Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#89868 09/23/12 10:12 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments here, if you please! I should be getting back to my regular Sunday night/Monday morning posting schedule, so hopefully no more delays!!

Of course, now that I've said it, things are bound to go wrong and divert me from that schedule once again... So comment while you can. laugh

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#89869 09/24/12 05:01 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four people is suffering from a mental illness. Look at your 3 best friends. If they're ok, then it's you.”
― Rita Mae Brown
Either that or two of you are married or dating insane men.

Taking that quote and this one:

He could appreciate Bernie's thoroughness, but how perfectly did he need to understand Clark's blood make up? Couldn't he just get some DNA from another method? Or take any other sample that didn't involve needles?
And this one:

Bernie looked more awkward than usual, and immediately alarm bells were going off in Clark's mind. The scientist was wringing his hands and avoiding eye contact.
I've decided that it isn't Lois or Clark who will going insane, but Dr. Klein. <<dum... dum... dummmmm>>

Poor Clark. Poke him with needles, have his wife whom he desires tease him, and not let him do anything about it, then add in creepy phone calls and Jimmy knowing his deepest secrets AND spitting coffee in his face... if Bernie keeps this up, Clark's going to change that statistic to two out of every three people.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#89870 09/24/12 08:19 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I've decided that it isn't Lois or Clark who will going insane, but Dr. Klein. dum... dum... dummmmm
laugh ... maybe... You'd have to be crazy to ask such a feat of Superman. wink

Poor Clark. Poke him with needles, have his wife whom he desires tease him, and not let him do anything about it, then add in creepy phone calls and Jimmy knowing his deepest secrets AND spitting coffee in his face... if Bernie keeps this up, Clark's going to change that statistic to two out of every three people.
True... very true. Things will get worse, do not fear. :p

Thanks for popping by, Virginia!

--Mark Twain
#89871 09/25/12 12:14 AM
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
The phone call combined with Clark seeing something at the end of the previous chapter makes me think that maybe - just maybe - whatever Bernie is doing with the green K is playing games with Clark's brain. If his mind is slowly becoming unhinged, maybe what he heard on the phone isn't what was actually said. Maybe it was a wrong number and his mind is bending out of shape.

And maybe someone is using this opportunity to gaslight him. Maybe Tempus, maybe another newly revealed Luthor offspring, maybe Luthor himself - yet again - and maybe, just maybe, someone is doing this to Clark without knowing anything about Superman. Maybe someone is trying to warn him about Intergang coming after him and the rest is just coincidence.

But I've seen too many episodes of NCIS. I don't believe in coincidences any more. No one can defend against an unseen and unrevealed opponent without appearing to be irrational. Ooo - maybe that's the madness to be revealed, that everyone thinks Clark is going nuts when he's really being stalked.

Chilling tale so far, Mouse. Keep them coming!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#89872 09/25/12 01:42 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I have only two things to say:

You are evil and so is Dr. Klein!

Please don't leave us hanging for weeks on end. School is demanding...but so are we! frown

Great story so far, keep it coming!!!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#89873 09/25/12 07:45 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:
The phone call combined with Clark seeing something at the end of the previous chapter makes me think that maybe - just maybe - whatever Bernie is doing with the green K is playing games with Clark's brain. If his mind is slowly becoming unhinged, maybe what he heard on the phone isn't what was actually said. Maybe it was a wrong number and his mind is bending out of shape.

And maybe someone is using this opportunity to gaslight him. Maybe Tempus, maybe another newly revealed Luthor offspring, maybe Luthor himself - yet again - and maybe, just maybe, someone is doing this to Clark without knowing anything about Superman. Maybe someone is trying to warn him about Intergang coming after him and the rest is just coincidence.

But I've seen too many episodes of NCIS. I don't believe in coincidences any more. No one can defend against an unseen and unrevealed opponent without appearing to be irrational. Ooo - maybe that's the madness to be revealed, that everyone thinks Clark is going nuts when he's really being stalked.

Chilling tale so far, Mouse. Keep them coming!
Thanks, Terry! Glad you're enjoying it so far.

Hmm. Very interesting theories you've got going there... evil Who's to say what's a coincidence and what's not and what's real and what's imagined... I'll never tell. Not till the next few chapters at least. devil

--Mark Twain
#89874 09/25/12 07:48 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Morgana:
I have only two things to say:

You are evil and so is Dr. Klein!

Please don't leave us hanging for weeks on end. School is demanding...but so are we! frown

Great story so far, keep it coming!!!
Thanks! Glad you're liking. If you're just now realizing that I'm evil, then I've been doing a better job covering it up than I thought. evil And don't worry. From now on (barring any unforseen circumstances) I am planning on my regular once-a-week posting schedule, though with work coming up and a new quarter, I might be switching it to a Tuesday night/Wednesday morning thing instead of Sun/Mon. Just for convenience's sake. But not yet. I'll be sure to let you know when/if I do that. smile

Thanks again!

--Mark Twain
#89875 09/30/12 01:47 PM
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
I'm on my second cheese cake.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard