Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
<Sigh.> My days of staying up late and sleeping in are soon coming to an end with school starting again in a week. OTOH, more free writing time while kids are at school. [Dance] Housework be damned!
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Don’t the kids need to learn how to correctly fill a dishwasher anyway, some time?
Dishwasher? umm.... You're writing to 1/2 half of our dishwashing team. Our house isn't fancy enough for those new fangled gadgets.

Kids chores: Laundry, cleaning up toys, dusting, taking out garbage, feeding pets, not waking up mommy first thing in the morning.

/runs encrypted swear words through decryption algorithm/ Lois! No, that’s anatomically impossible. Oh dear. They can’t cross-breed. No, that won’t work either.
clap

I give up. If Lois doesn’t *want* a Superman in her bedroom, I know plenty of Loises who will. /pulls out remote and snaps open dimensional window/
LOIS: I don't NEED kryptonite. Superman LOVES me, he will cave, eventually, I know this! Don't I?

EW: <Shakes head>

CLARK: <nods>

But Anne’s Place is the third part of the LnC Trifecta. True, Zoomway’s boards are there, too. But a lot of those stories are already archived and there’s little exclusive new material. Also, MLT’s The Big Couldn’t is only available on Anne’s Place. It is a must read for people who enjoy Kryptonite mixed with Tempus.
Okay, but it's going to bite into my writing time.

Right. Partner. I’ll believe you if you believe it
LOIS: I *believe* it. It says here in my dictionary, "A partner is someone who types up your stories when you're unable to, fetches you coffee, takes you out to eat, and does anything else that you require within reason." Hey, wait! Who wrote "within reason" in here?!

EW: [Linked Image]

Virginia, what stories have you been telling Lois again? I’m only monitoring the multi-dimensional flow of time in an attempt to discover the secret of soul mates. It’s science and not creepy at all. They even have a master’s degree for it in MetU. Established in 2264. And you should see the lab experiments they have us do Like, what happens when you switch 18 and 26 y/o Lois in time? Cool stuff.
Oh, so, that's not stalking, more of a scientific experiment to see if this planet is ready to be conquered? My apologies.

He’s a collector?
Actually, this wouldn't surprise me.

Well…yeah…kinda…It’s like, there was a time when dinosaurs ruled the Earth?
Pre Jurassic Park!

/whispers/ No more Luthor.
CLARK: Granted, but still.

Not if you’re trying to check out the scene and can’t find it.
[Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
X
Blogger
Blogger
X
“They’re from Luthor,” Clark said.

“How sweet,” Lucy gushed. “Clearly he cares.”
Cares enough to shoot her. I know, I know, it was an accident. But didn't he care enough to make sure he shot around her and not at her

“Lucy, he didn’t come to the hospital. He ordered flowers to be delivered at the crack of dawn, even though he must have known that she would’ve been at the hospital ‘til all hours of the night. Those aren’t the actions of someone who is thinking of Lois’s best interests.”
Did he ask them to be sent so early in the morning?

“I fell asleep on the sofa, sir. Lois and I are partners, and partners help each other in their hour of need.”
LIE!

“Her sofa? Uh-huh,” Perry replied, obviously not buying it.

One glance at Lois’s living room and Clark could see why. Those must be the torture devices that Lucy had mentioned at the hospital. It had been a while since he had been inside Lois’s home.
You should have checked them out before you said that...

This thought was interrupted by a series of clicks.
Finally he hears them!

If it was Bureau 39, they would probably want to catch Lois and Superman in the act.
Won't they be disappointed.

“So, why would she turn down a date with Lex Luthor to go out with you?”

Clark crossed his arms, not liking that there were rumors about Lois and other, possibly super-powered, men. “Her taste is improving,” he suggested.
laugh

“So, that’s a ‘no’? Pity. After our talk last night, I was sure she would go for it,” Cat said, standing up.
smile1

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
X Phile: wave

Cares enough to shoot her. I know, I know, it was an accident. But didn't he care enough to make sure he shot around her and not at her
Of course, he cares. If he had killed Lois, even by accident, I'm sure there would have been no witnesses left and nobody would ever find Menken's or Luthor's bodies (if they still had bodies) right? So, he cares enough to only maime her, not kill her... for now.

Did he ask them to be sent so early in the morning?
He gave the order to Asabi that they be delivered first thing in the morning. Being that it was Sunday morning one would hope it wasn't before 7 am, but since that was usually when he had flowers delivered to Lois before she left for work, the florist shop didn't know better.

LIE!
Wow, a lot of people noticed that one. Yep, CK's being bad. Walking on the naughty side of truth.

You should have checked them out before you said that...
It was a long night.

Finally he hears them!
He was distracted before with kissing, and unzipping of skirts, and Lois being wounded and all.

Won't they be disappointed.
TRASK: I ordered cameras! Didn't I order cameras? [Linked Image] Didn't I?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have to say the actually thinking about Beareau 39 as a possible cause is a major improvement from the show. In the show Clark just somehow knows Luthor is behind everything, and is right all the time. Except when he isn't, but we never see Clark try to pin a plot on Luthor and be wrong.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I have to say the actually thinking about Beareau 39 as a possible cause is a major improvement from the show. In the show Clark just somehow knows Luthor is behind everything, and is right all the time. Except when he isn't, but we never see Clark try to pin a plot on Luthor and be wrong.
It always annoyed me that Trask and B39 were so scary to both Superman/Clark and Lois, yet they completely forgot about them and discounted them after they left, until they reared their ugly head(s) again in Smallville.

What does it say about Luthor that Clark could point his dart at the man and guess he was behind something and most times usually be right? I think the only time Clark was wrong about Luthor being behind something, because he wasn't, was during the computer virus slowdown in "Ides of Metropolis", because LexCorp was affected as well. At one point Clark pointed out that the guy who had faked his death had one time worked for LexCorp, and they even went to Lex to ask him about him (his name currently escapes me). Lois believes Luthor to be innocent and that was the only time she was right.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Still only about half the episodes of season one have Luthor behind the evil going on. Does he even show up at all in "Strange Visitor"? There is a reason why there is a whole slew of fan fiction that has Luthor as the villaian behind things he wasn't in the show. The one that flows best is his being behind the plot to mine the rain forest in "Witness". That is totally the type of nefarious plot that Luthor not being involved in seems odd.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Dishwasher? umm.... You're writing to 1/2 half of our dishwashing team. Our house isn't fancy enough for those new fangled gadgets.
Oh dear! [Linked Image] Those newfangled gadgets are all the rave.

Kids chores: Laundry, cleaning up toys, dusting, taking out garbage, feeding pets, not waking up mommy first thing in the morning.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
“They’re from Luthor,” Clark said.

“How sweet,” Lucy gushed.
Luthor? Sweet? confused It's an oxymoron!

“I fell asleep on the sofa, sir.
On Lois'sofa? IMPOSSIBLE.

“Her sofa? Uh-huh,” Perry replied, obviously not buying it.
Exactly!

He found another camera and several more microphones. He figured it was a professional job. Clark wondered who would be behind it.
My money is on Luthor.

If it was Bureau 39, they would probably want to catch Lois and Superman in the act. A chill crept down Clark’s spine at the thought of a possible third unknown creep watching her.
I still think it's Luthor: he is a pervert.

“Luthor was being heavy-handed, telling Lois what she should and shouldn’t do. She doesn’t like that.” He was edging closer to the truth.

“Now, that I can believe,” chuckled Henderson, relaxing.
Of course! That WE can believe! laugh

And now part 35.

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Still only about half the episodes of season one have Luthor behind the evil going on. Does he even show up at all in "Strange Visitor"?
I don't think so. <<check's Cloisworld\'s list of characters by episode >> Nope. I find it difficult to combine Trask and Lex together. I just can't see Trask liking Luthor enough to deal with him.

There is a reason why there is a whole slew of fan fiction that has Luthor as the villaian behind things he wasn't in the show. The one that flows best is his being behind the plot to mine the rain forest in "Witness". That is totally the type of nefarious plot that Luthor not being involved in seems odd.
Good point. Guess the reason would be to remind viewers that Luthor wasn't the only bad billionaire out there in the world. wink And that Clark has a lot of cleaning up to do before Utopia will be reached.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: We DID buy a dishwasher, but having children put a crimp in our remodeling our kitchen to fit it in budget, so it got sold 3 years later - unused. whinging Sigh.

That last one, most important of ‘em all, I’m guessing.
*VERY* important. Several years ago, I even taught my daughter that if she has to wake Mommy up to ask if she can watch TV, the answer will always be 'No'. It took about a week before that one sunk in...

That’s what he gets for not revealing his Superman to her.
CLARK: [Linked Image] Why does it always come back to that?

That’s okay. There’s a special exemption for reading MLT fic in between. Or on the Nook before switching lights off at night.
No, I'm on my desktop at night before bed. Nook time is first thing in the morning before I want my children to know that I'm awake.

ER: Jury would still consider consummation of mutual attraction to be a reasonable expectation in a partnership.
CLARK: clap

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sydney: wave

Luthor? Sweet? It's an oxymoron!
clap

On Lois'sofa? IMPOSSIBLE.
But Lois slept on it? (or will in S4, E1.) Anyway, he could have always floated... no, that wouldn't have been good for other reasons.

My money is on Luthor.
Insider information makes the bet null and void.

I still think it's Luthor: he is a pervert.
Or because he was reviewing the tapes back in Part 31/32?

Of course! That WE can believe!
Reverse psychology always works on Lois. One of the reasons she DOESN'T need therapy.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
We DID buy a dishwasher, but having children put a crimp in our remodeling our kitchen to fit it in budget, so it got sold 3 years later - unused.
Oh dear frown

CLARK: Why does it always come back to that?
ER: wave Michael

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“Yes, sir. I mean, no, sir. I mean, I’ll go,” Clark replied, his chest aching at the thought of leaving Lois, especially since this new order countermanded the one he had given Clark the night before. “I’ll get down there just as soon as I get Lois back to bed, and take a few minutes to go home to shower and shave.”
Reading through this I think we have a case of mixed antecedents. "the one he had given", has as its antecedent Clark, since he was the last he mentioned, and he was the antecedent of his chest. Except that should have Perry as its antecedent. I think you would be best off saying "the one Perry had" or "the one his boss had".

Was it easier for Lois to think Superman was cruel enough to let a bullet hit her opposed to someone who made mistakes?
I think that should be "her as opposed to".

Clark figured he better gather up his notes and get Perry his story. Lois would be expecting him shortly to pick her up for lunch and to meet Superman. He typed up what he had into a story and walked it into the Chief’s office, closing the door behind him.
I think it should say "he had better" or "he'd better".

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Yes, sir. I mean, no, sir. I mean, I’ll go,” Clark replied, his chest aching at the thought of leaving Lois, especially since this new order countermanded the one he had given Clark the night before. “I’ll get down there just as soon as I get Lois back to bed, and take a few minutes to go home to shower and shave.”
Reading through this I think we have a case of mixed antecedents. "the one he had given", has as its antecedent Clark, since he was the last he mentioned, and he was the antecedent of his chest. Except that should have Perry as its antecedent. I think you would be best off saying "the one Perry had" or "the one his boss had".

Was it easier for Lois to think Superman was cruel enough to let a bullet hit her opposed to someone who made mistakes?
I think that should be "her as opposed to".

Clark figured he better gather up his notes and get Perry his story. Lois would be expecting him shortly to pick her up for lunch and to meet Superman. He typed up what he had into a story and walked it into the Chief’s office, closing the door behind him.
I think it should say "he had better" or "he'd better".
Thanks for catching these, John. smile1 And congratulations on hitting 1000 posts! clap

VirginiaR.
---
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard