Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#89790 09/21/12 06:15 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Expect updates once a week, as this one is still being beta'd.

Thoughts? peep

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#89791 09/21/12 07:37 PM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I have always wondered about this concept. I like how you seem to have made Trask a bit more sympathetic character. I have one story in the works where a alt- universe Clark is raised by the government and becomes one of the worst people in that world (it's basically the anti- universe to the primary one.). I'm looking forward to this story (the thing I mentioned won't be in my story as it's just the backstory for his character.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#89792 09/21/12 07:54 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Christina:
I have always wondered about this concept. I like how you seem to have made Trask a bit more sympathetic character. I have one story in the works where a alt- universe Clark is raised by the government and becomes one of the worst people in that world (it's basically the anti- universe to the primary one.). I'm looking forward to this story (the thing I mentioned won't be in my story as it's just the backstory for his character.)
Hi, Christina! wave

So glad you're enjoying it so far. Trask isn't much of a sympathetic character. I just wanted to flesh him out a bit to explain some of his motives/insanity. Which, in turn, may or may not rub off on Jason Trask. wink Trask will definitely *want* Clark to become one of the worst people. However, I will spoil nothing! laugh

Yours sounds interesting too! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#89793 09/21/12 08:00 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooh. You've got me on the edge of my seat already. I was wondering at first who Cameron was, but when it was mentioned he was a "Trask" and he has a son, I figured he must be Jason Trask's dad. Scary. Clark and Trask raised by the same man, even possibly as brothers. (Although doubtful, being that this Cameron guy plans of controlling Clark and making him a super solider.)

I personally have little sympathy for this Cameron character being that he had both a girlfriend and wife at basically the same time. It's always possible that Tempus was behind the trial of Cameron Trask and made both this man and Jason into the men that they became. I personally could see him being guilty of the crime and not consider himself guilty since sex back then was a man's perogative, and since it usually wasn't considered rape if they were dating. (We've come a long way in the last 50 years.)

Tempus, as usual, is being evil. A hug for Martha and Jonathan for being there for Clark, if only too late. I didn't expect to see them because in "Tempus Fugitive" it is revealed that Kal-El's ship actually landed in the afternoon. But different dimension, different landing time. Always possible.

I hope Lois, Martha, and/or Jonathan are there for Clark later on when he'll clearly need them again. Hugs for baby Clark. mecry

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#89794 09/21/12 08:47 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Aw! Baby Clark, no!! Why can't you already have super strength like in Superman: The Movie?? Bust Tempus' nose or something...

hyper I love it and can't wait for more!!!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#89795 09/22/12 12:12 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Adolescent rebellion ought to be interesting... not to mention the effect on Jason of having an alien younger brother.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#89796 09/22/12 05:45 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooh. You've got me on the edge of my seat already. I was wondering at first who Cameron was, but when it was mentioned he was a "Trask" and he has a son, I figured he must be Jason Trask's dad. Scary. Clark and Trask raised by the same man, even possibly as brothers. (Although doubtful, being that this Cameron guy plans of controlling Clark and making him a super solider.)
Yes, Cameron is indeed, Trask Sr. Clark and Jason will be raised by the same man, though "raised" has a completely different meaning when it comes to Clark. As brothers? Surely not! smile

I personally have little sympathy for this Cameron character being that he had both a girlfriend and wife at basically the same time. It's always possible that Tempus was behind the trial of Cameron Trask and made both this man and Jason into the men that they became. I personally could see him being guilty of the crime and not consider himself guilty since sex back then was a man's perogative, and since it usually wasn't considered rape if they were dating. (We've come a long way in the last 50 years.)
I actually hadn't meant for it to seem like Cameron was cheating on his wife. I meant the ex-girlfriend as someone he dated before he met and married his wife. Thanks for pointing it out though. I may have to fix that in the archive prep. And he actually *didn't* rape the woman. But the accusation and fact that no one believed him is what drove Cameron over the edge.

Tempus, as usual, is being evil. A hug for Martha and Jonathan for being there for Clark, if only too late. I didn't expect to see them because in "Tempus Fugitive" it is revealed that Kal-El's ship actually landed in the afternoon. But different dimension, different landing time. Always possible.
Yup. Different dimension, different circumstances. Like in this dimension, there is no appearance of Zara and Ching later on down the line. smile He really *is* the Last Son of Krypton here.

I hope Lois, Martha, and/or Jonathan are there for Clark later on when he'll clearly need them again. Hugs for baby Clark.
Not saying a word here to prove or disprove who might creep up in this story.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#89797 09/22/12 05:48 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Mouse! wave

Aw! Baby Clark, no!! Why can't you already have super strength like in Superman: The Movie?? Bust Tempus' nose or something...
Because that would make for a short fic and a *lot* less drama? laugh

Yay!! New fic! I've been waiting for this one (you've led me on with so many rumors) and I'm ecstatic with so much new material to read!!
Happy to oblige! I finally have enough beta'd material to start posting. And this time, I actually waited until I wrote the whole long fic (unlike Contractually Bound) to get the whole process started!

SOOOOO many questions! Will Clark be raised as Trask's son? (In which case, does that mean Jason was also sort of raised as a soldier instead of a child? Would explain a lot...) Are the Kents going to be making a reappearance? Is Tempus? This is going to be *so* sick and twisted!! I love it and can't wait for more!!!
Son? No. Not even close. Kents...not saying. Tempus...is never content with leaving things alone.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#89798 09/22/12 05:49 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
Adolescent rebellion ought to be interesting... not to mention the effect on Jason of having an alien younger brother.
Well, to be fair, Clark will *not* be his younger brother. smile But his presence *will* influence some of the decisions Jason makes. Thanks for stopping in, Marcus! wave

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#89799 09/22/12 05:37 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I did assume that we were meant to assume that Cameron would be innocent of the charges by current, early 21st century interpretation of the accusation.

On the "was he cheating on his wife" issue, I assumed that the fact she was a former girlfriend meant she was pre-marriage. However, it would probably be good to make it clearer, maybe suggest at the time he had not been married very long.

I guess part of it is I assumed we were getting to see the start of why Trask was disturbed, not just the views of a disturbed man.

I guess the issue is at some level I assume people start of more or less good, at least not deeply evil, and that something pushes them over the edge.

I assume we will see Lois at some point because it can't be Lois and Clark fan fic without both Lois and Clark in it, now can it?

John Pack Lambert
#89800 09/22/12 07:39 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I did assume that we were meant to assume that Cameron would be innocent of the charges by current, early 21st century interpretation of the accusation.

On the "was he cheating on his wife" issue, I assumed that the fact she was a former girlfriend meant she was pre-marriage. However, it would probably be good to make it clearer, maybe suggest at the time he had not been married very long.

I guess part of it is I assumed we were getting to see the start of why Trask was disturbed, not just the views of a disturbed man.

I guess the issue is at some level I assume people start of more or less good, at least not deeply evil, and that something pushes them over the edge.

I assume we will see Lois at some point because it can't be Lois and Clark fan fic without both Lois and Clark in it, now can it?
Hi John! wave

Yes, we'll get sort of a peak into why Trask is such a lunatic. His father isn't much better. laugh

Trask Sr. actually has been married a while. I went with Jason being a little bit older than Clark. Clark is twelve when Jason is in college. I purposely left it vague if Cameron was cheating or not - you can draw your own conclusion if he was cheating or if the woman in question was just a wackjob. smile

Lois will definitely be in this, just a while down the road. smile The beginning is all Clark's life. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#89801 09/22/12 09:42 PM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi, DC

One part and I'm already addicted : now, I'm looking forward to the next chapter! It's a wonderful story. wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
#89802 09/23/12 05:46 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Summary: What if Jonathan and Martha Kent were not the ones to find the infant Kal-El? Just how much of life is chance? And how much is fate?
Oooooh!

"Positive. You know, Cameron, I wouldn't have come to you if I'd known how galactically stupid you are. Now, shut up would you?"
So, Tempus, and…?

He'd dedicated his life to proving the existence of alien life-forms.
Hmm…either a random nutjob or Trask Sr. Or Trask’s superior?

Nestled within the ship would be an infant boy, a child sent to Earth to escape the explosion that had torn his home world of Krypton apart. Kal-El, Tempus had called the child. The boy would possess all the parts of a human male, would appear no different from Cameron's own son had, when he had been an infant.
That’s all quite convenient. Cameron really is a tad unhinged. Also, ‘infant son’ aka Jason?

The ex-Sergeant-Major allowed himself a tight smile as he thought of having such a powerful being under his control, and his control only.
Oh boy. He *is* certifiable.

And then, he'd take his revenge on the bitch who'd caused all the trouble to begin with.
What the…

Then, out of the blue, he'd been accused by his ex-girlfriend of rape. Though he hadn't actually committed the heinous act, the court-martial had believed the woman.
Huh. Did she wait years to come forward? And what prove did she have that the boy’s club actually took her seriously? Or did she claim it was a recent event? Was she actually raped by Tempus disguised as Cameron? Or did Tempus simply implant a false memory?

Only his wife had stuck by him;
So, she came forth after he got married? Or was she an extra-marital activity and his wife simply decided that a man needs what a man’s needs are?

A moment later, a flash of fire appeared in the endless, dark abyss of the sky, blotting out the expanse of stars in its brilliance.
So, is this an alternate universe, one where Tempus did not show up during Tempus Anyone?

He looked exactly the same as Cameron's own son had, when he'd been about two months old.
I just had a thought. Will Clark one day take a discarded toy from his older brother who will then push Clark’s head into the open fireplace of their living room until the younger boy’s face is slightly charred on one side?

"Are you sure he's...safe?" Cameron asked. He was a tad fearful of handling the child after Tempus had told him of the strength the baby would possess.

"Absolutely. For God's sake, Cameron, he's just a baby.
At least, until he delivers an alien charge into his underwear.

"Radioactive pieces of the baby's home world," the man from the future explained. "Temporary exposure will cause that thing pain.
Why is tempus calling him a ‘thing’? Is that just for show, to set Cameron’s mind into the correct state?

Tempus hadn't shown any emotion, positive or negative, toward the impending arrival of the baby until now. But now, it seemed that he loathed the boy.
Kryptonite side-effects?

"Sergeant-Major Cameron Trask of the United States Armed Forces," he said. "And this area is off limits to civilians."
That’s leaving quite a paper trail.

"Bureau Thirty-Nine," Cameron answered at once, wondering where that idea had come from.
Oooooh!

Cameron could see now, thanks to the moonlight, the man's features. He was no more than a simple farmer, judging from the clothes he wore.
They’re educated. And they’ve marched in the civil liberties’ movement.

"Took you long enough," Tempus said, pushing the child into Cameron's arms again with disgust. "I am not a baby-sitter."
So, Unca Tempo isn’t going to come babysit when the parents want to go out on a date?

Tempus' smile went from ear to ear. "No one important," he chuckled. "You don't need to worry about them at all."
Oh boy.

He could hardly wait to start the process of making the child into his own, personal super soldier.

To Be Continued...
Oh boy.

Expect updates once a week, as this one is still being beta'd.
hyper
Great start, Vicki!
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#89803 09/23/12 08:28 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
Hi, DC

One part and I'm already addicted : now, I'm looking forward to the next chapter! It's a wonderful story. wave
Hiya, Sydney! wave

Oooh, yay! So glad to make you an addict! laugh Expect more on Thursday or Friday. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#89804 09/23/12 08:37 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael is here! hyper

Oooooh!
laugh

Hmm…either a random nutjob or Trask Sr. Or Trask’s superior?
Yup. Senior Trask.

That’s all quite convenient. Cameron really is a tad unhinged. Also, ‘infant son’ aka Jason?
Cameron - completely off the deep end. Son - Jason. <nods> But Jason is a number of years older. He's in college when Clark is a preteen.

Oh boy. He *is* certifiable.
<nods, hands over brochure on lovely place with padded walls>

Huh. Did she wait years to come forward? And what prove did she have that the boy’s club actually took her seriously? Or did she claim it was a recent event? Was she actually raped by Tempus disguised as Cameron? Or did Tempus simply implant a false memory?
Hmmm...I really *am* going to have to polish this before the archive. I was thinking so out of the blue said he did it recently (recently at the time, I'm thinking he's been out a few years at least).

So, she came forth after he got married? Or was she an extra-marital activity and his wife simply decided that a man needs what a man’s needs are?
Didn't believe the allegations.

So, is this an alternate universe, one where Tempus did not show up during Tempus Anyone?
Yup. Totally an A/U.

I just had a thought. Will Clark one day take a discarded toy from his older brother who will then push Clark’s head into the open fireplace of their living room until the younger boy’s face is slightly charred on one side?
Then he will wear a dog's head helm for the rest of his days.

At least, until he delivers an alien charge into his underwear.
<whistles innocently>

Why is tempus calling him a ‘thing’? Is that just for show, to set Cameron’s mind into the correct state?
Two-fold. 1) He loathes Clark for creating utopia and doesn't want to refer to him as a man. 2) Reinforcing/conditioning Cameron.

Kryptonite side-effects?
Not really. smile

That’s leaving quite a paper trail.
I *do* have a reason for it! I swear!

They’re educated. And they’ve marched in the civil liberties’ movement.
Yup. But Trask doesn't know that.

So, Unca Tempo isn’t going to come babysit when the parents want to go out on a date?
Nope. He'll convienantly be out of the diamension.

Oh boy.
laugh

Great start, Vicki!
Thanks, Michael! wave

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#89805 09/24/12 09:47 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmmm...I really *am* going to have to polish this before the archive. I was thinking so out of the blue said he did it recently (recently at the time, I'm thinking he's been out a few years at least).
blush blush blush

Then he will wear a dog's head helm for the rest of his days.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#89806 09/24/12 06:05 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great start! It's always a winner when you can summarize the fic in one sentence:

"What if it wasn't M&J who discovered Clark?"

And then you chillingly explored this premise.

Post more soon!

#89807 09/24/12 07:35 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That will be fun when the Mad Dogs meet.
clap

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#89808 09/24/12 07:38 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
Great start! It's always a winner when you can summarize the fic in one sentence:

"What if it wasn't M&J who discovered Clark?"

And then you chillingly explored this premise.

Post more soon!
Thanks so much, Io! I wish I could do more than once a week, but I only have 10 of the 18 chapters beta'd. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#89809 09/27/12 02:26 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Did I mention how much I detest my job, especially when there is such a wealth of good fics to read? Sigh.

Anyhow, when I get on the plane, I'll start catching up on this story. So far, so great!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard