Clark and Lois The Lost Years Matchmaker Chronicles Vol 3 46/46

By Ken Janney

This version is rated PG-13

* denotes emphasis *
< denotes thoughts >
[ playback of a recording or TV Commentary]
/ telepathic communications /
(#) footnotes

As always comments are welcome. (ken.janney@kjanney.com)

Reminder:
Universal Locator Designation
Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -120 - Canon Lois and Clark universe also called – Prime
Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 036 – Canon Alt Clark universe also called – Alt 1

Previously:

“When we announced our presence we said we were visitors from New Krypton. My wife has to go back to visit some ailing relatives. She’ll return some time after the baby is delivered. Not too soon after, we don’t want to give too much away.”

“That should do splendidly. Now that I know where you are, do you mind if I drop in occasionally?”

“That would be fine Herb. I do have some questions though. How are the other Lois and Clark? Are they still having trouble conceiving?”

“Well, let’s see, right now it’s also 1993 in their universe and they haven’t even met as yet. I actually don’t think that I’d be giving too much away at this point if I were to tell you that they will be having their first child in 2000. The first of many I might add.”

“How many?”

“I might be giving too much away if I were to answer that particular question. Let’s leave it at this; they will have a long and happy life together as will you. I’ve been to your future and because of your union your universe will achieve utopia in the future. Congratulations my boy and to you my dear. My you live a long and happy life and may your married life be all that you hoped it could be.”

“Are we going to have to deal with Tempus?” Clark asked.

“No, you will not. You will have some major problems to deal with as you have already dealt with Lex Luthor but it will not be anything that you cannot handle on your own. If you see me again it will most likely be a social visit, just checking in as it were or I may be here to recruit your assistance with a problem elsewhere.”

“That will be fine Herb. We’ll look forward to seeing you in the future. Actually, I’m going to request that you give us a visit in a year. Oh, by the way, we live at 348 Hyperion. I liked their house so much we bought it here. The reason for the visit is Lois’ powers. We have been doing some research on them … how Lois acquired them, how they are renewed and especially, if they can be passed on. We are near a resolution of all of our questions. The answers look very promising. At this point I am making the assumption that all of our answers will be what I expect them to be. We’ve discussed it and we would like to enable the other Lois to have the same powers her Clark has. Lois having my powers has, if it were really possible, made us even closer. Now we can share literally everything. We’d like to give that gift to the other Lois.”

“My boy, that is an extremely wonderful gift that you wish to bestow. I will be sure to return in one year and I will do whatever I can to facilitate the process.” Turning to Lois Herb said, “My dear, it has been a pleasure meeting you.” Herb reached for Clark’s hand. “My boy, again, my congratulations and may you enjoy a long married life with Lois.”

Herb pulled out a device from his pocket and entered some coordinates. When he depressed a particular switch a portal opened in the air in front of him. With a final wave to the couple he stepped through and the portal closed behind him.

And now:

Epilogue
TTEMPO Headquarters

Herb stepped through the portal into the receiving area of the lobby of TTEMPO HQ. He looked around and saw the motto that he had insisted be posted over the reception desk. It was emblazoned in gold letters “Only Time Will Tell”. As he was stepping away from the receiving pad he observed Andrus as he was stepping onto an outgoing pad. He thought <Uh oh, I hope he does better on this assignment than he did the last time. Oh well, only time will tell.>

Herb took a tube to his floor and as he approached it his office the door automatically opened for him since it was keyed to his bioelectromagnetic signature. When he entered he hung his bowler hat on the coat rack standing just inside the door. He said “Lights!” and several lamps designed to look like the gas lamps of the late nineteenth or early twentieth century lit up. He walked over to an old fashioned roll top desk and sat down. As he did so the chair actually creaked as it took his weight. He pushed a button on his desk and speaking into the air said “New document.”

A very human sounding voice replied “Working. Will this be a letter, or a journal entry?”

“Journal entry, new book. Title … Universal Locator Designation - Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 040”

“Sub-head: Universe created by survival of Lois Lane from Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 036.”

“Observations:”

“Clark Kent of Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 036 was able to save the Lois of his universe, in doing so Tau 040 was created.”

“Last contact with Clark and Lois of Tau 040 was at Livingstone Falls, Congo, February 28, 1993 sidereal.”

“Clark and Lois know of the change and only think that it’s a change of history. They do not know that they are actually in a newly created universe resulting from Lois’ survival. They are now married and expecting their first child.”

“Lois now possesses a copy of Clark’s powers.”

“Tickle file reminder – at some point I need to go to Tau 040 on February 28, 1994 at 348 Hyperion Avenue to facilitate the transfer of some of the Star Sapphires and a piece of the red Kryptonite to Lorelei Kent in Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -124. Such delivery is to be made in 2084 sidereal. That will ensure that she has the superpowers and it will extend her life so that Clark will not have to lose a second partner and grieve unnecessarily. Another segment is to be delivered to Lois in Prime (Tau -120) in the year 2010 with the stipulation that she pretend that it is her daughter who is performing as Ultra Woman when my 1912 persona shows up in 2031.”

Herb picked up a piece of jewelry from his desk. “Pause entry.”

“Pausing”

[Linked Image]

After several minutes contemplation he said, “Resume. Side note”

“Please continue.”

In a rather musing tone Herb began talking again. “For the record, this mission had a very serendipitous outcome. I hadn’t known until now that this was the source of the Star Sapphire Kryptonite. I’ve known about it for some time as it has been in general use with the Earth-human spouses for hundreds of years, but to see how it all came about … it’s thrilling. In my hand is a pendent which had been worn by one of the Earth-human spouses.”

“Imbedded within this pendent is a piece of the Star Sapphire blue Kryptonite and a chip of the red Kryptonite which supercharges it. Through a series of tests Clark of Tau 040 with the help of his best friend Pete Ross at S. T. A. R. labs determined just how much, by carat weight, of the Star Sapphire Kryptonite needed to be worn by the Earth-human spouse to acquire superpowers when the sapphire K was exposed to the red K. Each pendent exceeds those minimums with a safety margin.”

“The Superman foundation had the pendants manufactured by a shop in the Congo. That shop is the shop that created the original jewelry set for the Lois of Tau 040. The real pendants are made of Sterling Silver. Pete found that gold, which had a molecular weight and density very close to that of lead, would block enough of the radiation as to make it ineffective. The Superman Foundation also commissioned cheap, plated, replicas to be made for general sale. Millions of the replicas had been sold so no one thinks twice about anyone seen wearing one and only the members of the family know that the additional supermen and superwomen are in fact the Earth-human spouses being given powers through the gems.”

“There was no hazard associated with any of the ‘real’ pendants falling into the wrong hands since the powers are only given to those individuals that through close association with the Kryptonian–human members of the Kent clan now have been genetically modified by the exposure to the Kryptonian aura and now have a hybrid, purple, aura. They are still numbered for identification purposes and a GPS beacon installed so that they can be traced if lost or stolen.”

“Return to tickle file reminder.”

“Please proceed.”

“The timing is critical. My 1912 self visited them in early 2031 and my 1912 self visited in 2000. Too much information too soon is not a good thing. Reminder to be given to my 1917 or later self. They need to keep my earlier personas in the dark about this until my 1917 or later self actually deliver the gems myself. End reminder.”

“Reminder noted. What trigger?”

“The trigger will be when my 1917 or later self has been in the office for a period of no less than three days without a mission. End trigger. Continue journal entry.”

“Please proceed.”

“A brief excursion into the future in Tau 040 revealed that as a result of having Clark’s powers Lois Lane will now age at the same rate as the Clark of that universe. Hers is the first documented case of life extension through the use of the Star Sapphire Kryptonite which now is generally in use thanks to their discovery. I did not follow through to the end of her life however I did move forward to the year 2230 sidereal and she and Clark were both still actively performing super deeds.”

“Side note: The result of Lois having Clark’s powers has been very similar to the result of Prime Lois’ body becoming sensitized to a Kryptonian aura. By the time I visited in 2131 they had had a number of children. A check at a later time revealed that all in all they will have a total of fifty three children. The greater number of children is attributable to the fact that their first child was to be delivered in 1993 sidereal whereas Lois in Prime didn’t have her first child until year 2000 sidereal.”

“Side note 2: The problem of Clark Kent of Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 036 still exists. That will need to be the next project. This situation will require significant intervention and may require some novel steps be taken in order to prevent the creation of yet another new universe. There will be some prep work required prior to this intervention.”

“End entry”

<I’ll need to discuss options with some of the department heads before I act. This is going to be a unique problem which will require an equally unique solution. Time for that later. I think I’ll take a nap.> He got up out of the chair and moved to a side wall. A door opened automatically. He stepped through and said “Office lights off.” The office lights went out. “Bedroom lights on half power.” Dim light flooded the space. Herb took off his jacket and hung it over a butler and kicking his shoes off stretched out on a day bed. <We know that all Clarks are attracted to Lois to some extent or other. Mostly to a significant degree. I should be able to capitalize on that fact to provide the resolution to this problem.> He spoke out loud “Note!”

“Working. Letter or Journal entry?”

“Addenda to previous entry.”

“Working.”

“Use Clark’s attraction to Lois as a lever to resolve the problem. End entry.”

“Recorded.”

comments go here

The End

To be continued in the sequel - Clark and Lois – Despair to Hope – Matchmaker Chronicles Volume 4

A/N:
Sidereal (pronounced sai’diera.el) time is a universal constant based upon the movement of the planets and stars. Primarily used by astronomers. In my L&C universe (this and other stories to come) it will be used. Because in other stories I will be having events occur ‘out of sequence’ with the L&C universe of the series but the ST or UT will provide the touchstone.

The multiverses are separated from each other primarily by their vibratory state expressed as 3 vectors. Imaging a cube having 3 dimensions – length, width and height. The vectors used to express the vibratory rate and direction represents the directions of the vibrations. Imagine 3 vectors each perpendicular to the other 2. The closer the 3 vectors are to each other in total indicates the relationship of one universe to another. For instance universe: Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 040 would be more closely related to and in fact an offshoot of Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 036 (Alt 1) than Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -120 (Prime) as can be seen by the similarities in the Gamma and Tau values..

The creation of universes within the multiverse occurs when an inflection point is reached. There are certain ‘key’ individuals who when their circumstances have 2 possible outcomes causes a disturbance in the space/time continuum which results in 2 or more universes being added to the multiverse. The number of possible outcomes determines the actual number of universes created each having it own unique vibratory signature. In all cases the variation in the vibratory change will be just sufficient for a complete differentiation to occur. In the event of multiple ‘new’ universes being created simultaneously they will automatically assume vibratory rates sufficiently diverse so that no overlap occurs. To date there have been few ‘key’ individuals identified which will bring about this development. The establishment of Utopia and those circumstances which cause it to be delayed seem to be the critical factor which causes this to be the case. In this particular instance the first split recorded in this story occurs when Lois becomes pregnant without developing the sensitivity to Clark’s aura which slows her aging process and manifested itself when the aura of her first child made itself apparent. The fundamental rule which seems to apply to the multiverses is that the shortest path to the objective is that straight line path that is followed. The straight line path being Lois’s increased longevity and birthing a rather significant number of half Kryptonian children thus hastening the foundation of Utopia. This being the straight line path, any inflection point will result in a universe wherein the foundation of Utopia will be delayed.

Footnotes
1) Si tu veux de moi (tr: If You Want Me)

2) Qui Saura (tr: Who Will Know)

3) Singapore Sling http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore_Sling
4) Lady marmalade:
)
5) Ou Es Tu (Or are You)

6) Dance Me to the End of Love

Dance Me to the End of Love live performance

7) A loose quote from Spock in “City on the Edge of Forever” Star Trek TOS.

To be continued in The Epilogue

Last edited by KenJ; 04/30/14 03:17 AM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj