Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#88897 08/14/12 02:53 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks to everyone who read this story, particularly those who left comments. smile

Corrina. wave

#88898 08/14/12 05:15 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh sweet waffy sighs... Loved it! Mason's sister was a nice touch! I loved Mrs McCready! And what a sweet ending. Happy sigh....

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#88899 08/14/12 06:35 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yay! New part! hyper Boo! Last part! clap

It was time to celebrate that love.
Ooooh!

Mrs McCreadie smiled. She hadn't seen that nice reporter, Lois Lane, since the day the murderer had been arrested. Flowers were definitely a good sign. Mrs McCreadie eagerly stood from her chair and peered out of the window.
clap

She had achieved exactly the message she wanted.

A woman did not dress like this for a friend.

A woman dressed like this for one man. One very special man.
clap

Clark shyly extended the single - perfect - rose.
Awwwww!

"I … I only have one heart, and …"

Lois waited.

"… it's yours."
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! <um, hope I'm not getting too repetitive here>

"I'm hoping it will say the things I have been so slow to say. That I need you. That you're my best friend. That I want to be with you every day of my life." A smile touched his lips. "That I have been in love with you for a very long time."
laugh

"I thought Superman could take me to any restaurant in the world and we could bring our food back here for an intimate meal for two."
Hehe!

"I told Superman that my mom was in rehab. I never told Clark. But Clark said she was in the best place where they could help her."

Clark's mouth fell open. "You were testing me?" he said. "*That's* why you suddenly wanted to talk about your week away?"
Ooooooooooh!

"Are you asking if I can love a man who is two people?"

"I'm asking if you can love me, Clark Kent. That's all I want."

"Yes," she declared. "I love you, Clark." She grinned. "And I can love Superman, too."
clap

He just kept on grinning at her, looking happy and carefree and ridiculously pleased with himself.
Hehehehehe!

She tasted him, becoming familiar in a new and exhilarating way with the mouth whose smile had brightened her world so many times.
Oooh! Love this.

Wonderfully WAFFy ending to this tale. Brava! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#88900 08/14/12 07:32 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I can think of only one word to sum up this entire story.... PERFECT!

"I told Superman that my mom was in rehab. I never told Clark. But Clark said she was in the best place where they could help her."

Clark's mouth fell open. "You were testing me?" he said. "*That's* why you suddenly wanted to talk about your week away?"
Clever! I missed that!

Can hardly wait for your next story!! smile

Cheers
Elizabeth

#88901 08/14/12 08:39 PM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Great story and great epilogue, Corrina! wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
#88902 08/15/12 07:14 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Other than having received the standard greeting as he'd entered the church, no one had spoken to him or acknowledged his presence.
frown

A week has passed
[…]
They had both slipped back from the edge - back to the ease and familiarity of being friends and partners.
Hey! hyper

"Mayson was never a person to take a hint," her sister said with a sad smile. "You had to be blunt or she just continued on, happily believing that everyone was in the place she had designated for them."
clap

She quickly tidied the few stray objects lying around her apartment and then set her table with a lacy cloth, candles, her plates with the hand-painted roses, her best silver, and two wine glasses.
Hmm… /squints eyes/

Then, she went to search her wardrobe for her most romantic, most alluring outfit.
Oooooh! The black one from the almost first date? The harem one? Lipstick?

As she watched, Mr Kent, carrying a bunch of mixed flowers and dressed in a black suit and a smart charcoal overcoat, walked under her window and let himself into his apartment.
Why is he bringing flowers back home?

Mrs McCreadie smiled. She hadn't seen that nice reporter, Lois Lane, since the day the murderer had been arrested.
I’m wondering. Did she see Lois leave? Or is it possible that Clark has her locked up in his apartment?

He smiled. He pushed forward the bunch of flowers he was holding.
Oh. Awwwwwww…

Clark slipped his other hand from his overcoat pocket and offered her a tin. "This is for Pannikin," he said. "The label says it's 'gourmet fish'."
clap

His smile was endearingly self-conscious - if Mrs McCreadie had been twenty-five years younger, she probably would have invited him in and locked the door. If she'd been fifteen years younger, she might have considered it.
Yeah, but has she seen Lois in action? Then again, she is the better shot evil

"Clark. These are lovely, but please … I'm not the person you should be giving flowers to."
Just what Clark needs. A good kick in the rear end.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#88903 08/15/12 07:18 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"She deserves better than that. She … she risked her life, for me. Without you …" He cleared this throat and studied his shoes.
He does realize that his argument’s flawed, right?

"Has she ever disappointed you?" Mrs McCreadie asked.

His nod was barely perceptible.
smile1

Lois twirled her hand in a circular motion. Superman spun, and a second later,
hyper What a great ending to a great story, Corrina. Of course, now the inevitable question is where will you take us next?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

#88904 08/15/12 09:40 AM
Kerth
Kerth
hyper clap Yay!!!!!!!!! This was the perfect, WAFFy way to conclude an otherwise WHAMmy fic! I love, love, loved this story! Can't believe it's done, but it was so fantastic, I'm glad it is! You must write more, maybe not to this, but just write more in general. Excellent job! Loved Mrs. Mccreadie by the way. Such a sweet old lady. smile

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#88905 08/18/12 08:13 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
What a wonderful epilogue, Corrina! smile1 Too long without any FH fic is difficult to survive without severe withdrawal symptoms. dizzy Before you started posting Accused I'd read Aussie Rules for the 10th time. :p Please, don't keep us waiting too long. grovel

KateB
#88906 08/19/12 04:16 AM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Well done. Very deft handling of an original and difficult plot.

Being a Lois-centric type I really liked how you handled her. It was absolutely correct for Lois to believe in Clark's innocence absolutely, even when many of his other 'friends' doubted.

Obviously there was going to be no way for Lois to get to the bottom of the situation without finding out that Clark was Superman, but that was alright. We all love a good reveal.

I guess all's well that ends well... unless Tempus decides to come back and kidnap Lois so Clark doesn't have her help to prove his innocence.

Looking forward to the next effort.

Tank (who believes that Corrina must have forgotten to include a nice short haircut for Lois)

#88907 08/25/12 10:42 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was the best of all possible epilogues.

Mrs. McCreadle - very cool neighbor

Henderson confused by Lois' blather? Do not bet your life on it. He was pounding a beat, long before Ms. Lane started writing for the Planet. The man can smell a cover-up a mile off.

I feel for the Langs, but not for their daughter.

Mayson's sister was a class act...just like Mayson.

The final scene in Lois' apartment says it all:

When they eased apart, breathless and a little overawed, it was done. They had moved beyond friendship and into the dawn of something new. Something beautiful. Something strong. Something everlasting.

They were in love.
Thanks for a satisfying mystery and a crackling good read. I hope the boards are graced with your writings again...soon!
wave

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#88908 09/01/12 10:11 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Laura I don't like unhappy endings. For me, the gist of the story is how to get them out of a mess. It seems we agree, Laura. smile

DC

Hmmm, somehow, I thought she would have gone, if for no other reason than to be there for Clark.
Agree that Clark would have loved to have Lois there with him, but how might it have looked to Mayson's family? In reality, Clark has chosen Lois over Mayson. I wanted him to know that they didn't hold him responsible for what happened, but he didn't know that before going to the funeral.

Elizabeth Before 'testing' Clark, Lois had only intuition as her basis for what she believed. She wanted to know for sure.

(And I've often thought how difficult it must be for Clark to remember what Superman knows and Clark doesn't and vice versa.)

Sydney I needed Mrs McCreadie to be nosy, but I still wanted her to be likeable. I figured that, as a cop's wife in a small town, she would have been very involved (in a nice way) in everyone's lives. When her husband died and she moved to Metropolis, she continued her interest in her neighbourhood.

Michael

Or is it possible that Clark has her locked up in his apartment?
Now *that* would be a whole new story!

Of course, now the inevitable question is where will you take us next?
It won't be the US!! I'm working on two stories - my (late blush ) summer ficathon story and something else that has Goo quite excited. Neither are set in LnC's home country.

Mouserocks

WAFFy way to conclude an otherwise WHAMmy fic
Nice way to put it!

Kate You're read AR *ten* times?!

As mentioned above, I am working on something that has Goo a bit jump . I can't give any predictions as to when it might hit the boards. I have to get the summer ficathon story written first.

Tank I've read so few of the stories on the Archive that I always hope no one will say 'hey, this is just like ...', so it's nice to be told my plot was original.

Sorry about the lack of haircut. I gave Lana a haircut, but I'm guessing that doesn't suffice!

Morgana

Henderson confused by Lois' blather? Do not bet your life on it. He was pounding a beat, long before Ms. Lane started writing for the Planet. The man can smell a cover-up a mile off.
Very true, but Lois has a couple of super-powers of her own - blathering is one of them!!

Thanks again to everyone who endured the irregular posts and kept going to the end of the story. I always love hearing your thoughts.

Corrina.

#88909 09/02/12 09:04 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Corrina, I believe I read AR 8 times. blush I love going back to my favourite books/stories just for the pleasure of reading. laugh

KateB
#88910 09/02/12 11:50 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Agree that Clark would have loved to have Lois there with him, but how might it have looked to Mayson's family? In reality, Clark has chosen Lois over Mayson. I wanted him to know that they didn't hold him responsible for what happened, but he didn't know that before going to the funeral.
To get technical, Mayson chose Clark. Clark was never all that interested in her, as anything more than a friend. Also, Lois just saved Clark's bacon AND found Mayson's real killer. Plus, she was also a professional aquiantance of Mayson's, if not an actual friend. So I would think her not going to the funeral might look worse than her showing up. I would think the family would want to thanks Lois for making sure the right person went to prison for killing Mayson.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#88911 09/03/12 10:22 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
quote: Or is it possible that Clark has her locked up in his apartment?

Now *that* would be a whole new story!
It won't be the US!! I'm working on two stories - my (late [Embarrassed] ) summer ficathon story and something else that has Goo quite excited. Neither are set in LnC's home country.
hyper Looking forward to it, Corrina!

wave Michael

#88912 09/21/12 04:37 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You once again sucked me into your story and I blissfully spent the afternoon catching up on all 15 parts and the Epilogue. I have found with your stories it's better to read them all at once because the anticipation between parts is too painful to stand the wait. wink blush (Plus, I know that I'll not want to do anything else once I've started reading... oh, look, I should have made dinner by now. Oooops.)

Beautifully done. You made us sympathetic for both Lana and Mayson, understanding where they came from without making them 100% likeable. A very hard accomplishment. clap Well done. I had heard about Lana accusing Clark of fathering her child (which I thought was the accusation of this story), so when Mayson was found dead you really caused my clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#88913 11/09/12 01:56 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
So...sorry I didn't leave feedback on the last parts, but I couldn't stop reading. And I wanted to quote some of my favorite parts, but as I continued to read I suddenly realized that I'd be copying and pasting the entire last several chapters here. So just know that everything was perfect. A really beautiful story that highlighted the strengths and qualities of both Lois and Clark, which makes for the best stories!

Thanks for sharing!

#88914 11/11/12 09:33 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
So... this story consumed the rest of my Sunday afternoon. laugh

And now that my eyes are happily bleary, let me say well done! thumbsup

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#88915 11/11/12 09:35 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
So... this story consumed the rest of my Sunday afternoon. laugh

And now that my eyes are happily bleary, let me say well done! thumbsup

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#88916 11/15/12 12:18 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Kate Eight times is still eek Although I know what you mean - I enjoy re-reading old favourites, too.

DC You make good points. I think Clark would have felt that Lois's presence at the funeral would have been too much like flaunting his new relationship. Remember, before he went, he didn't know how Mayson's family would receive him. In retrospect, it would have been OK to have Lois with him, but he didn't know that when he had to make the decision.

Virginia I think some stories are well suited to the 'a part every few days' format, but others are much better read as a whole. This one definitely fits into the latter category.

I'm glad I was able to convey some understanding for Lois and Mayson. As in the show, Mayson didn't do much wrong, other than liking a guy we all like!! As I said early in the story, her main deficiency was simply that she isn't Lois laugh

Anti-K So glad you enjoyed the ending.

MM Thanks for the comments. I enjoy it when Lois saves Clark (as compared to Superman saving Lois.)

Thanks (somewhat belatedly) to everyone who read and commented. I guess I should do a final edit and get this to the archives.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard