Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Only one part left!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Vicki,

Wonderful! It's just a shame that you had to gloss over so much. I would have liked to see them as they nailed Lex. dance

Looking forward to the final chapter.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Two days later, Clark entered the newsroom. He glanced at his watch. Only a minute late.
Problems with his powers?

That wasn't bad, considering the wildfire he'd been helping to fight that morning.
Guess not.

"Hey," Lois said, grabbing his elbow and drawing him close. "You did the best you could. No one blames you for not being everywhere at once." Her tone was confidential, barely a whisper in his ear.

"I know, Lois," he said with a sigh. "It just...sometimes it takes a while for the horror to sort of...wear off."
/Psst/ Lois, I've got an idea for helping him get past the horror... [Linked Image] Kiss him!

"Well, maybe this will cheer you up. I just got off the phone with S.T.A.R. Labs."
Clearly, you and I have differing opinions on what will cheer Clark up faster.

"So the rogue rocket wasn't a rogue at all."
Confirmation of hypothesis. Check.

Clark didn't say anything toward that comment. "Any idea who manufactured the computer?" he asked instead.
Clark! Shouldn't you be going after who used the computer to target the firework instead of the manufacturer? That would be like suing the gun manufacturer after Arianna shot you, hardly their fault.

He said it resembled a drawing he'd seen in a magazine a couple of months back. Guess what company was working on it?"
Sloppy, sloppy, Lex. Advertising your plans before they happen.

"Well, he offered to show us in person too, but I thought under the circumstances...I didn't want to risk having you hurt again." Lois cupped his cheek gently with one hand for a moment, leaving Clark's flesh ablaze where contact was made.
At least, she's thinking ahead. Hmmmm. Strangely, Clark's thinking ahead too, but he's thinking ahead to the end of the investigation.

"Lois!" Jimmy called, his voice cutting through the constant noise of the newsroom. He waved a manila envelope. "This just came for you."

"Speak of the devil," Lois said, giving Clark a smile.
Devil. Interruptus. Same diff.

"Not even a serial number to speak of," he said, pushing his glasses back up his nose. "Whoever did this didn't want anyone to follow their trail back."
Well, if the person who used the computer actually built the computer, there wouldn't be a need for serial numbers, now would there be?

"Probably. Or a prototype."
/nods/

"Wouldn't that have some indicator on it? In case it was stolen?"
CLARK: Nah, it only means that Superman was targeted by an evil computer genius.

JIMMY: Hi Guys! Want a donut?

LOIS: <gasps in horror> Jimmy!

JIMMY: Fine. Okay. I didn't realize you were on a diet.

"Possibly." He paused for a moment. "You know, I was thinking."

"About what?"

"Well, Jack."
LOIS: Jack? Jack! No, no, Clark. You're only supposed to think about Lois! grumble This is why he hasn't brought up Antonio's again, isn't it?

On a side point, I was wondering if there was a Jack in this timeline. hyper

"Why wouldn't they come straight to us?"
Maybe because LexCorp owns the newsstand in the lobby of the DP building so he knows if anyone comes in to snitch on him to L&C?

They stood together. Lois hooked her arm intimately with Clark's, which brought a smile to his face and caused his heart to skip a beat. It was amazing, he thought, that after her initial shock and anger over his secret, she had so quickly come around to acceptance. And, more even astounding to him, their friendship had not only survived, but had strengthened and thrived.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Bobby met them in the very back of a fresh fish store. Lois gagged as they entered and even Clark's eyes watered. The stench of raw fish assaulted his sensitive nostrils like a literal blow to his face.
I completely understand. When I was pregnant I had run past the fish restaurant down the block from the store I was working at because the smell of fish literally made me gag. And that was COOKED fish. My sympathies to L&C.

Bobby was with the committee member; a short, red-faced, overweight, if not nervous but kindly looking man in his late forties. Bobby introduced him as Jeff Lawson. Jeff nodded to them politely, but did not offer his hand. His blood-stained apron told them that he worked at the store as a butcher.
This is interesting. One naturally assumes that to be a member of a committee, one has to wear a suit and tie to work. In City Govn't these things aren't necessarily true. clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm back. I don't know if I went over my smilie limit but the preview wouldn't load the whole thing, so I'm just going to assume I did. Here's Part 2-FDK. EWM Club Rocks!

"But, well, I saw someone enter the area where the boat was docked. You know, the one with the fireworks. The whole operation is computerized, from driving the boat to where it needs to be, to shooting off the fireworks with nanosecond precision. Our system even handles the music that gets pumped into the park."
Yeah! A witness! hyper

"Mr. Lawson, can you give us a description of the man you saw?" Clark asked.

"Better than that," Jeff said. "I can give you a name."
Oh, dear, is he a plant of Lex's to send them on the wrong path?

Jeff nodded. "As a committee member, I've recently had a lot of dealings with him. His name is Asabi. And he works for..."

"Lex Luthor," Clark jumped in, finishing the man's statement for him. He took a breath and let it out in a controlled manner.
clap That betting pool is anything but in the past. I'd watch what you do and say around the newsroom from now on, you hear?

"I better not see hide or hair of either one of you before next Monday. Got it?"
What if we stumble upon a page 1 story in Clark's bedroom?... I mean, while on vacation?

"Great. I'm starving. What do you say we go get something to eat?"

"Sounds great. You have any place in particular in mind?"

"I'm not picky," Lois said, with a shake of her hair.
"Antonio's?"

A slow grin curved Clark's lips. He let it come, unchallenged. "You still want that date with me?" he teased her.
<<where's a smilie about getting hit with a dead fish?>> Okay, couldn't find it. [Linked Image]

Lois rolled her eyes good-naturedly. "Like you haven't been thinking of it every day since I first agreed to go out with you."
CLARK: Am I that transparent?

LOIS: Like glass.

<to quote Perry>

A few coworkers gave them approving smiles as they passed, though Clark got the impression that he and Lois weren't supposed to see those looks.
He could always super speed around the office and give wedgies to everyone who gave Lois and Clark those knowing looks. I'm just saying. He could...

"I'd say that it sounds like the perfect evening," Lois said, her grin matching his own. "I'm just glad this investigation is over now so we can focus on what's really important."

"Me too, Lois," Clark said, his heart soaring within the confines of his ribcage.
LOIS: Catching up on my Ivory Tower. I've got to find out what happened to my hero.

CLARK: Ivory Tower?

To Be Continued...
What?! What about back at the apartment with Chinese food? What about Antonio's? What about.... mecry

Only one part left!
Oh, right. ONE Part? Will it all fit in one part? Will Nigel show up and dose Clark with Kryptonite again and Lois will nurse him back to health, but in the process get impregnated with a completely human-like child who may or may not grow up with powers leaving Clark to wonder if Lois cheated on him? laugh Or not?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Columnist
Columnist
Ooooh! Chinese food from China?! laugh

One more part? That means the date is in the next part, yea? yea??? laugh smile1

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Vicki,

Wonderful! It's just a shame that you had to gloss over so much. I would have liked to see them as they nailed Lex. dance

Looking forward to the final chapter.
Thanks, Ken. I toyed with the idea of going into details, but I wanted to keep it more focused on Lois and Clark together - the reveal and the whole dating thing.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/Psst/ Lois, I've got an idea for helping him get past the horror... Kiss him!
That....that could work.

Clearly, you and I have differing opinions on what will cheer Clark up faster.
Investigations make Lois happy. Happy Lois leads to kissing and beyond?

Confirmation of hypothesis. Check.
As if we ever doubted.

Clark! Shouldn't you be going after who used the computer to target the firework instead of the manufacturer? That would be like suing the gun manufacturer after Arianna shot you, hardly their fault.
But, if he can track the computer maker, perhaps he can figure out who bought that one, is what he's thinking.

Well, just the computer stuff.

At least, she's thinking ahead. Hmmmm. Strangely, Clark's thinking ahead too, but he's thinking ahead to the end of the investigation.
Yes. But, really, both are sort of single-minded in their question to get to the date.

Devil. Interruptus. Same diff.
clap clap

Yeah, Bill Church. How did you guess?
Or maybe the Lakes?

I love this. Very Lex Luthor! Bravo... Brava!
Ah, thank ya. laugh

Nice imagery.
Thanks. I wanted to subtly nod to fireworks there.

Maybe because LexCorp owns the newsstand in the lobby of the DP building so he knows if anyone comes in to snitch on him to L&C?
Always a good possibility!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww.
laugh

I completely understand. When I was pregnant I had run past the fish restaurant down the block from the store I was working at because the smell of fish literally made me gag. And that was COOKED fish. My sympathies to L&C.
All fish smells gross me out - especially passing the fish section of my grocery store. Ewwwww!

This is interesting. One naturally assumes that to be a member of a committee, one has to wear a suit and tie to work. In City Govn't these things aren't necessarily true.
Glad you liked. I was thinking the fireworks committee could include some regular Joes who are just good with planning and whatnot.

<Possibly broke the smilie limit>

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
EWM Club Rocks!
We do!!! laugh

Yeah! A witness!
laugh

Oh, dear, is he a plant of Lex's to send them on the wrong path?
Nah. Only 6 parts, remember? wink

He told the truth! What a surprise!

And, Clark, taking a deep breath in a fish shop? Naught boy! But I believe you've been punished enough.
Well, it was sort of a reflexive breath. I might change that.

Hmmmm. Interesting. Why would this fish monger assume that Lex Luthor would do these things? He's an upstanding member of the community. Unless... Does Jeff know something ELSE about Lex?
No, but he's not dumb either. He suspects sabotage and everything points back to Lex. That would be scary.

Kryptonian-Bodyguards-R-Super?
clap

Bigger than Superman?
Perry White, exaggerator.

Okay. So, did they find the Kryptonite?
Erm...well...not necessarily. It doesn't matter too much though. It has no bearing on the next part.

I'm lost. Did Clark want Asabi to get more time or less?
More time.

Sounds like Nigel got away scot free though. THAT's where the Kryptonite disappeared off to.
Could be!

LOIS: What! I have to share?
Clark: Only if you want your turn in the bedroom.

CLARK: <nudging Lois> You heard the Chief. He wants us to spend the week in bed.

LOIS: That isn't what I heard.

CLARK: No?

LOIS: I didn't say that. Anyway, how do you see being in 'bed' with me as "resting up" or "recharging"? "Relaxing" possibly. I would think it would be more like "exhausting" and "using up one's energy"?

CLARK: Whatever you say, Lois. Whatever you say.
clap

Well, exhausting to Lois maybe. I think Clark might go with exhilerating.

Clark! It's been a month and you haven't taken Lois out yet? So, much for spending the week in bed relaxing.
Really huge story sapping all their free time and concentration?

LOIS: I'm horny... I mean, I'm fine! Fine! I'm fine.
clap

Um... Didn't Jimmy already tell him that they were?
Yes, but he thought, maybe, that Perry didn't notice?

Were? As in past tense, there, Clarkie boy? That betting pool is anything but in the past. I'd watch what you do and say around the newsroom from now on, you hear?
rotflol

"Antonio's?"
Next part.

He could always super speed around the office and give wedgies to everyone who gave Lois and Clark those knowing looks. I'm just saying. He could...
Oooh! And this is why it's a good thing that *I* don't have super powers...

What?! What about back at the apartment with Chinese food? What about Antonio's? What about....
I promise you'll get Antonio's in the next part.

Oh, right. ONE Part? Will it all fit in one part? Will Nigel show up and dose Clark with Kryptonite again and Lois will nurse him back to health, but in the process get impregnated with a completely human-like child who may or may not grow up with powers leaving Clark to wonder if Lois cheated on him? Or not?
rotflol Rabid plot bunny much? wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
Ooooh! Chinese food from China?! laugh

One more part? That means the date is in the next part, yea? yea??? laugh smile1
Yes! Date time! Wooooooohooooo! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
Cute! Loved the ending. Perry's reaction to Lois wanting time off was hilarious, and once again, you got the characters down pat. Was a little thrown off by the time shift, but I got why you did it. So we could actually see the date in the next chapter! smile1 Right? You're not gonna pull something mean and try to leave us with some oops-date-got-delayed-again nonsense, right? Right. (Don't disappoint me with that.)

One more to go! GOod job so far! thumbsup

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Cute! Loved the ending. Perry's reaction to Lois wanting time off was hilarious, and once again, you got the characters down pat. Was a little thrown off by the time shift, but I got why you did it. So we could actually see the date in the next chapter! smile1 Right? You're not gonna pull something mean and try to leave us with some oops-date-got-delayed-again nonsense, right? Right. (Don't disappoint me with that.)

One more to go! GOod job so far! thumbsup
Thanks, Mouse! hyper Happy ending for Lois and Clark!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That wasn't bad, considering the wildfire he'd been helping to fight that morning.
Lex isn’t going to be happy about that.

"You did the best you could. No one blames you for not being everywhere at once."
The guy in his mirror does.

"Sabotage."
No, accident. The idea had been to create a three-dimensional model of Krypton using the fine-grained remnants of the planet and then blow it up in a grand finale all in honor of Superman arriving on Earth. Unfortunately, one team used the metric system, the other thought it was imperial.

He said it resembled a drawing he'd seen in a magazine a couple of months back. Guess what company was working on it?"
What was the name of the Church group electronics company that produced the faulty Ferris wheel controls?

Lois cupped his cheek gently with one hand for a moment, leaving Clark's flesh ablaze where contact was made.
And just as she said it, Lois remembered that she hadn’t washed her hands after shaking Doc Klein’s.

He might know someone who knows something about the, uh, stone."
/cocks eyebrow with genuine sceptisism/

"Wild guess. A certain billionaire who happens to live in town?"
Arthur Chow?

"It's usually done through the city. But with the budget cuts this year, the city couldn't afford the display."
I can now see it perfectly. First, Lex moves his most-tax-generating operations out of the district, bleeding the city for money. Then, he steps in and saves the city.

Lois gagged as they entered and even Clark's eyes watered.
help

"At least he's behind bars now, where he can't hurt anyone anymore," Clark said.
Huh? Oh, some indefinite time has passed.

"Well, son, even Elvis didn't knock 'em dead with every song. Either way, Lex is away for life. He won't ever see the sun shining again except through metal bars and barbed wire lining the exercise yard."
Umm…is it a bad time to mention how Lex and Mrs. Cox are right now having a discussion on whether it’s time the clone dies in some headline-grabbing way, and not a suicide? All the while, the happy couple is slurping Martinis on a Caribbean island.

One of Jimmy's photographs, of a snarling, enraged Lex, graced the front page of the paper, right alongside the article Lois and Clark had both worked on.
[Linked Image]

Asabi, in turn, had identified Luthor as the brains behind the experiment, after Superman had brought him into the police station.
I’m guessing Asabi won’t be around much longer either. Nigel will take care of it. Even if he has to track down every last one in the WPP.

He too, was currently behind bars, and would be for the next thirty years.
That’s quite the bad deal he made there. Did he use a lawyer provided by his previous employer? Also, does this mean they only need a sharpened piece of plastic spoon to end him?

Thirty years somehow didn't quite feel like justice.
No, no it doesn’t. Not for a State’s Witness. They won’t get any more of those with that kind of treatment.

"I'll be," Perry mumbled. "Lois, honey, are you feeling okay?"
LOIS: Croak? /cough/ I mean, what?

"Were you in on the betting pool too?" Clark asked, chuckling himself.
He’d be in the perfect place to game it. Like, send them to do a fluff article on Chateau Roberge.

"I'm just glad this investigation is over now so we can focus on what's really important."

"Me too, Lois," Clark said, his heart soaring within the confines of his ribcage.

To Be Continued...
wave Michael

Edit:
Right, other people’s FDK…

Hmm…
That would be like suing the gun manufacturer after Arianna shot you, hardly their fault.
They made it so it also works with crystalline ammunition. Now why would they do that unless to target Superman?

quote: He said it resembled a drawing he'd seen in a magazine a couple of months back. Guess what company was working on it?"

To be fair, he probably thought it would either burn up or sink to the bottom of a lake where nobody would find it.

<<looks skeptical>> As a street urchin?
laugh

CLARK: <sheepishly> Um... well, I don't think Jimmy knows.

JIMMY: Sure, I do, Man. Totally Smooth!
LOIS: Clark? Where’re you going?
CLARK: What do you think? To cancel the single bedroom at the B&B I booked for this weekend. I don’t think I’m going to be getting any conjugal privileges any time soon, so…

CLARK: No?

LOIS: I didn't say that. Anyway, how do you see being in 'bed' with me as "resting up" or "recharging"? "Relaxing" possibly. I would think it would be more like "exhausting" and "using up one's energy"?
wave (again) Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lex isn’t going to be happy about that.
Nope. Not at all. I heard he burned approximently six hundred thousand $1 bills.

The guy in his mirror does.
<nods>

No, accident. The idea had been to create a three-dimensional model of Krypton using the fine-grained remnants of the planet and then blow it up in a grand finale all in honor of Superman arriving on Earth. Unfortunately, one team used the metric system, the other thought it was imperial.
clap

What was the name of the Church group electronics company that produced the faulty Ferris wheel controls?
Uhh...Viologic according to the script.

And just as she said it, Lois remembered that she hadn’t washed her hands after shaking Doc Klein’s.
clap

/whispers/ That’s Lois’s blood. /points at manual written by Virginia/
clap

They use regular folk on the committee instead of the rich and famous?
Why not? So long as they have a knack for organizing things...

He’d end up as the secret ingredient in a batch of fishburgers?
The rare rare, and very expensive, Lawson-sushi.

And it seemed fishy to Jeff?
You did that just for the halibut, didn't you?

But…Lex needs something to feed to his pet piranhas.
Nah. His great white. Named Fluffy.

Umm…is it a bad time to mention how Lex and Mrs. Cox are right now having a discussion on whether it’s time the clone dies in some headline-grabbing way, and not a suicide? All the while, the happy couple is slurping Martinis on a Caribbean island.
Ooooh! Better yet, his helicopter ran out of fuel on a remote, tiny island with no food (a la Superman Returns).

I’m guessing Asabi won’t be around much longer either. Nigel will take care of it. Even if he has to track down every last one in the WPP.
<whistles innocently>

That’s quite the bad deal he made there. Did he use a lawyer provided by his previous employer? Also, does this mean they only need a sharpened piece of plastic spoon to end him?
Probably. The bigger question is, does anyone care? wink

No, no it doesn’t. Not for a State’s Witness. They won’t get any more of those with that kind of treatment.
Down from life? Not *too* shabby.

LOIS: Croak? /cough/ I mean, what?
Oh dear. We ran out of frogs...

He’d be in the perfect place to game it. Like, send them to do a fluff article on Chateau Roberge.
clap

To be fair, he probably thought it would either burn up or sink to the bottom of a lake where nobody would find it.
Precisely. It wasn't supposed to survive.

CLARK: What do you think? To cancel the single bedroom at the B&B I booked for this weekend. I don’t think I’m going to be getting any conjugal privileges any time soon, so…
dance

/nods/
* Ring date
* Morning sickness date
* Ring first or morning sickness first?
* Number of visits to the supply closet a day.
* Number of visits to the copy room a day.
* Times a week they’re late for the morning meeting.
<waits for Lois to start slugging their co-workers>

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
In an attempt to procrastinate on some RL phone calls: laugh

That....that could work.
If not for Clark, for us! hyper

Investigations make Lois happy. Happy Lois leads to kissing and beyond?
CLARK: I can just imagine what she'd be like on the night she wins her first Pulitzer?

But, if he can track the computer maker, perhaps he can figure out who bought that one, is what he's thinking.
JIMMY: Okay, guys, I've got it narrowed down to 20,000 people who bought this type of computer in the Metropolis / Gotham / New York area alone.

Yes. But, really, both are sort of single-minded in their question to get to the date.
clap

Well, if they are mass producing them...
<Points up at Jimmy's comment above>

Probably. But Jack would have some contacts too.
Lois, Clark, meet Bobby. He's got loads of information as long as you feed him well.

Or maybe the Lakes?
Actually, the number of rich people that LnC stumble across (who happen to be bad) in Metropolis is quite staggering.

All fish smells gross me out - especially passing the fish section of my grocery store. Ewwwww!
Me too. My husband doesn't understand why I shrunk away from his paella the other night, made with chicken, clams, and shrimp. :rolleyes: Some people will never understand no matter how many times you tell them (like vegatarians who don't eat food cooked with meat, those of us who don't like sea food are the same way). But, hey, he cooked dinner so I didn't complain.

Glad you liked. I was thinking the fireworks committee could include some regular Joes who are just good with planning and whatnot.
Makes sense.

Nah. Only 6 parts, remember?
Bravo at keeping it to only 6 parts! clap My stories are either 1, 3, or 20+. (my current WIP is about to hit part 50 :rolleyes: ).

Well, it was sort of a reflexive breath. I might change that.
He takes a reflexive breath and hurls all over Lois and Bobby.

LOIS: Are you sure you're okay, Clark? (Maybe some of that fish in the store was pulled from the lake clap

Erm...well...not necessarily. It doesn't matter too much though. It has no bearing on the next part.
A single engine plane carrying only a pilot and one British citizen, by the name of Nigel St. John, crashed into the Atlantic today on its way to the United Kingdom. Sadly all on board were killed, and sunk to the bottom of the ocean. Coming up on LNN, the fifty best ways not to break out of jail by our guest correspondent, and former CEO, Lex Luthor...

Clark: Only if you want your turn in the bedroom.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

CLARK: Or you can just give me an honorable mention. I'm good with that too.

LOIS: <<pats his head>> There's my smart lad.

Well, exhausting to Lois maybe. I think Clark might go with exhilerating.
Touche!

Really huge story sapping all their free time and concentration?
CLARK: *Her* free time and concentration. I've been ready to go since day one.

Yes, but he thought, maybe, that Perry didn't notice?
The Yodeler?

Oooh! And this is why it's a good thing that *I* don't have super powers...
clap Office gossips annoy me too.

Rabid plot bunny much?
<<bats innocent eyelashes>> Actually all the time. Why? Does it show? <Check out my two recent plot bunnies, I shared on FanFic Challenge Thread. I have more ideas than time, so I like to share.>

LOIS: Third date, Clark! This is only our first.

/nods/
* Ring date
* Morning sickness date
* Ring first or morning sickness first?
* Number of visits to the supply closet a day.
* Number of visits to the copy room a day.
* Times a week they’re late for the morning meeting.
* First kiss on the newsroom floor.
* First time scooped because otherwise occupied.
* First fight
* First time Clark sticks his foot in his mouth and Lois dumps him.
* First time Perry tells them to stop looking at each other with googley-eyes across the newsroom.

Umm… Lois *will* stumble over a Page One story in Clark’s bedroom. Might be one for the Whisper or LFI, but still.
Maybe it's on that Caribean island they went to?

PERRY: You went to the islands for your first date? <<nudges Clark>> setting the bar too high, son.

<<fish hitting smilie>>
I knew it was around somewhere. Thank you, Michael. I figured with the fish store and all... very appropriate. clap

Part 6? grovel

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
In an attempt to procrastinate on some RL phone calls:
clap

If not for Clark, for us!
For everyone! laugh

CLARK: I can just imagine what she'd be like on the night she wins her first Pulitzer?
He'll need a month in sunlight to recharge?

JIMMY: Okay, guys, I've got it narrowed down to 20,000 people who bought this type of computer in the Metropolis / Gotham / New York area alone.
Clark: "Well, that's better than the 8 million in NYC alone..." clap

CLARK: *Her* free time and concentration. I've been ready to go since day one.
Even *with* two jobs. wink

Office gossips annoy me too.
I would have wrecked havoc at my last job. <evil grin>

<<bats innocent eyelashes>> Actually all the time. Why? Does it show? <Check out my two recent plot bunnies, I shared on FanFic Challenge Thread. I have more ideas than time, so I like to share.>
Hehehe! I know the feeling!

LOIS: Third date, Clark! This is only our first.
Clark: "So, dinner, movie, dessert? Three events. That counts, right?"

* First kiss on the newsroom floor.
* First time scooped because otherwise occupied.
* First fight
* First time Clark sticks his foot in his mouth and Lois dumps him.
* First time Perry tells them to stop looking at each other with googley-eyes across the newsroom.
laugh

Part 6?
Is up!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
quote:Arthur Chow?

Does Arthur live in town? I don't think they ever said, did they?
No idea. I just figured, ‘funnier than Church’.

Then he fails to blow up Superman.
Bummer, huh?

quote:Doesn’t like a tuna melt sandwich?

With a side of sardines and a shrimp salad and a lobster roll?
The first time Bobby gives tip for free?

The rare rare, and very expensive, Lawson-sushi.
Now with real Wasabi, only for a short time. Only at the restaurant.

quote: And it seemed fishy to Jeff?

You did that just for the halibut, didn't you?
/doesn’t get joke but still grins/

Nah. His great white. Named Fluffy.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No idea. I just figured, ‘funnier than Church’.
Ah! smile

Bummer, huh?
<whistles innocently>

The first time Bobby gives tip for free?
Not quite. He never gave them back the food. He just didn't dive right in.

Now with real Wasabi, only for a short time. Only at the restaurant.
clap

/doesn’t get joke but still grins/
Halibut...hell of it...kinda sound simliar-ish...

No, that’s cruel.
For the island...maybe.

He’s supporting his family back in India?
clap

30 years / life. He’ll be in his late 60s when he gets out with only the money he hid well enough so the state didn’t find it. Possibly living in a hospice. Nah, 5 years suspended, that would be a deal. Plus a fine. Say, 10,000 dollars?
Still, late 60s and he'll still be out. He could still (possibly) live up to 30-40 more years.

Oh dear. /recommends Clark gets subscriptions for little blue pills/
Good thing invulnerable skin can't chafe. dizzy

But…But…this Claude-guy said you were super-easy?
Clark: "Lois? Lois? Where are you going with that scuba gear and lead case?"

Sounds like another possible 101 to me.
OMG! YES!

Umm…first you move, then you do evil deeds, then, finally, the money comes in.
I could work with that. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Aha! I'm almost caught up with my reading!

DC, this was a great little story, but it all happened so quickly? I mean...where do we go from here? Lex got busted right?

...or is there more to the story?

I guess I better get back to work and finish reading everything else!!!!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Morgana:
Aha! I'm almost caught up with my reading!

DC, this was a great little story, but it all happened so quickly? I mean...where do we go from here? Lex got busted right?

...or is there more to the story?

I guess I better get back to work and finish reading everything else!!!!
Lex got busted! laugh There is one more, WAFFy part left. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Halibut...hell of it...kinda sound simliar-ish...
Oh. /goes and cleans right ear/

Still, late 60s and he'll still be out. He could still (possibly) live up to 30-40 more years.
True. But what is he to do? Become a yoga instructor? No, I still vote for suing his lawyer.

Good thing invulnerable skin can't chafe.
wave Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard