Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I should proof read my FDKs. I am surprised you were able to figure out what I meant there.
help there is nothing I can say. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep. You've said it all.

No more Lana flash-backs.
I didn't say that. I said, no Lana SEX flashbacks.

No indepth description of his first time with Lana.
I've said enough on the subject (back in Part 5, I believe).

No Claude and Lois description.
I did Claude in GEM. Scratched him off my list... er... I didn't mean that as it sounded. I mean I WROTE about Claude in GEM.

Claude is just way too creepy, and if he does not come off as super creepy things will be worse. I prefer to think of Claude as the 100% jerk we saw in GEM.
Thanks. I'll take that as a compliment. We've got enough jerks in this story with Lex and Ralph (and a lunkhead named Clark).

CLARK: Hey! I resemble that remark!

I am guessing because he has not had the influence of M&J in his life, and he heavily lacks the confidence that having kind and loving parents gave canon Clark.
Possibly. clap

Which is why it would be very helpful if Lois was here right now, to learn the truth.
Don't worry, Lois and Trask will meet up.

Which is why things never worked with Lana. Well in part. They both treated the other in some ways as someone to boss around.

Hmm, hopefully this experience will cause him to trust Lois more.
[Linked Image]

Okay, I'm officially caught up with FDK. dance Time to post the new part...

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The fact that he couldn’t recall that time clearly was a sign that his eidetic memories were another one of his super abilities.
Either that or he was still high on Lois.

Was this the pathetic man he would have been if he'd been born without powers?
[Linked Image]

or a four-hundred pound whale.
Well, Lois likes to be on top of things, so…

What he was experiencing currently was the loss of Lois’s trust, of her affection, of her – dare he say it? – love. That was more agony than anything that other Lois had done to him.
Plus, it’s all his own doing.

She had told him from moment one that she had been engaged to that other Clark, and that was where her heart lay.
I’m guessing, as long as her body lies in his bed, that’s all fair and good.

He had pushed her away with his lies, his secrets, and now he had no idea how to undo this mess without coming clean, all the way clean.
[Linked Image]

Anyway, if he couldn’t convince her to love him without powers, then he didn’t deserve her love. He needed to work harder as Clark to earn her love, that was, if he hadn’t already lost her completely.
FRISKIN: And how long did you have these self-sabotaging urges?

“She probably went to your farm,” Clark told him.
drool
JIMMY: Wish I knew.
LOIS: ICK.
LANA: It pays the bills.
CLARK: What what feels like? confused

“I’m just nervous. Are college guys going to expect me to do more… things?” she murmured.
You mean, like special equipment, candles, multiple person arrangements?

“Of course not, Rach. They aren’t any different from high school guys, just bigger and drunker,” he teased.
Not helping.

“When you find the right guy, and you’re ready, it’ll be like magic. I promise.”
She goes out one night and wakes up the next morning, naked and with a headache?

“But what if my first time isn’t with the right guy, Clark? What if I think he’s the right guy, and he turns out to be a jerk, who dumps me afterward?
Well, then she’ll just have to try, and try again. It did work for Lana, didn’t it?

“What if you got…” He sat up on his elbows, and looked at her. “— you know?
With child?

It would change your whole life, both of your lives. It isn’t a decision you…anyone should rush into.”

“Okay. So, not tonight then,” she replied with a nod. “Tomorrow night?”
clap They could also wait until she’s less likely to conceive due to the position of the moon relative to her birthday.

“I’ll bring the blankets, and you bring the precautions,” Rachel suggested.
clap She’s taking care of the important bits.

She shrugged. “Why not? There’s nobody around for miles. Nobody will see us.”
What about Russion spy satellites trying keep taps on the alien invader?

“If something happens…”

“Then you’ll have yourself a wife,” she said with a laugh.
clap

He had flown himself to Austin in the predawn hours and bought the condoms. He felt dirty, cheap, and excited.
/imagines him standing at the pharmacy counter, looking embarrassed and very sheepish, as he points and mumbles while the pharmacist looks at him with scorn and packs a Bible into the bag with the condoms/

He had never thought of Rachel in that way before, and even though he had seen her a couple of times that summer in her navy one-piece swimsuit, he still couldn’t picture her naked.
So, no accidental x-ray vision usage then?

and even a couple bottles of beer he had been able to purchase because he looked older when he didn’t shave.
[Linked Image]

“I’ll just feel like a hotty, if you feel the need to rush.”
rotflol
Years later: “I’m sorry, Lana. I don’t know what’s wrong. The motor just won’t start.”

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
holding up the pack of hotdogs.

“Did you bring precautions?” she asked.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Yea! hyper It's the weekend.

Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Either that or he was still high on Lois.
[Linked Image]

Well, Lois likes to be on top of things, so…
CLARK: I'm okay with her wherever she wants to be around me. laugh

Plus, it’s all his own doing.
Pretty much.

I’m guessing, as long as her body lies in his bed, that’s all fair and good.
[Linked Image]

FRISKIN: And how long did you have these self-sabotaging urges?
CLARK: Um... ever since I met Lois, so... carry the one... almost two years.

FRISKIN: <checking notes> Didn't you say that you just started at the Daily Planet in the spring?

CLARK: Er... um... yeah. Darn, math. I meant 6 months. laugh

<in shock> Lois went to the *farm*? You…you…you killed *another* Lois?
I don't think they tell farm kids that the dog / cat went to live on a farm.

Oh my. They didn’t tie him to a horse-drawn carriage and drag him through the streets until he was naked, did they?
No, it just felt like that. The Harrises turned the Irigs over to children services and tried to have Thomas taken away from his folks.

/imagines Clark telling her wild stories about keggers that turned to orgies and how he had to ‘take care’ of all of Lana’s sorority sisters during one extra long weekend in Mid-February/
RACHEL: Hmmmm. So, precautions are a good thing. Yes, you definitely bring the condoms.

EW: What? You thought she'd want to change her mind?

Well, it is his old nursery.
Mmmmmm. Close. No, I'm sorry. I cannot accept that answer. Try again.

Floated?
Not yet.

Poor Clark. Poor Lois.
whinging

LANA: Get a grip. It wasn't *so* bad.

“What if you got…” He sat up on his elbows, and looked at her. “— you know?
With child?
[Linked Image] That's the one.

They could also wait until she’s less likely to conceive due to the position of the moon relative to her birthday.
They could be there's only a few days left before they head off for college.

She’s taking care of the important bits.
RACHEL: clap

Ooooh! He’s floating!
Well, kind of. The real floating comes later.

Rachel sure…sounds…like she likes what she’s seeing.
RACHEL: Duh!

Yep, she sure planned ahead. Also – beat – it’s all over now.
RACHEL: When you said you'd lose control, this isn't exactly what I thought would happen.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And now she’s ruined for all other human males. Let’s hope the NKers are punctual.
Now that you mention it, the NKers arrive in canon between the first and second time canon Lois and alt-Clark meet up. If alt-Zara wanted alt-Kal-El, there really wasn't anything (alt-Lois) holding him to alt-dimension, was there? So, why not go? I'm guessing the NKers haven't arrived yet, or arrived a few years early and didn't like the man Lana had made Clark into...

CHING: He wouldn't make a good lord. He cannot even stand up to his concubine of a girlfriend.

ZARA: That's not necessarily a *bad* trait.

CHING: <Looks at the envy in Zara's eyes, and know he's lost her forever, because he'd never let her boss him around like that. Needs to make a drastic move> He'd never be able to defend himself against an attack from Nor.

ZARA: <sadly> Yes, you're right. Never mind. On to plan B.

CHING: <knowing he's Plan B> drool

You mean, his being married to Rachel wouldn’t be clue enough?
Yes, but in alt-dimension Thomas is working at a video store in Wichita, while Rachel is in Smallville as sheriff.

That will be awkward when Dead Clark returns.
[Linked Image]

He’s a glass half full guy, isn’t he?
He's more of a "the glass is between full and empty" sort of guy. Here, he's just lying to himself (since it works so well with others, he thought he might try to use it on himself.)

Does it help if Lois would have been caught just as easily?
CLARK: A bit.

Why? Maybe they’re militant treehuggers?
thumbsup

Right now, currently cushion is at 8 parts, so staying as is... of course, I've got houseguests arriving in a few hours for 10 days... soooooooo... We'll see. The NEXT part (57) will definitely be on-time and full. evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, I know I shouldn't do this, but since it wasn't obvious to either of my Betas (even AFTER I added the more telling part of Clark buying the beer), or any of my Readers, I'll try to spell it out and see if it hits any of you over the head.

cool Back in alt-dimension, while spending the first summer after college, where did Clark go when he wanted to "relax"? Where his cares seemed to melt away? It was like all the stresses of his life "didn't matter" anymore.

cool He brought Rachel to join him at Shuster's field, and planned on telling her some of these things that weighed him down (but not necessarily the whole truth).

cool After spending the evening star watching in Shuster's field, Clark easily agrees to Rachel's suggestion to "do it", even though he had never thought of her in that way before.

cool He broke the law to buy beer (in Texas even!) and didn't CARE.

cool Clark even used his heat vision in front of Rachel and floated her above the ground so she'd be more comfortable. <<i.e. not scared of using his powers in front of her>>

cool It had felt like he felt (currently) on Green Kryptonite, slow, dumb, DRUGGED, only without the pain or the loss of his powers.

cool With Lana it wasn't as good as he remembered it had been with Rachel. Thinking back to his time with Rachel had this dream-like nostalgic feeling to it.

cool Thinking back on that time of his life, he didn't understand WHY he made the decisions he had.

Do you still think Clark agreed to it because of the way he was brought up? [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Columnist
Columnist
In my Canadian expertise, I can tell you that everywhere in Canada has a 19+ drinking age, with the only exception being Quebec. Quebec is 18.

Smoking is also 19 here to purchase, however, you can legally smoke at 18, but it's illegal to sell/give to anyone under 19. Figure THAT one out!

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
In my Canadian expertise, I can tell you that everywhere in Canada has a 19+ drinking age, with the only exception being Quebec. Quebec is 18.

Smoking is also 19 here to purchase, however, you can legally smoke at 18, but it's illegal to sell/give to anyone under 19. Figure THAT one out!
But as you pointed out when I emailed you about this earlier, how would a Farm Boy from Kansas, who doesn't drink, know the drinking age in Canada?

VirginiaR.
---
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] In my Canadian expertise, I can tell you that everywhere in Canada has a 19+ drinking age, with the only exception being Quebec. Quebec is 18.

But as you pointed out when I emailed you about this earlier, how would a Farm Boy from Kansas, who doesn't drink, know the drinking age in Canada? [/b]
Exactly. Truly, unless you're nearby, nobody really knows this Quebec loophole.

.talk nerdy to me.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I'm thinking the canon line dancing scene was building more friendship with light flirtation, not technically a date.
Peobably true. Lois going to the Kerths with Clark near the start of Season 2 was not technically a date either, since they are able to have their "almost first date" later on, so of course line dancing in Smallville was not a date.

Yes, I always wondered about that line. Does Superman have "flying dates" with Lois? Or does he mean, "I'll save Earth, and then I'll come back and save you some more"?
I think the former. Of course that means that Clark has been shooting himself in the foot a lot more than what we saw in PML. No wonder Lois was shocked with his not being willing to fully express his love for him in BatP, after all their flying dates and what not.

And then in season 2 we get "Church of Metropolis" where Superman does "real dancing" with Lois. What, has Clark decided at that point to live having two girlfriends, one for SM and one for CK? OK, maybe he has not fully accepted Mayson as a girlfriend, but still.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I had forgotten about them doing the Monique Kahn follow up. Still, that is tagged as "yesterday" to when Lois found the message from Martha. I guess that being Tuesday or Wednesday works, but there is no clear indication. I guess I was also assuming Cat would head to "fashion week" on Sunday, but I guess that was a wrong assumption on my part.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Yea! [Hyper] It's the weekend.
[Linked Image] Sadly, had to catch up with other stuff and so I’m backlogged with reading.

quote: I’m guessing, as long as her body lies in his bed, that’s all fair and good.

<Lois appears slightly displeased with Alt-Clark>
laugh

CLARK: Er... um... yeah. Darn, math. I meant 6 months.
clap

I don't think they tell farm kids that the dog / cat went to live on a farm.
So, ‘he got turned into supper’? Or, he got sent to the Big City?

RACHEL: Hmmmm. So, precautions are a good thing. Yes, you definitely bring the condoms.

EW: What? You thought she'd want to change her mind?
clap

RACHEL: [Shock] Did I forget something?
Nope. Blankets. Important. Prevent back-sores.

RACHEL: Do you mean it'll eventually find it's way to YouTube?
[Linked Image]

I agree. John's currently working on something along that lines.
evil

quote: Then who would raise the little green man?

Rachel?
laugh
RACHEL: Thanks, Dad. Thanks a lot.

CLARK: Er... [Embarrassed] .... Um... Not of Rachel, no.
rotflol

RACHEL: When you said you'd lose control, this isn't exactly what I thought would happen.
/points/ Not overly patient teenager.

CHING: He wouldn't make a good lord. He cannot even stand up to his concubine of a girlfriend.

ZARA: That's not necessarily a *bad* trait.
rotflol /Zara’s already trying on the crown for size/

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
CHING: <Looks at the envy in Zara's eyes, and know he's lost her forever, because he'd never let her boss him around like that. Needs to make a drastic move>
hyper

He'd never be able to defend himself against an attack from Nor.

ZARA: <sadly> Yes, you're right. Never mind. On to plan B.

CHING: <knowing he's Plan B>
wave Michael

M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
I vote for the longer installments. Although I hope your buffer keeps ahead of you so you can keep posting frequently.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“If something happens…”

“Then you’ll have yourself a wife,” she said with a laugh.

ER: That could be a fun story
I agree. John's currently working on something along that lines.
Well, so far I have not said they got married in a shotgun wedding. Actually since they have only been married two years in 1993, and their child is only 1, well it probably was not a shotgun wedding. I just remembered that they are in a deviation off of alt-wrold, so Martha is supposed to be dead. I guess I will have to revise my story so there is no Martha.

I think I will also increase how long Clark and Rachel have been married. Let's see, Rachel graduated in 1985, and the story happens in the fall of 1993. Well, at least it is fall 1993 when we start, but that is in canon demesnion, or a replica, and then Tempus kipnapps Lois, so since he is crossing dimensions and moving Lois from Metropolis to Smallville, he might change time as well. I will have to think about this more.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J

Of course this only helps alt-Clark if alt-demension Canada has the same laws.

Anyway, if Mr. Harris had realized Clark gave beer to Rachel, this fact would not have helped his case. A-because he would be hard pressed to claim he had gone to Canada to get beer without revealing more about himself than he wants to, b-if they could make a case for corrupting a minor (hard when Rachel is 18, but that would not stop Mr. Harris from trying) it would not matter if Clark had legally purchased the alchohol at all.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Do you still think Clark agreed to it because of the way he was brought up? [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Wait, was Clark suffering from red-Kryptonite poisoning?

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]
[b] In my Canadian expertise, I can tell you that everywhere in Canada has a 19+ drinking age, with the only exception being Quebec. Quebec is 18.

But as you pointed out when I emailed you about this earlier, how would a Farm Boy from Kansas, who doesn't drink, know the drinking age in Canada? [/b]
Exactly. Truly, unless you're nearby, nobody really knows this Quebec loophole. [/b]
I knew Canada had a lower drinking age, despite being a Mormon who does not drink, but I also grew up North of Canada, that is in Michigan about 15 miles from the border, so I had friends and associates who would regularly cross the border to take advantage of the lower drinking age.

I doubt many people who live more than an hours drive from the border would know about the different drinking age issue.

However now that I see Clark just did not care if he got caught, it makes even more sense that he would not bother to go to Canada, even if he had somehow picked up the lower drinking age there.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I think the former. Of course that means that Clark has been shooting himself in the foot a lot more than what we saw in PML.
You meant with the Superman PML Kiss?

No wonder Lois was shocked with his not being willing to fully express his love for him in BatP, after all their flying dates and what not.
If they had indeed had been having private "flying" dates that did not include "rescues", then I'd have to agree with you here. I doubt that would have been the case though. I think if Lois and Superman had more real dates (i.e. "flying" dates) then she would have gotten more comfortable around him (per my story. laugh ) and stop being so gaspy female.

And then in season 2 we get "Church of Metropolis" where Superman does "real dancing" with Lois. What, has Clark decided at that point to live having two girlfriends, one for SM and one for CK? OK, maybe he has not fully accepted Mayson as a girlfriend, but still.
No, I don't think Clark saw himself as "dating Mayson" while Superman "dated Lois". I believe the dancing bit at the end of that episode was just Clark's way of finally dancing with the woman he had WANTED to dance with the entire time.

I had forgotten about them doing the Monique Kahn follow up. Still, that is tagged as "yesterday" to when Lois found the message from Martha. I guess that being Tuesday or Wednesday works, but there is no clear indication. I guess I was also assuming Cat would head to "fashion week" on Sunday, but I guess that was a wrong assumption on my part.
Even if actual days of the week weren't mentioned, they were still considered by the author. wink

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Sadly, had to catch up with other stuff and so I’m backlogged with reading.
But... but... but... then you won't know what's going on. frown Time to call in sick. laugh No? Darn. Okay, who told Michael he could have a real life? Clark? <<roll eyes>> How did I guess?

So, ‘he got turned into supper’? Or, he got sent to the Big City?
clap Yep. Sorry, Clark, Krypto moved to Hollywood to become a star.

And I was even joking about green K a couple parts ago. For some reason, I never think of Red K when I think Shuster’s Field.
clap

Huh. I just remember that one That 70’s Show episode where the gang drove to Canada for beer. Not even sure they’d been 18 yet. Okay, so, Plan B: Fly to Europe?
Yes, but that was the *70s* Show, this was mid-1980s, drinking age must have changed (due to too many drunk Americans going over the border).

TOWN MOB: No, she’s just a skank. Like that banker’s daughter.
clap

Fine, then just plain, military training. Hmm…I think I know why Max ‘stole’ her college money.
RACHEL: In that case, [Linked Image] Where's my brother?

And who takes care of Alt-World, then? Or is it that that universe doesn’t have a Lois so it’s going rapidly down the outhouse hole anyway?
Perry?

rotflol Or maybe we should just tell Tempus he can have it now? peep

So, they only see each other when he drives home on weekends?
Maybe.

Dr. FRISKIN: And how is that working out for you?
CLARK: [Linked Image]
DR FRISKIN: <jotting notes, draws sailboat> I think you'll need me a long, long time.

LOIS: Hey! You're supposed to be the good therapist!

DR. FRISKIN: Ha! <<rips off mask to show that she's really Dr. Carlin>>

LOIS: [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

DR CARLIN: <<Rips off mask to reveal Jimbo>>

JIMMY: Man, Jimbo. You're smooth. You got Lois good.

LOIS (aside to EW): What are we talking about again?
EW: That Clark loves you.

LOIS: He does?

Hmm…so, if I take it slow and ration stuff, I might be all set when you get back from the front lines?
Hopefully, I won't fall too far behind. eek I'm estimating slowing to two posts a week.

VirginiaR.
---
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard