Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/hands Virginia emergency chocolate/
Thanks. Is this to make me feel better or to get my fingers to move faster?

/looks very skeptical/
clap

CLARK: /appears sheepish/

BATMAN: /dances tango/
CLARK: Go back to Gotham. She got it wrong.

Not like in Me, Myself & Irene.
Thankfully, I've forgotten more of that movie than what I remember.

/nods/ She wants all details.
LUCY: Ewww. Why would I want to watch a movie of my sister sleeping. That's creepy and boring.

Well, they’re a TMI family?
Kind of like Meg Ryan's family in "Sleepless in Seattle"? Well, with her mother a nurse and her father a doctor, I'm not surprised. Hmmmm. I bet Lucy would make a great massage therapist.

Nope.
It goes like: Dividable by 400, leap year. Dividable by 100, no leap year. Dividable by 4, leap year.
clap

CLARK: I'm okay with extra bursts of energy. [Linked Image]

Or when he wants to know about having reached the finish line.
If he doesn't know without checking his notes, let's just say it's a 'no'.

No? Huh. Naughty Lex.
LEX: Why, yes, that *is* what I offered. <<dramatic sigh>> but she says she doesn't eat dessert.

That way he shows her that he’s not a pushover.
Or remind her of Ralph from Another Lois?

/whispers/ Lana recently bought two bowling ball bags.
CLARK: [Linked Image] There's my problem. I left them over in the other dimension.

Yeah, but the phrasing was.
Sorry, it was only a thought.

You mean, comped by the house?
LEX: Anyway I can have her thank you. As long as Superman gets a copy of the video of her moaning my name afterward.

FDK where I mentioned Clark getting her a bouquet of roses for their anniversary.
Oh. Right. Well, Clark can't do that now, without seeming to be copying Lex, now can he?

Since he knows it’s her birthday. Duh! Why would he not set that one up *way* in advance.
[Linked Image]

Oh, I did wonder. But I figured you'd double-joke and make Jester his real middle name, just to mix things up in Alt-land.
Martha and Jonathan have a sense of humor, but not THAT big.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Under the Gregorian calendar only years that are 100 years divisible by 400 are leap years. Thus 2000 was a leap year, but 1800 and 1900 were not. In the English colonies in North America 1700 was a leap year because they were still using the Julian Calendar, but in New Mexico it was not a leap year because they were using the Gregorian Calendar, being good Catholics and all.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Under the Gregorian calendar only years that are 100 years divisible by 400 are leap years. Thus 2000 was a leap year, but 1800 and 1900 were not. In the English colonies in North America 1700 was a leap year because they were still using the Julian Calendar, but in New Mexico it was not a leap year because they were using the Gregorian Calendar, being good Catholics and all.
Oh, dear, wouldn't that mean that the poor people of New Mexico are off by one day from the rest of us? How sad. wink

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
quote: /hands Virginia emergency chocolate/

Thanks. Is this to make me feel better or to get my fingers to move faster?
To take the edge of. And make you less sympathetic to Clark’s and Lois’s plights.

quote: Not like in Me, Myself & Irene.

Thankfully, I've forgotten more of that movie than what I remember.
Seen it once. Lots of random details still stuck in the form of abstract notions.

LUCY: Ewww. Why would I want to watch a movie of my sister sleeping. That's creepy and boring.
[Linked Image] She’d have Clark with her and would be breaking her own rules about approved activities.

I bet Lucy would make a great massage therapist.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
To take the edge of. And make you less sympathetic to Clark’s and Lois’s plights.
You confuse me. Less sympathetic? Do you not want me to get them together? Are you of the ghost Clark camp? wink

She’d have Clark with her and would be breaking her own rules about approved activities.
LUCY: Nope, on the video she sent me, Lois was alone in her bed asleep. Why would I want to watch that?

So, he should paint himself in chocolate?
Sorry, not in this story.

/whispers/ Not even when she’s alone at home.
LEX: Well, there was a reason for the video surrvalience.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You confuse me. Less sympathetic? Do you not want me to get them together? Are you of the ghost Clark camp?
No. /gets more popcorn/ [Linked Image]

LUCY: Nope, on the video she sent me, Lois was alone in her bed asleep. Why would I want to watch that?
CLARK: wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No. /gets more popcorn/
Oh, so you want more loop-de-loops. Gotcha. Take your motion-sickness pills because I just prepped Part 47. evil

Speaking of which, I really should finish this story arc and move on to the next one... Back to work on part 57...

CLARK: /puts away tape into licked box inside hidden Superman suits compartment.
I love that comic. Adam keeps his suits in the same place as Clark. <face palm> At least he's got security installed.

CLARK: I don't keep videotapes, anyway. It's a rule in the manuel.

Rule #31 - Failing that, make sure all original photographs and evidence of said nookie is destroyed immediately. Saving it in a little box in your bedroom may not be enough.
- Videotapes are also out!
CLARK: I wonder how Lois knew about those videotapes. wink

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
because I just prepped Part 47.
hyper

I love that comic. Adam keeps his suits in the same place as Clark. <face palm> At least he's got security installed.
Adam? Oh, you mean Mark. Also, the creator modeled LnC after LnC.

CLARK: I don't keep videotapes, anyway. It's a rule in the manuel.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Adam? Oh, you mean Mark. Also, the creator modeled LnC after LnC.
Sorry, blush I was running out the door when I wrote that.

Those only concern when he’s in the cape.
Because he *never* floats out of the cape.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/appears unconvinced/

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
/appears unconvinced/

wave Michael
Oh, so you think that Lana broke him of the habit of floating while happy. Got it.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, so you think that Lana broke him of the habit of floating while happy. Got it.
/rereads it all again/ [Linked Image] Those were sarcasm asterisks, not *emphasis* asterisks? Oh my. blush

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/rereads it all again/ [Linked Image] Those were sarcasm asterisks, not *emphasis* asterisks? Oh my. blush
You *don't* emphasize sarcasim? laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You *don't* emphasize sarcasim?
/refuses to comment/

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You *don't* emphasize sarcasim?
/refuses to comment/

wave Michael
blush Sorry, Michael, that was universal "you" not specific "you".

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
*G*

wave Michael

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Clark is not alone in having an impossible Feb. 29th birthday. I recently came across a death certifiacte that gave the birth date of the person as Feb. 29, 1875.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
A chef approached the table, rolling a tablecloth-covered cart. On it was a large mixing bowl, a whisk, a ladle, and a tall container metal container. The chef smiled at Lois. “Chocolate ice cream?”
I think you just want to say "a tall metal container."

The steam dissipated and chef tilted the large bowl of ice cream towards her for her to examine. He took a teaspoon full of it and handed it to her. She stuck it into her mouth and moaned.
I think you want to say "the chef".

Clark took the paper and scanned the article. The woman’s body found in the woods, fifteen miles outside the Gotham City’s limits at the end of August, has been identified as missing Metropolis resident, Monique Kahn. He set lowered the paper. “That name sounds familiar.”
Two things. Firs generally it would be Gotham City limits, you usually don't directly make it possessive. Also I think it should probably be "He lowered the paper" or "he set down the paper."

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Clark is not alone in having an impossible Feb. 29th birthday. I recently came across a death certifiacte that gave the birth date of the person as Feb. 29, 1875.
Interesting. Yep. Odd year, not a leap year. Hmmmm. I wonder if Tempus or Herb Wells was involved. wink

I think you just want to say "a tall metal container."
Thanks. Fixed.

I think you want to say "the chef".
I did. Thanks. Fixed.

VirginiaR.
---
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard