Next Thread
Print Thread
#9032 12/11/03 04:02 AM
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Poor Clark ... he's trying so hard to tell her but he can't catch a break. <g>

Comments welcome and appreciated. smile What did you think?

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Maybe he could convince her that Superman wasn't so bad while they ate dinner ... yeah, that's what he needed to do.
Was he now going to have to woo her as Superman??
I wonder who Clark picked up the Dope Gene from. goofy This just smells like a disaster for him, poor guy.

Looking forward to more!
Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Features Writer
Features Writer
Kathy,
I love this
I think it's time to give Clark a break.
merry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Heh, heh. Clark's certainly got himself into quite a pickle! Even though I beta'd for you and so I've seen this before a few times, I still enjoy watching him twist around on the horns of his self-made dilemma <eg> It's unusual, in fic, for Clark to realize that Lois *has* to love Superman if this is gonna work... this was a nice way to hit that theme.

Favorite line:

"OK, I get it ... you want me to seduce Superman to advance our careers. You had me going there for a minute, Clark." She laughed out loud. "I've heard of sleeping with the boss, but this is ridiculous!"
goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Kerth
Kerth
I can believe he hasn't told her yet! :rolleyes:

And she hasn't hinted a bit... that last part about the advantadges of having Superman in the newsroom... was like saying: "Superman works as journalist!!!" smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Well, now we're getting to the part that I can relate to, and therefore, could have acted as an inspiration. There are some wonderful lines already, some have even been mentioned before inlcluding the one that had me rotflol
"OK, I get it ... you want me to seduce Superman to advance our careers. You had me going there for a minute, Clark." She laughed out loud. "I've heard of sleeping with the boss, but this is ridiculous!"
I can definitely say that you didn't get the pork tenderloin recipe from me.

I hope Clark works up the nerve to spit out the truth to Lois. The longer he takes the more painful it is.

gerry

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Can you say tease. I knew you could.

This dear readers is what you call the classic stall. Build up the scene, lead on the gentle readers than when the anticipation is about to drive you over the edge... tbc

Lois am cute and smart, but Clark am dumb. The poor sucker just can't figure out what he wants to do.

Tank (who figures that Clark will decide to postpone telling Lois for a while yet because he'll want to enjoy the hot tub with her before 'ruining' everything by telling her, then he'll postpone it for the massages, then... )

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
(who figures that Clark will decide to postpone telling Lois for a while yet because he'll want to enjoy the hot tub with her before 'ruining' everything by telling her, then he'll postpone it for the massages, then... )
I wouldn't object to reading about it. goofy

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks for all the comments, everyone. I'm glad you're sticking around, even if Clark is still stalling. He's trying, really he is ... Lois just keeps thwarting him at every opportunity. <g>

Maria asked,
Why Lois don't get the change in Clark's mood and conversation?
and Jose agreed,
And she hasn't hinted a bit... that last part about the advantadges of having Superman in the newsroom... was like saying: "Superman works as journalist!!!"
LOL Maria and Jose. Trust me, she realizes something is up ... she just thinks it means something else completely. wink

Gerry supposed,

Well, now we're getting to the part that I can relate to, and therefore, could have acted as an inspiration. There are some wonderful lines already, some have even been mentioned before inlcluding the one that had me (rotfl)
quote:
LOL, Gerry. The line you quoted is fantastic, but I have to give credit where it is due -- Pam Jernigan threw it at me as a joke during one of our brainstorming sessions and I laughed so hard I had to work it into the story. Ain't it great to have brilliant BRs? smile

And as for all the cries for Clark to quit stalling, I guess that applies to me, as well. smile Part 6 coming up!

Kathy

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard