Print Thread
#9010 12/10/03 04:46 AM
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Original way to meet Mayson!! laugh

Jose notworthy

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#9011 12/10/03 07:00 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. razz Don't like Mayson. razz razz

He seems to describe Lois. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#9012 12/10/03 08:49 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Nice part, Yvonne.

The likening the loss of one he hadn't met yet, to the grief over one who died was done very nicely. You have almost all of the Kubler-Ross concepts in there (denial, rageand anger, bargaining,depression and acceptance) Another even closer to what you're using, is the Westberg Model (Shock and Denial, emotions erupt, anger, illness, panic, guilt, depression and loneliness, reentry difficulties, hope, affirming reality) -- check them out if you haven't.

Well, enough of my lecture. The important thing is that, again, you're therapeutic concepts are very professional and appropriate.

Am enjoying this immensely.

Barb.

#9013 12/10/03 09:16 AM
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Mayson Drake? eek
I can't believe it.

gerry

#9014 12/10/03 04:54 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
/me giggles

I'm the only one who approves of Mayson, I gather. [Linked Image] I loved her intro, and she seems to be just what Clark needs right now. Although the fact that he can't/won't tell her about Lois indicates that the relationship is doomed. Poor Mayson. thumbsup Very believable; and great seeing the gradual progress, and the overcoming of each hurdle in turn.

One thing did bother me.
He came to believe that he might never be entirely cured. He’d reach a point where he could manage his addiction, and that was the best that could be hoped for.

George rejected that theory outright, naturally. He was positive, he said, that Clark would make a full recovery and undoubtedly emerge from the experience a stronger, more self-assured man than ever before. That was George’s experience of these things, he said.
I have, thank God, no personal experience with addiction. But this contradicts most "mainstream" thought about recovering addicts/alcoholics, from what I understand.

According to AA, for example, addiction is never cured. An addict or alcoholic is "recovering" for the rest of their life.

Kind of like you never get over the loss of a loved one. You just get better at dealing with their absence.

Not that I think Clark is going to have a relapse. (You wouldn't do that to him, Yvonne, right? I said, RIGHT?) But neither do I think there's such a thing as "fully cured." I think he'll have to be careful to avoid red kryptonite for life -- for entirely different reasons than the non-alt-Clark. wink

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#9015 12/11/03 05:06 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Yvonne,
I'm playing catchup again.
not enough time in the day
great parts -
you always write poignant and thought provoking stories
keep it coming
merry

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek