Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmm… no, I don’t think I’ll manage #32’s FDK before Virginia’s awake again. Damn. Stupid distractions.
whinging One teasing remark...

Oooooh! Lex. (famous last words, having already started reading #32)
devil

/points at gutter/
[Linked Image]

Ah. Well, once he figures out what the smell is?
Lex = devilsplat

Only in Ep1, and he had no idea about POVs back then.
Details. Details.

And shouldn’t that be ‘her’ life?
Um... No. It will take him HIS lifetime to make it up to her.

Aaaahhh… The loophole.
That and Clark's basically a good guy. I mean, come on, he crossed his fingers when telling Lois that he wasn't in love with her at the end of S1. Who DOES that?!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
X
Blogger
Blogger
X
“Great,” she grumbled, lifting her left hand to try to brush it away. As soon as her hand touched her bicep, a dull pain radiated throughout her arm. “Ow!” she yelped, more from surprise than anything and probably louder than she should have. She wondered why her arm stung from Menken’s blood.
That’s because it’s your blood!! frown

She spun around and focused her intense gaze on Lex. “You shot me?”
Just try to talk your way out of this one, Lex.

“I wasn’t in any danger until you shot me!” Lois repeated.
laugh

“Because you know you can’t leave Menken under the watchful eyes of John Wayne over there,” Lois said
Yes, he might not be alive when you get back

She had been shot and Superman had landed next to her not five seconds later. Those were five seconds she was sure he would never let go of. Five seconds he would review in that super memory of his, over and over, torturing himself with them, letting them keep him from sleep.
frown

At one point, she had thought Lex had been more concerned that he wouldn’t get blamed for shooting her than he was for actually shooting her. She shook her head. No, that couldn’t be right. He was probably just in shock. He couldn’t really be that cold, could he?
Yep. He could be that cold

Of course, if she stopped dating him now she would seem petty for blaming him for shooting her. Ugh. Well, he did shoot her.
That’s a valid reason, I could think of worse.

Well, he had finally made Lois want to have nothing to do with Superman. It only took her being shot and him being late by three seconds.
That’s not what she meant xD

Yes, the ocean was looking more and more tempting.
Drop ‘em both. Who would really miss them?

“It was an accident,” Luthor reiterated, this time to the policeman. “I was aiming my gun at Max Menken and she… Ms. Lane turned and knocked the gun out of his hand. My gun discharged accidentally...”
Sure it did…

“Really? I thought a train took off my arm,” she teased. How could he not love her? Cracking jokes through her tears.

“A bullet train?” he suggested, and then bit his tongue. That had been in poor taste.

Lois groaned. He had to agree; his joke had been lame.
laugh

“Don’t beat yourself up, Clark,” she scolded. “Even Superman arrived too late.”
Not helping your case, Lois.

He could hear Tommy Garrison’s magnified voice echoing through the air as the boxer continued to call to him. “Superman! Suuuuuppp-eeeer-man!” Garrison scoffed. “He’s not a super man, he’s a super chicken. Bawk, bawk, bawk…” the man squawked.
Give it up already, he’s not coming!

It was nice to have someone around who would do anything for her. Frankly, at this moment, she felt like being pampered, loved, and held. Superman couldn’t do that, not in public anyway. Lois knew that was a job for Clark Kent.
smile

A wistful smile graced his lips. “Then the next best woman for me.”

“What happened to number one?” Lois asked.

He shrugged. “She ran off and married some other guy.”

“B*tch,” she said, tightening her hand in his.
laugh

“Distract me,” Lois whispered, trying to push her anger away. She could feel his warm breath on her cheek, and if he kissed her at this moment, she wouldn’t have the power to resist.

Clark moved so that his cheek brushed against hers. She could feel his lips moving across her face. “Any ideas?”
laugh

She glanced down at her right arm in a sling. “I beg to differ there, Chuck. Right now, I’d say I
type about one word an hour. You type, what? Two-hundred words a minute? Anyway, hadn’t we established that I’m never wrong?”

Clark smiled that smile she loved; the one where he thought she had complimented him, even when she hadn’t. “When did ‘never being wrong’ morph into I have to give you whatever you want?”

Oh, he better not even try that. Lois swallowed. “When I got shot.”
rotflol
She nodded, allowing him his space. “Come back to me.”

A smile brushed his lips and his eyes met hers. “Always.” It wasn’t just a word, it was a promise.
smile

A happier ending than the last chapter! wink

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
One teasing remark...
[Linked Image] There There. It’s not you. It’s Microsoft. They released some new shiny stuff and I got distracted. Imagine Jimmy seeing a buxom girl while being tasked with gophering something.

Um... No. It will take him HIS lifetime to make it up to her.
But but, she’ll be dead by then and how can he thus make it up to– oh. Okay, so, he can get a fresh start with Lori and hopefully not mess it up again?

quote: Aaaahhh… The loophole.

That and Clark's basically a good guy. I mean, come on, he crossed his fingers when telling Lois that he wasn't in love with her at the end of S1. Who DOES that?!
But he *did* love her.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
X Phile: It took Lois a minute to realize that she had been shot.

Just try to talk your way out of this one, Lex.
LEX: I tried, but Lois just wouldn't see reason.

You should know by now that nothing is ever her fault
Lex isn't allowed access to the Lois Lane Handbook .

You’ll mess up your fancy suit. Is it hard to get blood out of spandex? I’d think so…
clap Mrs. Cox? Tommy Garrison?

Not helping your case, Lois.
Also canon dialogue.

Give it up already, he’s not coming!
Nope, he's not. He does in canon, but this isn't canon Clark. Of course canon Clark had to see Lois walk off with her "hero" Lex, so fighting / punching Garrison probably felt good. Alt-Clark gets to walk off with Lois, so why in the world would he ditch her to deal with the cyborg Garrison?

A happier ending than the last chapter!
Not all my cliffies are bad cliffies. And I did try to make the Lois gets shot cliffy obvious that she wasn't critically shot, because she was able to stay on her feet.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Microsoft? Really? They still around? peep Just joking. laugh

But but, she’ll be dead by then and how can he thus make it up to– oh. Okay, so, he can get a fresh start with Lori and hopefully not mess it up again?
Wouldn't it be horrible if Lois was reincarnated as a "Linda"?

But he *did* love her.
TRUE! But he didn't cross his fingers when telling her about the 'Cheese of the Month Club', now did he?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wouldn't it be horrible if Lois was reincarnated as a "Linda"?
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I just love that Lex shoots Lois. It is the best development ever. He is so trying to negotiate things to make himself the hero that it backfires, literally. That is the scene in the first season, pre-fly hard I hated the most, so I just have to say I love, love, love the redo.

On rereading that I know it looks bad, but I think this is a much better development. I do think that Clark is a lunk-head for not telling Lois that Menken accused Lex of being behind the whole thing. I guess he could only know that as Superman, but he probably could fuge the details enough to make it work. OK, maybe not yet, but soon.

I think Clark is wise to open up to Lois. Now he just has to hope she never goes to Smallville to investigate.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I just love that Lex shoots Lois. It is the best development ever. He is so trying to negotiate things to make himself the hero that it backfires, literally. That is the scene in the first season, pre-fly hard I hated the most, so I just have to say I love, love, love the redo.
Thank you. [Linked Image] That episode, though important character wise, always annoyed me too. /See Requiem Episode discussion thread for more of my complaints. wink /

On rereading that I know it looks bad, but I think this is a much better development. I do think that Clark is a lunk-head for not telling Lois that Menken accused Lex of being behind the whole thing. I guess he could only know that as Superman, but he probably could fuge the details enough to make it work. OK, maybe not yet, but soon.

I think Clark is wise to open up to Lois. Now he just has to hope she never goes to Smallville to investigate.
Clark knows better than to tell Lois important stuff that would make her go after a story as opposed to going to a hospital. (or at least he's learning to).

EDIT: Yes, Clark realizes it's time to open up a little about himself.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I agree with the assesment of how alt-Clark feels for canon Lois. If I remember correctly she kisses him on the lips when he first sees him, and then he has to explain to Lana that he has no idea who this lady who came up and kissed him was.

I am not sure if Lois realizes he is not her Clark at that point, but since he looks exactly like him, and acts mainly like him, it is not too surprising a reaction, especially if she is not sure she will ever go back to where she came from.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
"He doesn't know that she's an exact copy of the woman he fell in love with (the woman who made him Superman)."

This has come through load and clear in the story, and is one of the most fun things about it. Clark keeps thinking "this Lois is so much harder to get through to than the one that other Clark dealt with. He was so lucky, his Lois was so kind, caring, loving, supportive, understanding and never loved Superman while hating Clark." The truth that we all know is that alt-Clark just had the good fortune of dealing with canon Lois after she had spent 2+ years being changed by interacting with Clark. He does not know about Luthor, or Scardino, or their first adventure with Tempus, or so much more. Of course, canon Clark may have had it a bit easier having his parents to turn to, but he got plenty of whams from Lois like "I love you like a brother".

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I agree with the assesment of how alt-Clark feels for canon Lois. If I remember correctly she kisses him on the lips when he first sees him, and then he has to explain to Lana that he has no idea who this lady who came up and kissed him was.
This is correct.

I am not sure if Lois realizes he is not her Clark at that point, but since he looks exactly like him, and acts mainly like him, it is not too surprising a reaction, especially if she is not sure she will ever go back to where she came from.
Yes, I was a bit confused on her motivation with the kiss as well. I'm thinking when Wells told her they were in another dimension in which she was killed, she got confused and thought it was *after* she and Clark had met / become friendly.

"He doesn't know that she's an exact copy of the woman he fell in love with (the woman who made him Superman)."

This has come through load and clear in the story, and is one of the most fun things about it. Clark keeps thinking "this Lois is so much harder to get through to than the one that other Clark dealt with. He was so lucky, his Lois was so kind, caring, loving, supportive, understanding and never loved Superman while hating Clark." The truth that we all know is that alt-Clark just had the good fortune of dealing with canon Lois after she had spent 2+ years being changed by interacting with Clark. He does not know about Luthor, or Scardino, or their first adventure with Tempus, or so much more. Of course, canon Clark may have had it a bit easier having his parents to turn to, but he got plenty of whams from Lois like "I love you like a brother".
I'm glad you enjoy that little joke in my story. evil Won't he be embarrassed when / if he ever discovers the truth? [Linked Image]

This time Lois whams alt-Clark with similar but different actions, like "You can be my pretend boyfriend, while Superman and I secretly date." (quotes are for dialogue purposes as this is not a direct quote).

Actually, I do believe Wells told Clark about Tempus... <Checks back> Ah, yes. Sorry, this is from the Epilogue of Another Lois... but I don't believe has any spoilers on that story...
Another Lois Epilogue:
I’ve always wanted what every man wants: a wife, a family, a home, stability. I feel like, in one foul swoop, Tempus erased my future.” Clark’s hands were in fists as he paced his living room in barely controlled frustration.

Wells turned to face him. “I truly am sorry, my boy,” he apologized with a frown.

Clark knocked the apology out of the air. “It’s not your fault.”

“Oh, but it is,” Wells corrected him. “I am the one who brought Tempus back from the future in the first place.” An expression of disbelief splashed across Clark’s features as the time-traveler launched into the tale of what had happened during his first journey into the future. “So, Clark, I’ve spent, off and on, the last…” Wells looked up to the ceiling in thought. “… almost eighteen years, trying to fix that one error…” He sighed. “… trying to keep Utopia as I had first seen it alive.”
Just ignore Clark's misuse of the 'fell swoop' idiom. wink

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“You need to take both of them in to police for questioning.
I think it should be "the police". It could also be "to the police".

“What’s it going to take for you to judge the man on the facts?” she retorted, not wanting to defend Lex at the moment, but also not wanting Clark go off chasing windmills.
I believe it should be "Clark to go".

He was from small town in Kansas, he had loved and lost, he had traveled extensively, and his father was dead.
I think it should say "from a small". Alternatively you could say "from small town Kansas".

Clark swallowed down his emotions and returned his face to façade of normalcy. “Do you need help, Lois?” he asked, standing up and moving to the back of her wheelchair.
I think that should be "to a facade". I guess it might work as "to its facade" but you need some sort of word between to and facade.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“You need to take both of them in to police for questioning.
I think it should be "the police". It could also be "to the police".

“What’s it going to take for you to judge the man on the facts?” she retorted, not wanting to defend Lex at the moment, but also not wanting Clark go off chasing windmills.
I believe it should be "Clark to go".

He was from small town in Kansas, he had loved and lost, he had traveled extensively, and his father was dead.
I think it should say "from a small". Alternatively you could say "from small town Kansas".

Clark swallowed down his emotions and returned his face to façade of normalcy. “Do you need help, Lois?” he asked, standing up and moving to the back of her wheelchair.
I think that should be "to a facade". I guess it might work as "to its facade" but you need some sort of word between to and facade.
Thanks. sloppy All fixed.

VirginiaR.
---
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard