Next Thread
Print Thread
#8982 12/08/03 11:10 AM
BarbP Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Yvonne,

Really nice. George is great -- especially when he didn't give advice. You are so right -- the decisions, choices, problem solving *has* to come from Clark. He has to own the answers. And, it looks like he's beginning to.

He's gaining understanding and most of all strength. George is using a Strengths Perspective and reflecting back Clark's own dichotemies whenever Clark tries to hide -- You're creating a George who is utilizing Clark's assets not his liabilities. Great job!!!!

Can't wait to see how you continue to move Clark toward the ultimate -- the obsolecense of George.

Barb.

#8983 12/08/03 11:22 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
This part was just amazing! thumbsup clap dance dance dance

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#8984 12/08/03 12:47 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Good instalment.

Clark's progress was logical and well developed. Like everyone else, I find George a strong and well drawn character. His humor is the perfect way to force people to confront unpleasant things without taking offense.

I like how George is forcing Clark to realize that even if 'his Lois' showed up there would be no guarentees that she'd be really that different from many of the women that he could be with.

I recall in someone else's fic that altClark had managed to create a fairly stable relationship with a certain assistant DA before she was tragically killed. I wonder if such a woman exits in this world?

Tank (who thinks that if Lois does show up she should just head for Minnesota and not put herself through all the emotional turmoil that would present itself in a relationship with a Superman)

#8985 12/08/03 02:59 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. help

Maybe Lois will appear with amnesia. blush

OK. I keep my hope up. grumble

George laughed. “You know, what? I think you’re lazy. And a coward. It’s easier to live your lonely, miserable life wishing Lois were here than it is to get off your butt and take a few risks.”

“That’s not true. I don’t get off my butt, as you put it, because I know I can’t love anyone else.”
Do something!! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#8986 12/08/03 07:30 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I really love this. Makes me think how you know all this stuff so closely, Yvonne. smile I really love George's sarcasm and how Clark feels comfortable talking to him and even making remarks about how he's being obnoxious.

(for the purpose of not confusing myself or others with what I am trying to say, I'll refer to the other universe's characters as alt-Clark and alt-Lois)
I don't know if I agree with the whole 'My Lois, his Lois' business. I mean, Clark would never settle for an alt-Lois, because it's a different person, right? So why would alt-Clark settle for someone other than the one he fell for? Do you see what I'm saying? Because alt-Clark fell for Lois, and even though his soul mate is alt-Lois, I can question two thing: would he feel the same way about alt-Lois if it's not the same person he fell for in the first place, and if his soulmate is alt-Lois, how come he fell for the other one?

Anyway, if this confuses you, (and if I seem to repeat myself) remember it's really late here, when I'm writing this. smile

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#8987 12/09/03 02:22 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Well done with Lana!!! razz

George character is a good point in the story, Yvonne... best supporting Role!!! wink

He's asking to date another women.... Mayson? evil

Jose peep

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#8988 12/10/03 03:34 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry, I just don't have time at the moment to respond to your very welcome feedback - just got time to post the next section. Be back later. smile

Yvonne

#8989 12/11/03 02:45 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, I'm back. smile

Barb, as I said before, I very much appreciate your feedback as a professional in this area. It's very reassuring to know I'm not getting it all completely wrong. And your phrase 'the obscelence of George' really helped me focus on what's important in this fic. I can't emphasise that one enough. smile

And Clark going back and confronting Lana was great. It's not so much what he said, as that he chose to confront her, on his terms this time.
Rivka, that's exactly what I wanted to convey. smile smile

Where did curmudgeonly Tank go? That was almost all compliment. And I'd just like to say that I wrote part 6 before your comment about assistant DAs. wink

Maria, you've been peeking in my hard drive, haven't you?

Julie, I understand exactly what you're saying, and believe, me, I'm struggling with the same issues.

Jose, see my comment to Tank <g>.

Thanks! smile

Yvonne

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard