Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#90219 10/09/12 01:03 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
You should know by now what this section is for. wink (If you're new and you don't actually know, then I apologize for my little faux pas in assuming, and you can leave any of your angry comments below. :p )

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#90220 10/10/12 04:19 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Okay, I'm convinced that Clark is paranoid. What isn't clear yet is whether this is all in his head or if he's the only one who perceives a real threat. Right now, it could go either way.

A third possibility is that someone he knows is doing this to him deliberately, perhaps with no malice intended. If that's true, though, that person is going to see just what it would mean to Metropolis to have a mentally unbalanced superhero. Because it's possible to gaslight someone into behaving as if he or she really is suffering from mental illness.

By the by, this is also a great way to show that anyone - and I mean anyone - can be stricken with a mental disability. And paranoia is one of many mental states which reinforces itself as time goes by. Have we ever seen Clark not trust Bill Henderson without reason before?

Still very creepy. The insights into Clark's thinking are chilling. He knows this is unreasonable, but he can't convince himself that what he's experiencing isn't a conspiracy of some kind, so every little thing that happens cycles back on itself and feeds the "beast" in his mind.

One gripe - these chapters are just too short! It makes me want to read more! Wait - could this be a plot against the readers to make them want more? Hmmm --

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#90221 10/10/12 08:19 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I read this right after you posted it, but I'm only now scraping together two minutes to write something.

I noticed that Clark seemed paranoid at first. Then he got better, but they went to see Dr. Klein for another "treatment" before going to see Henderson. I'm thinking Clark's maddness / paranoia is definitely related to his green K treatment. IS it only green K? Or has Dr. Klein added some red K?

Hug for Clark, although I bet he wouldn't accept it at the moment. I hope Lois is now aware that something isn't right. A paranoid Superman would be a bad thing for Metropolis, in deed.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#90222 10/11/12 03:42 PM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
As I sit here at my workspace I'm hoping Clark is not descending into some terribly dark place. As was mentioned previously, since when does Clark distrust Henderson?

Looking for more...

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard