Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Karen Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Wow, that is so great. I really hadn't thought of journalists getting fan mail, but I can see it happening. And Clark is definitely the type of person who respond to all of the letters, AND keep up with all of his readers. Great story. laugh

BTW, feedback is a labour of love for us, too. You keep writing, we'll keep responding! :p

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awwww. What a nice tribute to readers and feedback givers! I love how you played on the ambiguity of the word "stories", between what it means for Lois and Clark and what it means for us FoLCs. And clap

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
OK, it's official. Wendy is hereby dubbed "Queen of Fabulous".

What a wonderful, sweet thing. Thank you so much, Wendy, for putting into words exactly what I would want to say to all of the FoLC's out there who read our stories and take the time to post feedback.

I can honestly say that I attribute this message board for launching my writing career - wherever that ends up taking me. I scrounged up the courage to post my first ever story right on these boards, having shared it with absolutely no one except myself. And because of the wonderful support I received, I gained the confidence to really spread my wings and try to make a go of writing.

So thank you. For the friendly place to hang out. For the wonderful people I've met from all over a world that I've discovered is so much more alike than it is different.

You all are the greatest!
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Columnist
Columnist
Wonderful vignette, Wendy! This was beautiful.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy,

Absolutely incredible. Very touching--so like them--and so like you!!!!!

I want to add my thanks to everyone--writers, readers, posters--to each and every folc. This is a great group of people who provide inspiration, sustenance and joy for all of us to share.

Barb.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Awwww, thank you, Wendy! smile That was very sweet vignette. It's a great idea to compare the stories Lois and Clark write to what we do here. In a way it's the same, especially with the feedback.

Just make sure you and all the writers here continue writing all the excellent stuff. Without you, there's nothing for us to post feedback on! smile

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Kerth
Kerth
mecry

Thanks Wendy!!

But I'd like to add many thanks to all the people that makes a story see the light, nagging, helping with suggestions, as well as the BRs and of course all the wonderful writers that are out there laugh

“There are so many more, too. Carolyn’s in Peru. Raquel’s from Brazil. There’s José in Spain, who writes very regularly - actually, he’s one of the few men who writes to us. And Cristina too - she’s also Spanish. I’m not sure, but I think she and José might have something going on.” He grinned.
What's this? eek

Here too? :rolleyes:

Jose :p

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Beautiful and funny. [Linked Image]

“Oh, they’re from all over the world,” he told her, a grin splitting his face. “Lots of them are from the States, as you’d expect, but from all over. And there’s somebody from Puerto Rico - she writes all the time. She’s very funny - her letters are always full of threats of what she’ll do to us if she doesn’t see another story from us very soon. If we haven’t had anything in the paper for about a week she emails me and puts these little icons of marching men with pikes in the email.”

Lois shook her head, laughing. “She sounds crazy!”

“Naah. She’s great. Maria’s a terrific lady and a great supporter of our work. I’m sure you’d love her.”
huh rotflol rotflol

MAF [Linked Image]

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Awww! This was very sweet, Wendy! smile1

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, this was a really sweet story, and a nice way to thank everyone who gives feedback! I was suprised to find my name in there, considering I've been so busy lately and haven't had much time to read stories or write feedback, but thanks!

*Blayne*

Clark: You are really high maintenance, you know it?
Lois: But I'm worth it.

Clark: Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?
Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I hope that this short story goes some way towards expressing my own appreciation of all your kind, helpful, encouraging and constructively critical comments. Fanfic would soon have fizzled out if it wasn’t for the FoLCs who take the time to tell writers that they’ve enjoyed what they’ve read.
Amen to that! thumbsup

What a sweet, wonderful vignette, Wendy. clap

I hope all feedback givers will read this so they know how appreciated their support is.

And LOL about Jose and Cristina! rotflol

Ursie wink

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Nice and sweet story, Wendy! smile1

As both a reader and a writer, I would like to thank both sides for everything they do. It's what makes FoLCdom such a beautiful community smile

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Wendy smile

Your story put a smile on my face and it's not just because Clark read my feedback laugh I don't give feedback as much as I want to but sure that was an encouragement wink

I'm a long time reader and a kind of new writer and I want to thank everyone that gives feedback and the authors that keep LnC alive....THANK YOU ALL smile

Nice story! Can't wait to your next one wink

Raquel (who is still smiling because Clark read her feedbacks wink )

"It's not the years that count, it's the moments, right now as they happen." (Clark Kent to Lois Lane - Brutal Youth - S4)
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wendy, this is so wonderful! What a great idea. Feedback is so important; it's definitely what keeps ME writing!
clap Bravo!! And thanks to all the faithful FBK'ers out there!
-Wanda "Yay, I got a cameo, too!" Detroit blush

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
M
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
M
Oh that was sweet. blush

Thank you so much for actually naming us in this story. Especially since both of us haven't been giving much feedback recently. Meclone2 is typing her "thank you" note as I'm typing this, and we'll see who posts first. smile

I just want to say thank you Wendy, and all the writers, for giving us so much joy by your stories, for keeping the LnC canon going for so long. Keep the stories coming!

twins
metwin1

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Hey Wendy!

It was very sweet of you to write a such a wonderful thank-you piece for us feedback givers. smile

I have not been writing much feedback these few months, due to RL pressures and all, so I am still trying to recover from this unexpected cameo. blush

Actually, I believe we feedback givers should be the ones writing the thank yous. Your stories have been the source of many hours of pleasure-reading. smile

--meclone2--

Top Banana
Top Banana
Awwwwwwwwww..thanks Wendy and to all you amazingly fabulous writers out there that keep the L&C universe alive for me!

The title of this post just about says it all..THANK YOU!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Merriwether
Merriwether
We're the newspaper bulletin board, we're the newspaper bulletin board! LOL!!

Wendy, this was delightful ... so funny and clever. What a fantastic idea.

So many great references, but I have to say my favorite was about Laura oogling Clark and Tank wanting Lois to ditch her husband and run away with him. Too funny! clap

Very nice! And the final line says exactly what all of the fanfic writers want to say. Yay!

Kathy

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Who says I couldn't be a stalker type? I could be a stalker... if I just had enough money... and a decent map... where the heck is Metropolis anyway?

Leave it to Wendy to cleverly put into a cute vignette the appreciation all the writers feel over receiving feedback. I know back when I was still a writer, feedback was the only thing that kept me writing.

Tank (who figures that if Lois and Clark were only six months married, Lois' hair wouldn't have had enough time to grow out to the length implied and thus was just a blatant misrepresentation of the real facts by Wendy to make things fit into her twisted and imperfect image of Lois... or something like that)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Aww, Wendy! smile This is just beautiful -- a sweet and inventive way of paying homage to all the wonderful people who take time out of their schedule to post a note about a story notworthy

And rotflol rotflol Tank!! What would you say if I told you I had a map of Metropolis?? <g> We'll have to see about that some day... wink

Sara laugh

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard