Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
CLARK: What? I was supposed to read between the lines?
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It really was all very undignified.
EW: I think what Lois was saying was that they haven't yet made their appearance in this fic (if they do at all).

Probably before. But he had taken an effort to empty two cups of coffee into his morning whisky that day.
He must be one of the board of director's nephews, because otherwise I can't see Perry hiring him.

No-no, the copy is fine. But the slut-tutoring. That might be helpful.
clap My apologies. I only tutor in adding commas everywhere (why my Betas are the best due to their paitence with me). Other types of sluty behavior I refer over to Cat's... expertice, shall we say.

Yeah yeah yeah. Then why has he been in a profession where they have bulky, sweaty men and steam rooms?
MENKEN's GHOST: No, no! I just like to see guys slug it out. That's all.

Awwwww… she’s adorable! /takes great care to *not* pet her head.
clap Always recommended.

Although, she might want to think about their kids and their prospects. With Lois’s genes having to pick up the slack, they’ll be happy if they graduate with honors from the lesser Ivy League schools.
LOIS: Michael, Clark isn't smart-impared, he's experience-impared. <<cough>> Naive.

Yeah, but wouldn’t the cream be counterproductive to the laser beam? Either that or it might make a huge mess in the bathroom every time.
[Linked Image] Yeah, that could end up being kind of messy, but he had to teach himself and everyone else uses shaving cream... rotflol

And yet, she is still cold. At least from where Clark’s coming
CLARK: Well, I have to do it, so she doesn't see me... so, it's mostly in the back.

Wouldn’t that be the ultimate Tank ending?
Would it?

Well, she did get pregnant a lot of times when she barely knew Clark. She even got pregnant once when they’ve been best friends. Actually, there’s several of those scenarios.
Wow, Clark, that's some pretty powerful aura you got there. jawdrop Lois getting pregnant just from hanging out with you.

CLARK: What? thud No! Where's the fun in that?

LOIS: You and me, bub!

So, great body with well-rounded corners, fits great into your hand, but would have a black soul? Okay, that *is* comparable. Luckily, they’re not compatible.
LOIS: <<wryly>> Yeah, my body rejected *that* soul. <<thinks a minute>> Does Cat even have a soul?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
EW: I think what Lois was saying was that they haven't yet made their appearance in this fic (if they do at all).
Oops. My bad. Thought it just happened hush-hush off screen so as to not get Lex Luthor all queasy.

He must be one of the board of director's nephews, because otherwise I can't see Perry hiring him.
It’s all in who your father’s sleeping with.

Other types of sluty behavior I refer over to Cat's... expertice, shall we say.
Oh, *that’s* why Lois is all talk and no show with Clark on the dark side.

MENKEN's GHOST: No, no! I just like to see guys slug it out. That's all.
Okay. If the evil bad guy say’s so…

LOIS: Michael, Clark isn't smart-impared, he's experience-impared. <<cough>> Naive.
Oh. My bad.

Yeah, that could end up being kind of messy, but he had to teach himself and everyone else uses shaving cream...
laugh No wonder he got kicked out of so many foster families in his teens. Always got the bathroom all sticky with the white cream spraying everywhere [Linked Image]

CLARK: Well, I have to do it, so she doesn't see me... so, it's mostly in the back.
There was once a story where Lois developed - and died from – backside heatvisioning.

Would it?
/nods/ It’s one of many options.

Wow, Clark, that's some pretty powerful aura you got there. [Jawdrop] Lois getting pregnant just from hanging out with you.

CLARK: What? [Thud] No! Where's the fun in that?

LOIS: You and me, bub!
No-no. They’ve had fun. It’s just that they had been friends and weren’t doing it for recreational purposes. At first. There was one where Clark decided to jump in in order for Lois to not have Lex do the honors.

LOIS: <<wryly>> Yeah, my body rejected *that* soul. <<thinks a minute>> Does Cat even have a soul?
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oops. My bad. Thought it just happened hush-hush off screen so as to not get Lex Luthor all queasy.
I'm guessing Lex doesn't get queasy, easy.

It’s all in who your father’s sleeping with.
Nepotism is the 2nd oldest profession.

Oh, *that’s* why Lois is all talk and no show with Clark on the dark side.
<<Hands on hips, add in Southern accent>> Well, Michael, is that some crack about my Nfic writing style? And here I was just about to post another one on the dark side. [Linked Image] and considering adding in a freebee dark side WC backstory fic, too. <<tsk, tsk>> I have to check with my Betas. It might be a little TMI.

Okay. If the evil bad guy say’s so…
Right. They never lie.

No wonder he got kicked out of so many foster families in his teens. Always got the bathroom all sticky with the white cream spraying everywhere
clap

There was once a story where Lois developed - and died from – backside heatvisioning.
[Linked Image]

/nods/ It’s one of many options.
So far I've only found the funny Tank stories (and some good drama like this years TOGOM)

No-no. They’ve had fun. It’s just that they had been friends and weren’t doing it for recreational purposes. At first. There was one where Clark decided to jump in in order for Lois to not have Lex do the honors.
I'm sure Lex appreciated Clark's warming up Lois for him.

CLARK: I bet he paled in comparison.

LEX: Hey!

And yes. Nine of them, in fact. She collects them from the frat-boys who sold them to her.
laugh And she's only got nine? It must be a slow month.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nepotism is the 2nd oldest profession.
hyper See? hyper

and considering adding in a freebee dark side WC backstory fic, too.
Do we *have* to beg? Fine… wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nono, just umm…lack thereof? You know, them not showing up in the first place?
I hear you still owe a part on that one piece you started. Perhaps if you write it, more will be inspired to write. evil Do we have to beg? Fine! rotflol It's currently under consideration between me and my betas. Maybe I'll post it, maybe I'll hold it off to Book 3 ( devil ), maybe I'll tone it down and put it in the story at some point. By the time posting catches up to where I currently am (beginning of Oct) we should have an answer to that question.

It was just a vignette!
Still!

Of course. They all got ‘fixed’ by helpful FoLCs. Now, it’s *other* people Tanking a story
I don't know. Would I be considered one of those people? [Linked Image]

She cashes them in for an extra good year every now and then?
Why doesn't Lex like her again?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I hear you still owe a part on that one piece you started. Perhaps if you write it, more will be inspired to write. [Evil] Do we have to beg? Fine!
Oh dear. [Linked Image]

It's currently under consideration between me and my betas.
Hmm…/suggests one head, one vote principle/

Would I be considered one of those people?
Actually, no, except for the occasional haircut.

Why doesn't Lex like her again?
Opposites attract?

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmm…/suggests one head, one vote principle/
So, each beta gets one vote with mine as the deciding vote? <<checks ballot box>> This is strange. There's only supposed to be three votes here and it's stuffed with votes for Nfic Vignette. I wonder how those got there? So far, I've gotten one vote: Yes hyper , sight unseen. Hmmm. You know Canon Lois and Clark made it to S4 without any noogie, yet I've gone only through a 1/4 of S1 and I've got pleas for more. Very interesting.

Actually, no, except for the occasional haircut.
clap Would it be a spoiler to say that the required Lois haircut takes place in different parts of each of the three books?

Opposites attract?
But... but... but... she's too much woman for him!

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, each beta gets one vote with mine as the deciding vote
eek You’ve got a beta who doesn’t want nfic? Oh dear.

There's only supposed to be three votes here and it's stuffed with votes for Nfic Vignette.
[Linked Image]

You know Canon Lois and Clark made it to S4 without any noogie, yet I've gone only through a 1/4 of S1 and I've got pleas for more. Very interesting.
Umm… Umm…

Would it be a spoiler to say that the required Lois haircut takes place in different parts of each of the three books?
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You’ve got a beta who doesn’t want nfic? Oh dear.
Oh, no! I believe her quote was, something of the sort, "Hot steamy stuff! Send it right over." But then RL caught hold of her and I'm still waiting to hear back. That is the one who wants the whole thing hot and heavy. wink The other one is more partial to UST. I have the best betas. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave Michael

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
They had landed on patio and he had carried her inside without another word. She hadn’t stopped crying the entire flight home. He had done this. Superman had failed Lois. Superman had hurt Lois. Superman had broken Lois’s heart. It was Superman’s fault; he had to go.
I think that should say "on the patio".

Kent winced at getting caught. “I should have known better than try to pull a fast one on you, Chief,” he replied softly. “Let me go get them, and I’ll meet you in the lobby.”
I think it should be "to try to".

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
They had landed on patio and he had carried her inside without another word. She hadn’t stopped crying the entire flight home. He had done this. Superman had failed Lois. Superman had hurt Lois. Superman had broken Lois’s heart. It was Superman’s fault; he had to go.
I think that should say "on the patio".
Thanks. Fixed. sloppy

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Kent winced at getting caught. “I should have known better than try to pull a fast one on you, Chief,” he replied softly. “Let me go get them, and I’ll meet you in the lobby.”

The bars and restaurants in his dimension had banned tobacco products in favor of a healthier workplace for its employees
Here "its employees" has as its antecedent "the bars and restaurants". That in theory should be "their employees", but I would actually go with just "for employees".

In fact part of me even wonders if it is the "bars and restraunsts" banning the smoking. It might have been outside forces telling the bars and restaruants to do so, in which case maybe you want to say "Tobacco products in bars and restaruants in his dimension had been banned in favor of a healthier workplace for employees". OK, maybe I have just seen too many bar owners especially fight such bans with the claim they will loose business to think it likely they would be the ones to institute the ban.

Clark glanced over at the box sitting between him and wall. “Sir, if you can wait, there’s something else,” he said, and dropped the box on the table.
I think that should be "and the wall".

She was standing next to him now and his biceps were calling out for some hand-on examination.
This is hard to say, but I think it should be "hands-on".

He pulled a baguette out of the oven and the smell was over-powering. He sliced it in large chunks and brought it back to the table, setting a piece of each of their plates. “I think you can handle that on your own, Lois.” He scooted his chair an inch or two further away. “Maybe you should just use your fingers and feed yourself.”
I think that should be "piece on each". This is very good description. It has made me hungry.

She watched as he picked up another couple piece of pasta and stuck them in his mouth
I think that should be "pieces".

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Funny thing. When I searched with Find/Replace to find this line in the Archive version I came across another time I did this very thing. I fixed that one too. blush Thanks.

Here "its employees" has as its antecedent "the bars and restaurants". That in theory should be "their employees", but I would actually go with just "for employees".

In fact part of me even wonders if it is the "bars and restraunsts" banning the smoking. It might have been outside forces telling the bars and restaruants to do so, in which case maybe you want to say "Tobacco products in bars and restaruants in his dimension had been banned in favor of a healthier workplace for employees". OK, maybe I have just seen too many bar owners especially fight such bans with the claim they will loose business to think it likely they would be the ones to institute the ban.
So true. I hope you don't mind but I've borrowed your wording for my story. laugh Thank you.

I think that should be "and the wall".
Darn articles. Yes, thanks.

She was standing next to him now and his biceps were calling out for some hand-on examination.
This is hard to say, but I think it should be "hands-on".
Normally it would be, but currently she had one arm (hand) in a sling, so this slip-up was actually deliberate. [Linked Image]

I think that should be "piece on each". This is very good description. It has made me hungry.
Thanks. My husband's a chef, so I tend to go overboard on food descriptions in my stories.

I think that should be "pieces".
Not a 'couple piece'? laugh Silly me. Thanks for catching all of these, John.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I just have to say Clark is a total lunkhead. Breaking up with Lois as Superman was the stupidest think he ever did. Putting her through that pain, when there really was a way for them to be together like she wanted was stupid.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I just have to say Clark is a total lunkhead. Breaking up with Lois as Superman was the stupidest think he ever did. Putting her through that pain, when there really was a way for them to be together like she wanted was stupid.
I'll tell him. Thanks for the comment. If you never hear from me again, you'll know Luthor was right in wanting Superman gone. wink

VirginiaR.
---
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard