmy Jr. is, I can see people complaining a lot about such promotion of family members.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
On the other hand Jimmy Jr.'s father has a long-connection with the Daily Planet, even if he might not be with the Planet anymore (I am not sure), so in the current use of nepotism to mean appointing or promoting family members within an organization, this would seem to make Jimmy Jr.'s appointment even more a case of Nepotism. Lois and Clark seem to be running the DP newsroom almost like a family business. No matter how qualified for the positon Jimmy Jr. is, I can see people complaining a lot about such promotion of family members.
clap Next headline of the National Whisper: Scandal Rocks the Daily Planet! rotflol Lois and Clark better be wary. Yep, I can see Hattie taking offense.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
John,

Thanks for th eFDK:

Interesting story. Hattie still seems extremely forward in her attempts to win Kam-el. I guess it comes from totally misjudging his feelings. At least Jen was quite forgiving of the attempt to seduce her fiancee. It surprises me a little, she seems more forgiving than Lois was of attempts to seduce her husband that never got nearly as far.
Yeah, well, Jen had inside knowledge. She was forewarned that there could be a problem, they just didn't know how it would manifest itself.

Hattie did totally misjudge Kam-El/Jon's display of emotion and he and Jen both knew it and made alowances.

Jen realized that Hattie was trying to seduce Kam-El, not her fiancee.

The attempt was what spurred the disclosure.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK.

Originally posted by Morgana:
Jen was very forgiving of Jon and Hattie. Fortuntately he had told her about Hattie's feelings for Kam-el so she knew he wasn't playing around on her.

Nice little story.

I'm betting her courtship with Jimmy Junior was quite interesting. No doubt Lois and Clark probably laughed themselves silly watched them and remembering...
Yes, forewarned is forearmed. He knew he had blaow it when he reacted emotionally. Put yourself in his place. This is someone who is like a sister to him. He had been friends with her for about 15+ years at this point. He'd have to be an emotional cripple to have not reacted emotionally.

Jimmy Jr. and Hattie working together while Lois and Clark looked on with help from Jon and Jen. Sounds like the makings of some more stories. evil

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Thanks for the FDK!

Originally posted by VirginiaR:
What is James Jr.'s relationship to LnC again? Nephew? Let's hope that Hattie doesn't accuse him of nepotism.

I agree with John, Jen took finding Hattie and Jon like this very calmly indeed. Glad to see that she trusts her financee so much.
The relationship between Jimmy Junior and Lois and Clark is very simple.

Lucy Lane married Jimmy Olsen so their children are first cousins to the Kent children.

Since they are family, they are in on the family secret, even though they are not super and never will be.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi John,

Well since Nepotism is derived from the Latin for nephew, since historically it refers to the tendency of some officials in the Catholic Church to appoint their "nephews" to offices of prestige, Lois and Clark appointing Jimmy Jr. to a position is literally nepotism.

Although Jimmy is not a "nephew" in the sense of historic nepotism. In historic nepotism many of those involved were actual sons, but those perpetrating it tried to cover that scandolous fact, since they were under vows of celibacy.

In actuality this was more on the lines of poaching than nepotisim. Jimmy junior had an established track record as a reporter at the Gotham Gazette. The editor of the Gazette didn't want to lose him.

Since he had a track record as an established reporter there was no charges of nepotisim, at least at the Planet.

It wasn't in the story, but, I envision Jimmy Sr. still being at the Planet, however, he has moved out of reporting and moved upstairs so he was not directly involved in the hire.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] On the other hand Jimmy Jr.'s father has a long-connection with the Daily Planet, even if he might not be with the Planet anymore (I am not sure), so in the current use of nepotism to mean appointing or promoting family members within an organization, this would seem to make Jimmy Jr.'s appointment even more a case of Nepotism. Lois and Clark seem to be running the DP newsroom almost like a family business. No matter how qualified for the positon Jimmy Jr. is, I can see people complaining a lot about such promotion of family members.
clap Next headline of the National Whisper: Scandal Rocks the Daily Planet! rotflol Lois and Clark better be wary. Yep, I can see Hattie taking offense. [/b]
For all of the reasons I outlined above, the fact that he had an established record the charges would be unfounded and easily disporved especially since his father was not involved in the hiring.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard