OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Interesting comparison between Nor and the English to describe the American Declaration of Independence.

My, um, Jon isn't shy about letting this stranger and government official (Trey) know every little detail of his relationship with Jen, is he? I recognized much of this story from the Matchmaker Chronicals, although there was a bit more here than I think Jon would say or Trey might want to hear. I know I'd feel uncomfortable if someone I just met came up to me and told me how his or her body reacted when first meeting his or her spouse. Of course, Jon *is* a scientist, not a writer, like his folks, so maybe isn't embarrassed by these details.

I'm glad New Krypton is considering changing away from the infant marriage pair bonding. clap

Let's see if the oldest grandchild is about to turn 14 and the youngest has only just been announced, how many grandchildren do Lois and Clark have at this point? dizzy I do remember that they had quite a few once all things were said and done.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Thanks for the FDK!

Jon was emphasizing the strength of the connection to convince Trey and the other Elders of the veracity of the pair bond felt by the soul mates. If you recall the pair bonding ceremony was only the first step the second being the marriage bed. He wanted Trey to know that the desire to consummate the pair bond was there.

One more to go and there just might be some surprises in store. Sixteen days, I think I can do it.

kj
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, what have you set up for part 8? Or should I say ‘who’?

The conversation with Trey would require some additional thought before he actually answered the questions he had asked.
Establishing a penal colony for incorrigible New Kryptonian’s in Antarctica? I’m sure there’s nothing that could ever go wrong with that.

They have been locked in to tradition and arranging marriages for their children, but, after what happened with me and your mom and between me and Zara and more recently with Sam and Alice, they are thinking of changing things.”
So, they’re going to use soul-detectors to find bond-mates?

“The first time we had any problems with our system was with your father and Lady Zara.
Sounds like they have a pretty good system. Why change it?

They were both rather strong willed individuals and even though they were life partners from birth they chose to abandon custom and go their own way.
Also, I’m guessing usually they’re not separated at birth but kept close together?

I might liken it to what happened with Nor. He tried to userp the rightful ruler’s authority which caused a civil war.
So, George Washington is Lord Nor and Thomas Jefferson is Jen May? That’s not going to help making the New Kryptonian’s feel sympathetic to the US.

That didn’t happen here.
/imagines a duel between Washington and King George (?)

This country announced its intention of throwing off the yoke of the parent country which led to a war. We celebrate the day that this declaration was signed as the day a new nation was born.
/imagines Trey hearing ‘we celebrate the day our nation went to war against their parent nation’/ This is *so* not going to help.

“One thing that all of the Kent women have in common is their feminine form.
Umm…Jon?

Dad was scandalized, but, there wasn’t a whole lot her could do because Mom joined in with them by wearing a bikini every bit as skimpy as her daughters.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the FDK!

Yes, after her freshman year when they became engaged she was brought in on the family secret so she knew where to direct her anger at the death of her parents. It took her a while to get over it and realize that even super beings can't be everywhere and save everyone all the time.

I have about sixteen days to get the final story done.

There will be some surprises in it.

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, after her freshman year when they became engaged she was brought in on the family secret so she knew where to direct her anger at teh death of her parents. It took her a while to get over it and realize that even super beings can't be everywhere and save everyone all the time.
Ah yes. I guess they helped in their own way with the five stages of grief.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Michael,

This was a special circumstance. The anger phase lasted longer because she had a focus for her anger. It took a while for her to get past it.

He had to be patient and supportive through that time.

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwww wave Michael

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Special note:

My beta reader is back from vacation and has part nine. Look for it in a few days.

It has been posted.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard