Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I would like to get a least a few pages into Part 54 tonight.
smile1 /does mental calculation and decides to keep very quiet about the result/

CAT: There's always me!
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/does mental calculation and decides to keep very quiet about the result/
Sadly, I was only able to type in what I wrote in my notebook yesterday. frown Hopefully, I'll be able to stay awake longer tonight. I got a better night's sleep last night.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sadly, I was only able to type in what I wrote in my notebook yesterday.
Oh dear shock Then again, it could be worse…

peep Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Sadly, I was only able to type in what I wrote in my notebook yesterday.
Oh dear shock Then again, it could be worse…

peep Michael
[Linked Image] Actually, it was almost worse. I almost deleted everything I wrote this week and started over. But after another (awake) read-through, I think I'll keep it. I'll let the Betas decide if my tangents are slowing down the plot too much.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I almost deleted everything I wrote this week and started over.
shock

But after another (awake) read-through, I think I'll keep it.
*whew* /recommends a keyboard with a removed delete-key during the night hours.

I'll let the Betas decide if my tangents are slowing down the plot too much.
BETAs: confused What tangents?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
*whew* /recommends a keyboard with a removed delete-key during the night hours.
clap Actually, I had been thinking about it while trying to sleep (after turning off computer), but then accepted it when I read it in the morning. Speaking of which, I really need to send that part over to my Betas. They haven't gotten a new piece all week.

BETAs: What tangents?
There's A-Plot = What's happening around Lois and Clark. (canon storyline). There's B-Plot = What's happening in Lois and Clark's relationship. And then there's C-Plot = Alt-Clark's Backstory. Tangents would fall under C-Plot. But don't worry, I get back to A-Plot by the end of the Part. We haven't done much C-Plotting recently, so I had some stuff to make up for. evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Speaking of which, I really need to send that part over to my Betas. They haven't gotten a new piece all week.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That’s no way to treat a Beta.
I agree, but I had house guests and very little writing time this week. frown Good news, I'm already half-way done with Part 55. smile1 So, without too much distractions (I'm either coming down with a cold or fall allergies have finally kicked in) I should have another one for them soon.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, without too much distractions (I'm either coming down with a cold or fall allergies have finally kicked in) I should have another one for them soon.
Oh dear! [Linked Image]

wave Michael

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“Yes, I know that by allowing my true feelings for her to shine through while I was in the Suit was wrong, but I was unable to hide them from her, no matter how much I tried. I don’t know how that other Clark from your dimension was able to keep it secret from her for so long.”
I think it should just be "that allowing". The "by" sets up a line like "I am undermining my chances with her as Clark" but he never says anything like that.

On another note it is ironic that Clark thinks canon Clark kept his feelings "secret from her", when in fact canon Clark kissed Lois as SM, danced with Lois as SM and generally romanced her more as SM before she knew the truth more than this Clark has done so far.

“I don’t understand,” Wells said. “How can you have a relationship with Ms. Lane without telling her that you’re Superman?”
Hey Canon Clark even proposed to her before telling her. Anyway Wells seems to be really out of it. Lois and Clark had already dated when he first met them, and he does know that Clark had not yet told Lois that he was SM. It almost seems that Wells is trying to put stumbling blocks in Clark's way that he knows never existed for canon Clark.

I guess he does then admit that canon Clark did the same thing. Still, I don't think it would make any sense for Clark to have told Lois super early. This is a big secret that needs a high threshold for telling, and being in love with a person is not a high enough threshold.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Those are just a few times I’ve been wrong lately, Clark. So, why couldn’t I possibly wrong about Superman too?
I think that should be "possibly be wrong".

I will now run for cover since I dared post statements claiming Lois was wrong, even if they are her words.

While I do enjoy the different flavors of many foods, rotten tomatoes are not among them, nor is it not necessary for me to consume food to survive on your planet as I get my energy from sunlight.”
You don't need the "not" since he said "nor", so it is already a negative statement.

As you all know by now, I did fight at the same time, three of Menken Gym’s other cyborgs boxers that evening.
I think it should just be "cyborg boxers".

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I think it should just be "that allowing". The "by" sets up a line like "I am undermining my chances with her as Clark" but he never says anything like that.
You know, that line always felt off to me, but I could never pinpoint why. Thanks! Problem solved.

On another note it is ironic that Clark thinks canon Clark kept his feelings "secret from her", when in fact canon Clark kissed Lois as SM, danced with Lois as SM and generally romanced her more as SM before she knew the truth more than this Clark has done so far.
Yes, Clark makes many assumptions (many untrue) about canon Clark and Lois's relationship. evil

“I don’t understand,” Wells said. “How can you have a relationship with Ms. Lane without telling her that you’re Superman?”

JOHN: Hey Canon Clark even proposed to her before telling her. Anyway Wells seems to be really out of it. Lois and Clark had already dated when he first met them, and he does know that Clark had not yet told Lois that he was SM. It almost seems that Wells is trying to put stumbling blocks in Clark's way that he knows never existed for canon Clark.

I guess he does then admit that canon Clark did the same thing. Still, I don't think it would make any sense for Clark to have told Lois super early. This is a big secret that needs a high threshold for telling, and being in love with a person is not a high enough threshold.
Says the man begging me every part "Just tell her already!" laugh

Just because Herb knows that canon Clark didn't tell Lois, doesn't mean he understands the logic behind his actions.

I think that should be "possibly be wrong".
Yep, you're right again! Thanks.

I will now run for cover since I dared post statements claiming Lois was wrong, even if they are her words.
LOIS: Liar! I didn't say that. It was taken out of context! Those aren't... oh, yeah, that's right. I was using reverse psychology on Clark. It worked too, didn't it? laugh

You don't need the "not" since he said "nor", so it is already a negative statement.
No? peep Just joking. Thanks.

I think it should just be "cyborg boxers".
Yeah, a little too many plurals there. Thanks.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
One by one the flags vanished from sight: England, Botswana, Antarctica, Australia, Japan, and Colombia.
There is a slight problem with this. Antartica does not have a flag really. In 2002 an international group adpted a flag for Antartica, but there really was no flag for it back in 1993. You are probably going to tell me to "shut up and go with the work of cition", but I wanted to point out this issue.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
One by one the flags vanished from sight: England, Botswana, Antarctica, Australia, Japan, and Colombia.
There is a slight problem with this. Antartica does not have a flag really. In 2002 an international group adpted a flag for Antartica, but there really was no flag for it back in 1993. You are probably going to tell me to "shut up and go with the work of cition", but I wanted to point out this issue.
There is always the possibility that because of no Clark in this dimension from 1966-early 1993 Antarctica meant that a flag was developed earlier. wink The flags represented where the S.T.A.R. Lab facilities were located, not necessarily the "country" of origin. While most of the flags were national ones, it does not preclude the Antarctica lab from having a non-nationalized flag.

NATIONAL WHISPER: Superman's a Fraud, because Antarctica doesn't have a Flag!

VirginiaR.
---
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard