Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Martha and I were wondering if she knew and was a darn good actress or…” Jonathan said, his voice fading with the other unspoken option.
CLARK: No, she just never attributed that floaty feeling to anything but my prowess in bed.

“I doubt I’d be on the couch if she knew,” Clark grumbled as another tendril of jealousy for his missing alter-ego rose.
Eeeeehhhh…

“Or permanently there.”
[Linked Image]

If you can’t be honest with the woman you love…”
He really doesn’t get the hint about them being estranged and his sleeping on the couch, does he? Then again, he probably has never come across an IRS marriage.

“It’s more for her protection that I haven’t told her. If it ever got out about me, the people after me would come after her.”
RALPH: Even I can see how that one’s a fishy excuse.

“I just know if I kept something like that secret from Martha…”
He’d be permanently in a wheelchair?

“I’ve got that EPA Clean-Up list you asked for. Smallville’s not on it. You want me to send it to that fax number you gave me earlier?” Jimmy went on.
You know. Those tricks would never work in today’s world. As it stands, one has to wonder why the field offices choose their assignments instead of the Bighead Central.

Martha had sent her back to the house to take the call and help the guys with breakfast.
laugh Although, I’m not sure that’s the better option.

The question was: who was the real Clark Kent?
[Linked Image]

Was it a local crime? Maybe.
Polygamy?

In a way it was romantic and yet totally believable, except for one flaw. Why would the mob be in Smallville?
/points at TV show named ‘Smallville’/

She dropped her head into her hand. Why couldn’t Clark be straight with her? Why couldn’t she fall for a normal guy? First Superman, now this one.
Dr. FRISKIN: Why do you think you have such commitment issues?

Surely he wouldn’t have chosen Clark at random to be the man to protect the woman that he loved, right?
Actually…

“That’s because I am normal,” he countered. This guy didn’t know how to toot his own horn.
No. He’s not flexible enough that way. It’s also why he needs a Lois.

“Very funny, Lois. How come you get to call me whatever you like, and I’m not allowed one little nickname?”
/points/ She’s Lois?

We cover the world,” Clark said, speaking up for the first time. It was nice to hear the smart-aleck back again.

“Plus, Smallville,” Lois tagged on.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Good point. She likes Clark too much to let him die.
Clark: She does? I was begining to loose hope. Thankyou for the help.

Actually Clark is always happy to have Lois nearby, no matter how much she's torturing him. Better a Lois nearby than a life without her in it at all.
Clark:Hmm, but I have come to Smallville a bunch of other times, and Lois survived in Metropolis for all of those.
Reader:That was before you knew about Ms. Kahn's death, at least mostly.
Clark:Good point, no Luthor here. OK, so maybe it is better to have Lois here, but I wish I could have come up with a better sotry than us being married.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: hyper

But water *stings* on open wounds. Especially small scratches.
LOIS: Oh? Does it? [Linked Image]

Lois!
LOIS: Michael! What? Are you saying he didn't deserve it? <<looks skeptical>>

Sounds like a Roman encampment.
LOIS: Let's hope that Trask doesn't like to walk around in a toga. [Linked Image]

He fell into some bushes?
No. Actually, he keeps his balance quite well.

And he’s not even the one who sent her there. But Lois doesn’t know that and she’s probably enjoying this.
LOIS: Who Me? [Linked Image]

Yep. Still mad from the MetSewRec.
LOIS: New anger, different day.

Everybody knows everybody else. The community sticks together and help each other out?
Except when your parents die and strange things start to happen when you're around.

/quotes Spaceballs/ They’re the adoptive parents of his alternate version’s father’s son.
Spaceballs! clap I haven't seen that in forever!

LOIS: Wait, she’s *the* Martha Clark-Lane? My mother kept telling me stories about her second cousin’s wild days. I just had no idea!
MARTHA: [Linked Image]

He really doesn’t have anyone except Cat, doesn’t he? Poor alien
Well, the Kents have accepted him as well.

They’re really bad people? Also, they had no idea there was an alternate version out there. Or the means to get to him.
Yeah! What's up with them?

CLARK: Come on, guys, aren't you being a little harsh?

EW: [Linked Image]He has no sense of humor.

That’s not really an answer.
Yes, but by not answering he doesn't have to lie more.

Suggestion: The truth?
She can't handle the Truth!

Okay, she could handle it, but she wouldn't believe it.

Ooooh! She can slug him now without breaking her knuckles
LOIS: I've never broken my knuckles on Clark. <at least not in this story>

Oh my. He could still dress as Superman. Carry her like Superman. Until he stumbles and she falls. Make love to her like Superman – superquick and only once.
LOIS: But Cat said Superman could go all night long without stopping?

CLARK: huh

He’s really making a case for himself, isn’t he?
[Linked Image]

Looks like you were right about her not appreciating a squatter.
Yes, but I've read ahead. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael - FDK Response cont. -

Don’t worry. He isn’t able to run very fast right now.
CLARK: I don't mind if she catches me. Every time she lays hand on me, feels like a caress. Only now that I've got K poisoning... eek Well, I'd rather die by her hand than somebody else's.

LOIS: I'm not going to kill you.

CLARK: You aren't? smile1

LOIS: How will ever get any answers if you're dead?

CLARK: Oh.

That’s nothing. You she have seen what she’d do to a computer
CLARK: Er... That wasn't the computer, that was the gift from her sister.

LOIS: Ewww. Do you have any idea were those come from?
clap

It took me till the next paragraph to realize she means washing-out-his-mouth-with-dish-soap swearing instead of hand-on-the-bible swearing.
LOIS: Maybe I meant both.

Unless…was she actually referring to his truth aversion?
CLARK: Well, Lois, I hear that a female Mad Dog is often referred to by another name, and since you want me to be fully honest with you...

Oh. Okay. That’s safe. Unless he’s fathered the infant when he helped out as Jerome.
CLARK: But I've been in this dimension for less than 6 months. Then again, I'm me. [Linked Image]

Lana’s got a whole bunch.
evil There are all forms of hell.

That reminds me, is she still wearing her business dress?
LOIS: No, I took it off to try on the brown dress, but then didn't have enough cash, so I've been wandering around in the buff hoping that Clark would notice, but instead he's drooling over some blonde with brats. Of course, I'm still wearing my business suit!

Wait. Lana dumped Walt for his best bud? And he accepted her, too? Oh boy. That’s better than a soap opera!
[Linked Image] Glad you're enjoying As The Corn Turns.

Also, I thought he crashed the car. Which means, um…he drove her back home after? Then how did they conclude rape? Especially back then? Oh dear. Oh my. Oh boy.
Date rape. Not abandoned in a cornfield rape by a stranger.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Actually Clark is always happy to have Lois nearby, no matter how much she's torturing him. Better a Lois nearby than a life without her in it at all.
Clark:Hmm, but I have come to Smallville a bunch of other times, and Lois survived in Metropolis for all of those.
Reader:That was before you knew about Ms. Kahn's death, at least mostly.
Clark:Good point, no Luthor here. OK, so maybe it is better to have Lois here, but I wish I could have come up with a better sotry than us being married.
CLARK: Yes, I like having Lois nearby as opposed to back in Metropolis where she could be getting in danger by herself. True, I've made a mess of things, but I'm sure it will work out in the end.

LOIS: Sure, buddy, you keep on thinking that.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOIS: Oh? Does it? <Lois appears to have been aware of that fact beforehand>
[Linked Image] That’s naughty! No Clark-nookie for you on your wedding night with Lex.

LOIS: Michael! What? Are you saying he didn't deserve it? <<looks skeptical>>
*That’s* not the point. You wouldn’t shoot Lex either below the bellybutton for bugging you, would you?

LOIS: Let's hope that Trask doesn't like to walk around in a toga. -
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: smile1

That’s naughty! No Clark-nookie for you on your wedding night with Lex.
LOIS: Say what? I'm doing what? [Linked Image]

*That’s* not the point. You wouldn’t shoot Lex either below the bellybutton for bugging you, would you?
LOIS: Depends on when he bothers me? In the middle of a story? On a date with Superman? When I get to the steamy part of a romance novel? While eating chocolate ice-cream with hot fudge sauce and whipped cream? I could always use a stun gun, taser, BB gun, full force water hose nossel, rubber band... for those offenses. All non-lethal. laugh Unless, of course, you meant British form of bugging, then YES, yes, I would.

CLARK: So would I.

It’s a good thing she’s not mercurial at all.
CLARK: You mean, she can get angrier?

LOIS: evil

Exactly. That’s when they call the village priest.
CLARK: Yes, I've met with one or two or 12 of those in my day.

True. But that’s still way too fresh. They might still sell him out.
CLARK: What? Mom! Dad! You wouldn't? thud

ER: I know. You should have seen him when someone shot Lois just for kicks.
LEX: It was an ACCIDENT! Really, you people, try to kill off someone to make a girl strip off her clothes for you and jump your bones and suddenly you're evil.

A lie in the heart is still a lie, and lie that cuts into the heart at that.
CLARK: I don't want to lie, but no matter what I say, Lois isn't going to believe me. I'm the boy who cried wolf and now he's suddenly arrived and nobody's coming to save the sheep.

LOIS: Likely story.

CLARK: See.

So, a drunk wolf who molests the sheep?
CLARK: You mean I could drink away my worries now? cool

No, I’m just telling it straight. I guess I could have become a lawyer if I had wanted to…
CLARK: But I like you. I don't like Lawyers. You make Lois say and do funny things.

LOIS: <wearing a maid's outfit dusting> What? I'm undercover.

CLARK: See?

DEAD CLARK: Skank.
DEAD CLARK: Actually, I gave her permission to move on with New Clark as long as he wasn't an evil clone. This one's a bit of a lunkhead, but he doesn't seem evil.

LOIS: Also, happy endings.
EW: I do write sad endings very well. frown But I guess there's always a first time. I mean, *not* with this story. Maybe if I turned M&J evil or something and Tanked you all. But NOT this story. This story is all about the HAPPY ENDINGS, isn't it?

Obi Wan cut a bit too deep, back on Mustafar, huh?
OBI WAN: [Linked Image]

LOIS: You put a half-dead plant in front of each table setting and pour the coffee onto them, right?
MARTHA: I don't have any half-dead houseplants. Sorry, how about some coffee mugs, dear.

/reminds Clark he’s presently vulnerable to rusty spoons and has a delicious sleen/
CLARK: <points at Lois> She's the one who wanted me to be 100% honest.

LOIS: Blaming the victim there, buddy?

CLARK: Lois, even when you've been shot, you're never the victim.

LOIS: Awwwwwwwwwwwwww. I mean, I haven't forgiven you.

Plus, Lois doesn’t know that.
True.

Drat. Also, I think she’s sticking out more that way.
CLARK: Lois sticks out even in cammo.

LOIS: Is that a sexest joke, there, Chuck?

CLARK: No! I just meant, because you're so beautiful. [Linked Image] Does anyone have any feet? I'm fresh out.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOIS: Say what? I'm doing what? <Lois faints from happiness at the thought of becoming the short-time trophy wife of a sociopathic billionaire>
laugh

All non-lethal. [Big Grin] Unless, of course, you meant British form of bugging, then YES, yes, I would.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Cool video on star sizes:

Lois’s normal anger = our sun. But she can go all the way up to VY Canis Majoris when getting ticked off.
clap on that video. Super cool. I wonder what Clark's powers would be like under a blue sun?

LOIS: See, he hasn't even scratched the surface of my anger. laugh

MARHTA: Well, son, we need the money for Jonathan’s ramp…
CLARK: But I helped BUILD that!

MARTHA: Yes, and we thank you for that.

No, what makes it evil, is that you don’t intend to marry her afterwards should she get pregnant.
LEX: [Linked Image]

[Linked Image] Unfortunately, Lois doesn’t do drunkards too often.
CLARK: Oh, right. Ah, what the hell. She hates me already anyway!

[Linked Image] He continuously lied to Lois. Plus, he wouldn’t make love with her to save her life. Or her sanity.
DEAD CLARK: And that makes him different from me, how?

EW: I don't write sad endings very well. […] But NOT this story. This story is all about the HAPPY ENDINGS, isn't it?
ER: /rereads/ Oh, there should be a ‘don’t’ at the start of that. Also clap
There, fix it. I drive my Betas crazy with my dropped negative contractions.

/Lois eyes strange implements with appropriate suspicion/ They look similar to the mugs from the office. But they don’t have pinups on them that get nude when the mug is hot. Or Superman crests…
Oh, did Lois replace her grey coffee mug with a Superman one?

LOIS: No, but maybe I could get one of those ones that as it cools off, Superman's uniform disappears. <<after they return to Metropolis, while drinking coffee during the morning meeting>> Hey, you know what's funny, without his uniform, Clark, Superman looks just like you.

CAT: How would YOU know that, Lois?

LOIS: <<holding out mug>>

CAT: About Clark, I mean.

LOIS: Oh, look at the time... I need to write a story about... something bad. Lying... cheating... politican or something. Hey, it sure is hot in Metropolis, yeah! I could write about that! Tootles! [Linked Image]

CLARK: <<shakes head>> I don't know what she's talking about. Superman doesn't look anything like that naked.

<<Clock ticking on the wall of the office as they all stare at Clark, and Cat starts to giggle>>

CAT: Oh, honey, sure he does. Who do you think sold them the photo? wink

/points at Lois’s feet/ IVY says she likes that one.
CLARK: That isn't what I meant!

GEM-Dimension CLARK: Don't knock it, til you try it. evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Clap] on that video. Super cool. I wonder what Clark's powers would be like under a blue sun?
Well, blue Kryptonite made for a very unhappily married Lois during her honeymoon.

LOIS: See, he hasn't even scratched the surface of my anger. [Big Grin]
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, blue Kryptonite made for a very unhappily married Lois during her honeymoon.
Well, that doesn't sound like a good thing.

Hmm…sounds like he read Jenn’s Green Fever.
Haven't read that one either. razz I think that's a bad plan!

That was a fun one!
I aim to please. Although, I've been known to go off-target sometimes. wink blush

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, that doesn't sound like a good thing.
No, it’s good. For us. Lois was [Linked Image]

quote: Hmm…sounds like he read Jenn’s Green Fever.

Haven't read that one either.
It’s just a vignette on the dark side. Light reading after waking up.

And have Lois accidently say "I do" to Luthor? [Razz] I think that's a bad plan!
[Linked Image]

Although, I've been known to go off-target sometimes.
/Watches as Virginia’s moon rocket shoots towards Mars/

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No, it’s good. For us. Lois was [Linked Image]
I meant for Lois. laugh

/Watches as Virginia’s moon rocket shoots towards Mars/
whinging Mars? No, I meant Gotham City instead of Metropolis. Of course, they don't usually appreciate my Batman jokes.

BW<BM>: But we do appreciate all your Superman jokes. [Linked Image]

CLARK: eek Superman jokes?

LOIS: There isn't anything funny about Superman! mad

EW: [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Of course, they don't usually appreciate my Batman jokes.
How many Batmen does it take to crash the Batmobil?

BW<BM>: But we do appreciate all your Superman jokes. -

CLARK: [Eek!] Superman jokes?
How many Supermen does it take to satisfy Lois Lane?

LOIS: There isn't anything funny about Superman! [Mad]

EW: <Disagrees profoundly>
laugh Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
How many Batmen does it take to crash the Batmobil?
None, it drives on autopilot?

LOIS: Concenseus is out on this. As I have yet to be satisfied.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
None, it drives on autopilot?
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

LOIS: Concenseus is out on this. As I have yet to be satisfied.

ER: laugh And a point of great concern to her, one might add.
[Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard