Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Here we are, at the end of our little Lois and Clark summer romance/revelation fic. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Vicki,

Absolutely wonerful WAFFY ending?

You are an amazing writer.

Can't wait for your next fic.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Vicki,

Absolutely wonerful WAFFY ending?

You are an amazing writer.

Can't wait for your next fic.
Thank you, Ken. Glad you enjoyed it. I'll admit, the first two chapters, and this last one, were my favorite parts to write.

Hopefully I'll be able to start posting Specimen S by the end of September. And hopefully other rabid plot bunnies will attack me in the meantime. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwwww. You circled back to Waffy romance. grumble Like I could get a word in edgewise anyway.

It did not take long to get to the movie theatre. But to their disappointment, the show they were hoping to see was sold out, and neither of them were all that interested in the ones which still did have tickets available. Clark stuck his hands into his pockets, debating with himself as to what he should say now.
Ooops.

Lois shook her head. "Nah. We'd never get there without cheating," she said, lowering her
voice to a confidential whisper.
/Pst. You've got an extra paragraph break after "her"/

We could fly out west and buy ticket for a show on the West Coast?

"Well, there is one place I can think of that we can go," he replied, a hint of mischief twinkling in his eyes.
His palace in the clouds?

"My place. We can rent a video on the way and have our own, private movie screening."
/nods/ Much more romantic.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"I'd like that. But let's not rent a movie. Let's just go to your place. We'll make some coffee and just relax for a while."
CLARK: [Linked Image]

Soon they were at his apartment, Clark carrying Lois' gym bag of stakeout clothes so she could change into something more comfortable.
[Linked Image] Bringing in a change of clothing.

Now she was there as the woman he was dating. His - dare he think it? - girlfriend.
Think it all you want, Clark, but wait after a few more dates before saying it out loud.

"Hey," she said, stepping into his kitchen, clad now in comfortable shorts and a soft-looking shirt.
Look who's ready for bed.

"A little," Clark admitted. "But in a fantastic, exciting new way. At least, it is for me."

"It is for me too. And I feel like...I don't know...like we should have been doing this from the start."
Awwwwwww.

CLARK: whinging on my youth!>>

"First I was hoping you'd even want to go out again. I figured I'd worry about the actual date once I knew that much."
Probably a good idea.

Then she stood and moved to Clark's chair. Clark scooted over in surprise as she climbed up onto the lounge chair beside him, snuggled into his side, and lay her head on his chest. His arm immediately encircled her, holding her securely to him, the tenderness behind the move showing her just how precious she was to him.
No, no, no, Clark. You don't scoot over. You allow her to sit down on your lap.

"I know. But...I'm not so sure I want them anymore. Don't get me wrong. Flying with you is one of the most amazing things in the world, and I'll always love doing it. Especially knowing what I do now, that you and he are one. But tonight...tonight we were just a normal, average couple, and it was beyond anything I ever could have imagined a date with Superman - with Clark - would be."
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

"Particularly when I'm not flying you away from some mortal danger," he added, utterly unable to help himself.
Priceless! clap

Clark bit his lower lip, growing suddenly concerned over Lois' serious tone and topic change. He hoped - prayed - she wasn't about to drop some bombshell on him. He hoped she wasn't about to say that she was wrong and that she could never -would never - be able to reciprocate his feelings. His heart gave a nervous spasm in his chest. He wondered if she could feel the change in the organ's rhythm.
Oh, Clark, she's practically sitting in your lap, I doubt she's going to tell you that she's not interested in you.

"I don't love Superman."

"You don't?" The words came out half strangled and fearful.
CLARK: Phew. I was worried there for a moment that she'd only want to date *him* and not me. Oh, wait, he *is* me! What are you saying?

Who I can love is the ordinary man. The one who holds down a job and pays his rent on time. The one who brings me coffee and makes it better than even I do. The one who will share his chocolate dessert with me or listen to me rant or brighten my day with a smile - who stands when a woman enters the room and holds doors open for people without expecting so much as a thank you in return. The one who edits my copy, even when I claim I don't need or want it, and who has never turned me away from his door when I've needed him. I love you, Clark. Not the caped hero. Not the powers. You. Clark Kent."
Oooooooh, Clark. Lois luvs you! clap

"And I love you, Lois. I love everything about you. I have, ever since the moment I first laid eyes on you. Being with you - working alongside you every day and spending time together as friends outside of work - has been the greatest time of my life. Until now. Now...dating you...I feel like everything in my life has paled in comparison to this."
Awwwwwwwww.

In the next instant, his lips found hers - or perhaps her lips had found his - he wasn't quite sure. It didn't matter. All that mattered was that they were together. He lost himself to the moment, knowing that this was the greatest moment in his life, and knowing, somehow, that things would only get better from there on out.
How regency of you, DC! The 'I love yous' before the first kiss. Awwwwwww. How sweet! An enjoyable read!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Columnist
Columnist
Happy dance!!!

Super cute ending. Love love LOVEEEEE!!

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwwww. You circled back to Waffy romance. An enjoyable read, both A & B plot alike.
Thank ya. Thank ya. I did try. smile

I'm sure this Lois would have understood, being that she knows about his alter-ego and all, and they haven't had the "don't disappear on me in the middle of a date" argument.
She would have, but it still doesn't bode well to show up late on the first date.

CLARK: Blah, didum, blah, blah.
<pictures Clark with a "derp" face>

I love the super-glued expression!
Thank you! That made me giggle when I wrote it.

Rushing by the seat of his pants, yet found such a bouquet of flowers that described Lois to a T. Oh, and BTW, awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
And that's why he's Superman. laugh

Oh, Clark. Subtext.
laugh

Again with the visual imagery. Beautiful.
Thank you. blush

Why one should only go to fancy expensive restaurants with people they aren't head-over-heels in love with.
And take the people they ARE head-over-heels in love with to...Friendly's?

Well, this is Lois. She has a minor in conversation, but only because the professor couldn't get a word in edgewise.
Babbling - A+
Random Tangents - A+
Snide Remarks - A+
The Right Questions - A+
Subtlety - C-

Is that a good thing?
Yes.

Guess so.
See?

Oh, dear, she's caught him already. Where's the fun in that?
Chasing sucks. It's enjoying the spoils of the hunt that's fun. wink

LOIS: Ooooh, Clark, introduce me to your handsome friend who cooks.

CLARK: I cook.

LOIS: Oh, please. You make food; he gets paid the big bucks to do so.

KENNY: They aren't that big.
huh

oh, *that* won't grow old quickly.
It's Lois so...no? And it's Clark so...he won't get bored?

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
laugh

Looks like another hero who didn't plan ahead again.

LOIS & CLARK: Let's go back to *my* place.

LOIS: Jinx! Now you can't talk until I say so.

CLARK: Like I could get a word in edgewise anyway.
laugh

We could fly out west and buy ticket for a show on the West Coast?
Or...better idea?

His palace in the clouds?
Borrowing his pal Batman's desserted island?

/nods/ Much more romantic.
laugh I tried.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Bringing in a change of clothing.
Cuddling in a dress is not fun.

Think it all you want, Clark, but wait after a few more dates before saying it out loud.
<was calling now hubby her boyfriend after the first date> huh Worked out well for us.

Look who's ready for bed.
All the better for cuddling with!

CLARK: *Now* she tells me!
laugh

Actually, as long as we stay together, it still counts as a date, so, stay the night... forever?
They are already working on "forever." laugh

Um... Lois? Have you met Clark?
Clark: "Just...checking...for clones."

What? Guys actually have to have a plan when you go out? Nobody told me that! And isn't that kind of putting him on the spot? I mean, *do* they have to have do to something? Okay, in my defense, I've never been on an actual date-date (like the one described in this story) that I haven't arranged myself, so I wouldn't know. All the dates I've ever been on have basically been hanging out. <<Excuse me, on my youth!>>
Awww. We used to plan ahead. "Hey, next weekend, how about the zoo?" or "Oooh <fill in movie title> comes out this weekend. How about we hit that then <fill in restaurant name>?" It was a little back and forth - sometimes he'd come up with ideas, sometimes it was me, sometimes it was spur of the moment.

Don't cry too hard. I married my second real boyfriend, so I missed out on that who, part of my "youth." (Am still 29 years young!)

Probably a good idea.
Not that it will take long to figure out how to wine and dine her again. laugh

No, no, no, Clark. You don't scoot over. You allow her to sit down on your lap.
That might...make his pants too tight.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
laugh

Priceless!
Why thank ya! laugh

Oh, Clark, she's practically sitting in your lap, I doubt she's going to tell you that she's not interested in you.
For a superhero, he's pretty insecure about himself. Maybe he should take self esteem lessons from Tony Stark.

CLARK: Phew. I was worried there for a moment that she'd only want to date *him* and not me. Oh, wait, he *is* me! What are you saying?
laugh

Oooooooh, Clark. Lois luvs you!
Yeah. Just a bit. wink love

How regency of you, DC! The 'I love yous' before the first kiss. Awwwwwww. How sweet! An enjoyable read!
Actually, I didn't plan it that way. It just sort of happened and flowed. But glad you like it! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
Happy dance!!!

Thanks, MrsLuthor! Glad you enjoyed it! I had a ton of fun bringing it to you all! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
[b] Happy dance!!!

Thanks, MrsLuthor! Glad you enjoyed it! I had a ton of fun bringing it to you all! laugh [/b]
I hope so! It would be total suckfest if you hated it, but you did it anyways.

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[b]
[b] Happy dance!!!

Thanks, MrsLuthor! Glad you enjoyed it! I had a ton of fun bringing it to you all! laugh [/b]
I hope so! It would be total suckfest if you hated it, but you did it anyways. [/b]
rotflol True! But there's always some fic that a writer is not totally happy with or has some part that's just hell to write. This one was pretty smooth sailing for me.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The poor old woman who'd been mugged had had a heart attack on the scene, and he'd rushed her off to the hospital.
So, he saved the mugger from a 2nd degree murder charge?

leaving Clark's heart rate elevated and his feet barely able to move.
Good thing he can float, huh?

He was aware of the fact that he was staring and that he should probably say something.
drool ?

[Linked Image] Somehow, it reminded him of Lois.
Awwwww

"I've been ready for a long time."
Nauhgty!

Afterwards, whenever someone asked about the restaurant, he could only come up with the words "elegant" and "warm," knowing it had to have been more than just that.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, he saved the mugger from a 2nd degree murder charge?
He's so thoughtful that way.

Good thing he can float, huh?
It has its advantages. wink

Let’s hope Perry doesn’t ever send them to write restaurant critics. Or hotel critics, for that matter. “How was the hotel?” “Wonderful ceilings.”
clap rotflol

Oh dear. Like Mayson. Toni. Cat. Toni. Miranda. Linda.
Lana. :p

Clark! Not on the first date. She’s a lady.
Not according to a lot of nfic stories...

So, sitting together in a dark room filled with other, being quiet and watching some images flitter across a wall tens of feet away? Instead of strolling through Centennial Park?
Less awkward silences when Clark's brain shuts down over the fact that he's dating Lois?

Trying to get to the third date in a hurry, aren’t we?
Yes?

Yes, Clark. After everything she’s said and done this evening, she’s going to dump you now. Doofus.
Aw, look. He's paranoid! smile

What an adorable way to end the summer, Vicki!
Thank you, Michael! Very much appreciated! laugh

There’s two vignettes about that on the dark side. Named ‘Jinxed’
I think I might have read those a while back... rotflol

Not a good idea.
Sure it is! Depending on your motives.

Cuddling in underwear, then?
rotflol

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He's so thoughtful that way.
Isn’t he? Say, wouldn’t that make a good Star article, on how Superman always makes sure the crooks are okay and just dandy?

Lana
[Linked Image]

quote: Clark! Not on the first date. She’s a lady.

Not according to a lot of nfic stories...
[Linked Image]

Less awkward silences when Clark's brain shuts down over the fact that he's dating Lois?
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Isn’t he? Say, wouldn’t that make a good Star article, on how Superman always makes sure the crooks are okay and just dandy?
laugh

So, Clark should consummate with Mindy if it helps to unravel Intergang on the DP frontpage?
<almost chokes on vomit>

Um, I meant like x-raying through walls to get information they need.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
smile1

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
smile1
Thanks, Mouse! Even beat the deadline in that I just sent it over to the archive a couple of hours ago.

I have one more story up my sleeve at the moment. AntiK is beta-ing it. I won't post until I have most of it back and "board ready" though. Hopefully by the end of September. Hopefully even earlier.

My muse has been in hibernation lately, as I haven't been in the best of moods. But she *may* have been enticed out of hiding by another story idea. I'm not making any sudden moves though. I don't want to scare her off.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
<almost chokes on vomit>
Oh dear. Does that imply you're not partial to them hooking up?

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
<almost chokes on vomit>
Oh dear. Does that imply you're not partial to them hooking up?

wave Michael
rotflol

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
[b] smile1
Thanks, Mouse! Even beat the deadline in that I just sent it over to the archive a couple of hours ago.

I have one more story up my sleeve at the moment. AntiK is beta-ing it. I won't post until I have most of it back and "board ready" though. Hopefully by the end of September. Hopefully even earlier.

My muse has been in hibernation lately, as I haven't been in the best of moods. But she *may* have been enticed out of hiding by another story idea. I'm not making any sudden moves though. I don't want to scare her off. [/b]
Funny. My muse hibernates when I'm in good moods. laugh And wait-- archives is deadline too? /hangs head in shame/ Gotta look back at what's left to send over there still...

Can't wait for September, then!!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard