#90391 10/15/12 06:17 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The moment you've all been hoping for... laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#90392 10/15/12 08:25 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Clark! smile1 This is excellent so far! thumbsup

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#90393 10/15/12 09:35 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Clark! smile1 This is excellent so far! thumbsup
wave

Thanks for the kind words! Yes, Clark is now with the Kents. We can all breathe a sigh of relief. And he's smart enough to know he can trust them with his secret, though the way Jonathan got rid of Trask really pushed Clark over that last hesitation. (Both to stay and to tell them about himself.) Remember, Trask is running a search for Clark. He has no evidence that he's really at the Kents. It was just bad luck that he wound up in the same place as Clark. Luckily, Super Jonathan took care of the problem.

There is a tiny time jump coming. Just a couple of weeks jump ahead really. I really did have fun popping all over the timeline. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#90394 10/16/12 05:41 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"I'm Clark."
And so Clark Kent was born. smile

Great chapter! Looking forward to Clark's new life. clap

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#90395 10/16/12 06:02 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What a nice first Christmas for S, well, until the mean old man who kidnapped him as a baby and abused him came looking for him. I love that S himself is enough a gift for the Kents. How sweet! And that he kept holding on to the football. His first toy. hyper

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#90396 10/16/12 06:42 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
It is so good we can now call him Clark. Martha was right that S is not even a proper name for an animal, let alone a person.

I am surprised that Trask made it here so fast. Maybe he figured Clark would be drawn back to his place of landing, or something like that. Jonathan was able to keep him out of the house. smile1

Clark is safe for a little while. dance I am just afraid that Cameron will try to capture him again.

John Pack Lambert
#90397 10/16/12 02:26 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
If S had crossed several state lines to end back at the Kent farm and Trask was able to find him within 36 hours, I'm thinking three possible scenarios. 1) Trask heard about the report from the Sheriff of a boy, roughly 12, who had been found by the Kents, in which case Trask knows that Jonathan was lying to him and might keep an eye on him and the farm to see if S appears. Or 2) Trask went back to where the ship crashed to see if S would go back there and started fanning out from there, in which case S (now Clark) would be safe (for the time being). 3) Trask has some sort of tracking device on S that he doesn't know about, in his clothing or something. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense on how Trask managed to get to the Kent farm within that short amount of time. That's too much of a coincidence in my book.
What Virginia said.

I am surprised that Trask made it here so fast. Maybe he figured Clark would be drawn back to his place of landing, or something like that.
What John said.

I also am disturbed by the fact that Trask came to the Kent Farm so quickly. Do you have some underlying whammy waiting for us? frown

#90398 10/16/12 05:59 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Ultra Woman:
"I'm Clark."
And so Clark Kent was born. smile

Great chapter! Looking forward to Clark's new life. clap

Andreia
Thank you! Yes, thus begins the life of Clark Kent. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#90399 10/16/12 06:22 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What a nice first Christmas for S, well, until the mean old man who kidnapped him as a baby and abused him came looking for him. I love that S himself is enough a gift for the Kents. How sweet! And that he kept holding on to the football. His first toy. How sad that S had to wear Jason's hand-me-downs until they were thread bare.
You may hate me for saying this, but I'm actually working on an even sadder Alt Clark for another story. wink Poor kid. Never has had a toy in his one. :

Trask really doesn't know how to build loyality, does he? How did he expect to get S to do his bidding? Once he sent him out on an assignment, what reason would S have to do what Trask told him to do or to return to home base? What a deluded man.
No, he doesn't. He was banking on just totally brainwashing Clark. And failed.

Yeah, I was a bit surprised too that Trask Sr. didn't use a name, when he showed Jonathan the photo... or that Jonathan didn't ask. "What's his name?"
That was Jonathan being sneaky, testing to see what Trask would do and say.

"Watch out. He has mental problems." Well, if he does, who gave them to him? Good thing that S escaped when he did, because Trask would have worn the Kryptonite around his neck (without the lead case) so S wouldn't have heat-visioned him.
Well, to be fair, I meant it more like Trask trying to discourage people from making contact with Clark. And if they did, oh well, gee, poor disturbed kid is making up stories about the evil Trask-man.

If S had crossed several state lines to end back at the Kent farm and Trask was able to find him within 36 hours, I'm thinking three possible scenarios. 1) Trask heard about the report from the Sheriff of a boy, roughly 12, who had been found by the Kents, in which case Trask knows that Jonathan was lying to him and might keep an eye on him and the farm to see if S appears. Or 2) Trask went back to where the ship crashed to see if S would go back there and started fanning out from there, in which case S (now Clark) would be safe (for the time being). 3) Trask has some sort of tracking device on S that he doesn't know about, in his clothing or something. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense on how Trask managed to get to the Kent farm within that short amount of time. That's too much of a coincidence in my book.
Okay, I was actually thinking it is a simple matter of math. They know Clark had run at X miles per hour. He can usually run for Y time before needing to take a break. So that would give him Z travel time/miles covered, giving them rough ideas of the radius he could be in. Fanning out members of B39 would cut down on the search time. Luck would put Trask in the right place at the right time, as he could have easily gone searching in the opposite direction, and sent Jenson looking in the Kent's area.

I'm glad that S decided to trust the Kents and that he had the file to share with them to help explain why Trask was such a bad man.
Yup. Totally helpful. laugh

I loved the part where Martha hugged him. Awwwwwwwwwwww.
laugh

Let's hope that the Kents will be able to keep him now and that he'll be able to have a semi-normal life. He has a lot of love to catch up on. Going to school will be a shock and a half for poor Clark. I hope the Kents understand this. He's never been around any other kids. I can just imagine what would happen if someone tried to bully him or he discovers girls with Lana.
I actually didn't touch on whether or not he meets Lana in this universe. You'll see why. I didn't think it really needed to go there, is basically what it boiled down to. Yes, he does have a lot of catch-up to play. Luckily for him, the Kents are up to the task!

Looking forward for more!
Soon!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#90400 10/16/12 06:25 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
It is so good we can now call him Clark. Martha was right that S is not even a proper name for an animal, let alone a person.

I am surprised that Trask made it here so fast. Maybe he figured Clark would be drawn back to his place of landing, or something like that. Jonathan was able to keep him out of the house. smile1

Clark is safe for a little while. dance I am just afraid that Cameron will try to capture him again.
Hi, John! Yes, it is nice to call him by his proper name now. smile As, I wrote to Virginia, it was a combo of math and bad luck that put Trask on the Kent's doorstep. smile And of course, you know he'll never stop looking.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#90401 10/16/12 06:30 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
What Virginia said.

I am surprised that Trask made it here so fast. Maybe he figured Clark would be drawn back to his place of landing, or something like that.
What John said.

I also am disturbed by the fact that Trask came to the Kent Farm so quickly. Do you have some underlying whammy waiting for us? frown
Nope, no whammy planned. Although, I *will* say that not everything is peaches and cream from here on out. But all the toys get put back into the toybox at the end, some a little worse for wear.

I described my thought process above as to why Trask was on the Kent's farm.

Thanks for stopping by!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#90402 10/21/12 06:04 AM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi DC,

But he had decided on one thing. If Jonathan and Martha invited him in this morning, he would take them up on their offer
Good idea!

Jonathan looked pleased to see that the boy was still there. That struck S as a new experience, and his heart gave a little flip in his chest. Trask and the others - even Jenson - had never looked pleased to see him in the mornings.
Poor boy! He really needs Martha and Jonathan.

"Glad to hear it. I was wondering if you might want to come in for breakfast. Martha's making her world-famous cinnamon buns."

"I...I'd like that," S agreed.
Yes, me too!

"These are for you, son," Jonathan said, when S failed to move.
I like that Jonathan is calling him "son".

Trask had somehow found him.
help

"The storm cellar," Martha replied. "You go see what this stranger wants. I'll take care of S."
SuperMartha!

In the next second, he found himself in Martha's embrace. It surprised him. He hadn't even been aware of what was happening until he felt her arms close around him. A tremor ran through his body; the last of his tension trying to bleed out from him. Martha held him tightly and stroked the back of his head comfortingly.

"Ssh," she whispered to him.
wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
#90403 10/21/12 07:47 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hiya, Sydney! help </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">rotflol

SuperMartha!
<nods>

How Trask does know this name?
Tempus told him.

And now, we need a Lois...
She'll join the story...eventually.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#90404 10/21/12 08:22 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The whole world seemed awash in a pristine blanket of frigid whiteness.
/waits for white-clad special forces to come racing through the snow on their snow speeders/

He'd been told about snow, had seen video and pictures of it. But they didn't do it justice. The beauty of it stole his breath away.
/waits for him to make snow angels. Or write his name/

They seemed to be taking their lead from him, letting him dictate the course of the conversation.
Well, he *has* been groomed as leader.

But he feared what might happen if Trask ever discovered that they were sheltering him.
Well, I’m sure it won’t be worse than what the Tickler would do.

S had enjoyed the feel of the material. His cell had offered only a hard cot and scratchy, starchy, thin sheets.
A hard bed to strengthen the spirit.

But he had decided on one thing. If Jonathan and Martha invited him in this morning, he would take them up on their offer.
hyper

Perhaps then, he might be able to figure out his next move, and pinpoint the feelings circulating through his body.
This is going to be fun, when he has a similar issue after meeting Lois hyper

"Look," Trask said, slipping a card out of his pocket. Unlike S' photo, the business card was in pristine condition. "If you happen to see my boy, give me a call, would you?
You know, what will happen when Trask visits the Sheriff and learns that the Kents found an orphan in their shed?

"Thanks. Oh, I should warn you. If you see my son, it's best if you don't approach him. He's got mental issues, and he could be dangerous."
Oh. Oh my! And here I thought he was looking for S but its Jason who ran away! hyper He was meant for them but the neighbor picked up the package and never returned it.

His name was Kal-El.
hyper

"About what you asked me earlier...I really want to stay here with you, if that's okay."

Twin smiles blossomed on Jonathan and Martha's faces.
hyper

"Clark," he said again, his voice full of awe. "I'm Clark."
hyper

To Be Continued...
/fast forwards to The Pilot/ wink

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#90405 10/21/12 10:49 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Oh. Oh my! And here I thought he was looking for S but its Jason who ran away! clap
rotflol rotflol rotflol

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#90406 10/21/12 06:33 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well, to be fair, I meant it more like Trask trying to discourage people from making contact with Clark. And if they did, oh well, gee, poor disturbed kid is making up stories about the evil Trask-man.
That is what I figured. Actually, I mainly figured it was Trask trying to get people to stay away from him.

John Pack Lambert
#90407 10/21/12 06:37 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Thinking about the math though, wouldn't that put Trask somewhere totally different, since Clark could be way further away. Or did they start at the theoretical end point when they found him missing, and then work back toward the base?

John Pack Lambert
#90408 10/22/12 03:15 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/waits for white-clad special forces to come racing through the snow on their snow speeders/
Well, at least there wasn't three horn blasts for White Walkers. wave

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#90409 10/22/12 03:16 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That is what I figured. Actually, I mainly figured it was Trask trying to get people to stay away from him.
<nods> To keep people away and to immediately discredit Clark in case people did *not* keep their distance.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#90410 10/22/12 03:21 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thinking about the math though, wouldn't that put Trask somewhere totally different, since Clark could be way further away. Or did they start at the theoretical end point when they found him missing, and then work back toward the base?
Of course, Clark could either be further away than the Kents, or possibly closer to B39 if he stopped and laid low. But they would probably know at least some of Clark's thought processes, since they trained him. So he would want to get away from B39, not stop when close by. He would be trained to not leave a trail, so he probably would have holed up someplace while it snowed. And patrols around the B39 compound would give them a time frame of when he escaped, since the would know that Jenson last saw him at, say 6pm, and the guards found him missing at 9pm.

smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard