Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8939 12/07/03 03:47 AM
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I hope everyone is bundled up ... we're hitting the slopes! And with this part, we're also moving to an every other day posting schedule ... see you Tuesday!

All comments much appreciated.

Kathy smile

G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Is that what it's like to go skiing? What have I been waiting for all those years?

Kathy, I couldn't find one line here that I might have suggested because I don't know anything about skiing except that it happens on snow, in mountains, in the cold and that there are some really nice ski chalets around with warm fires and nice warm drinks.

So the credit for this lovely section (and probably the next since they have to get downhill--according to Newton's Laws anyway) all goes to you.

gerry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
sweet and waffy and I *love* Lois's way of helping Clark with his claustrophobia <g> And now I'm hungry for french toast!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Very clever and devious, oh great and gifted writer. You ply the gentle readers with all this waff and cute banter. You lull them into that warm glow of contentment. That all is right in the world of Lois and Clark. What a perfect set up... for the big WHAM!

I wonder who skies off the edge of the cliff first. Lois? then Clark has to blow his secret in order to try and save her. Or maybe Clark, in his inexperience clumsily goes over the edge and Lois thinks that he's killed. No Hamilton to put him back together this time.

Waiting with gleeful anticipation for the nasty whams to commence.

Tank (who knows that Kathy wouldn't let him down with just more happy, happy waffy junk)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

Lois just grinned. "Still nervous about the lift?"

With a broad smile, Clark let go of the railing and got his skis in position to meet the snow at the top of the hill.

"For the first time in my life, Lois, I'm actually looking forward to the next ride!"
He is delaying to tell Lois the truth. mad

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is sooooo good! Don't listen to Tank! We don't need no stinkin' A plot! goofy laugh

Jen
(who's feeling even colder than she was after reading about snow...)

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Used to go skiing with my husband (well him skiing, me waiting in the hot tub for his return) Hmmmmm, maybe I should have actually gone skiing with him if that's what it was like. But the hot tub was great, too. And, am expecting nothing less than that when the two hit the tub.

Unless you *are* going to let the A plot hold them up a bit. That's okay if it makes the return to the room better.

Barb.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
If she keeps avoiding to talk about Superman whenever Clark brings up the subject I wonder if he'll ever find the courage to come right out and just tell her!

When they were in bed together, did he keep his glasses on, all the time? Wouldn't she recognize Superman, so up close and personal? confused

Love the ski stories and the way Lois helps Clark to get to the top. wink

Ursie

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
OK, playgroup's over and so is lunch, so now I get a few minutes to respond to your generous comments. smile

Maria said:
He is delaying to tell Lois the truth.
Oh, wow, and with the steaming mad face, too! Yes, you're right, he is ... but that's not totally his fault. He keeps trying, really he does! She just has other ideas. smile

As Ursie says:
If she keeps avoiding to talk about Superman whenever Clark brings up the subject I wonder if he'll ever find the courage to come right out and just tell her!
She's sure making it hard, isn't she!

When they were in bed together, did he keep his glasses on, all the time? Wouldn't she recognize Superman, so up close and personal?
Hmm, good question. My intent was that he didn't take his glasses off until the lights were turned out -- remember, she says they cuddled and talked late into the night in the dark. She might be able to see him, a little, as her eyes adjusted, but not enough to really associate him with Superman, especially if his hair is mussed, etc. And the reason it wasn't mentioned specifically about him taking them off is because we were in Lois's POV for this scene and she didn't find it odd that he wouldn't take them off until they were all ready for bed, so it's not anything she'd dwell on. Does that work for you?

This is sooooo good! We don't need no stinkin' A plot!
LOL, Jen! Glad to hear it. laugh And if it's lack of a-plot you like, hopefully you'll enjoy the rest of the story since there ain't one anywhere to be seen in this one. goofy

Thanks everyone! I'm glad you're reading and I appreciate the comments very much. smile

Kathy

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard