Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Has it been two days yet? Is Part 2 coming tonight? hyper
Does right now work for you?

I was going to try and hold off for tonight, but I really like the next part so I thought I'd be generous. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well, Clark only ever does the full-fleged full-court press investigation of Luthor with Jimmy, Jack and Perry because 1- Lois is engaged to Luthor and he wants to stop the marriage and 2- much lower down in importance, he is mad the Planet building blew up and 3 (at same level or a bit higher than 2) they know Jack was framed.

If Luthor had not been plotting to corner Lois into marriage, he would not have bought the Daily Planet, and Clark would not have had much incentive to investigate him. So this scenario seems to work to me.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Well, Clark only ever does the full-fleged full-court press investigation of Luthor with Jimmy, Jack and Perry because 1- Lois is engaged to Luthor and he wants to stop the marriage and 2- much lower down in importance, he is mad the Planet building blew up and 3 (at same level or a bit higher than 2) they know Jack was framed.

If Luthor had not been plotting to corner Lois into marriage, he would not have bought the Daily Planet, and Clark would not have had much incentive to investigate him. So this scenario seems to work to me.
Thanks, John. That was right along with my thought process on this one too. And without Luthor to completely mess with Lois' mind, Clark could have asked her out much earlier. (No declatation of love to stop the wedding = no retraction = no Lois pulling away = less time wasted.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Actually the declaration of love, Lois rejection is the main problem. Lois asks him to go to the Kerth Awards banquet with her, and does not in any way say "it's not a date" like she did back in the pilot. Lois has not withdrawn, Clark has just misread her initial shock at his declaration of love.

Plus without the pain of the "I would love you even if you were an ordinary man"/"under the cercumstances I can not believe that" there is just not as much hurt and fear on Clark's part.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Actually the declaration of love, Lois rejection is the main problem. Lois asks him to go to the Kerth Awards banquet with her, and does not in any way say "it's not a date" like she did back in the pilot. Lois has not withdrawn, Clark has just misread her initial shock at his declaration of love.

Plus without the pain of the "I would love you even if you were an ordinary man"/"under the cercumstances I can not believe that" there is just not as much hurt and fear on Clark's part.
I meant she pulls away a little after he retracts his declaration of love. She's about to tell him that she cares for him (he's the reason why she said "no" to Lex). Then he says he was lying and she pulls away, thinking he just wants to be friends.

Yes, the ordinary man thing - that actually comes into play (in a way) in the last chapter of this story. I kind of turned it on its head a bit. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like how this is starting out. A leisurely time between two friends watching a fireworks display. Than BANG! Everything goes wrong! I was actually chilly as Lois dived into the water to save Superman. Nicely done.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Morgana:
I like how this is starting out. A leisurely time between two friends watching a fireworks display. Than BANG! Everything goes wrong! I was actually chilly as Lois dived into the water to save Superman. Nicely done.
Thanks, Morgana! You know me. Never one to pass up an opportunity to make the reader go. shock

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Features Writer
Features Writer
Finally got a chance to sneak back in here and knew I had to read this story -- love the opening here! Definitely sets up lots of great opportunities to develop things.

Luthor sounded just like himself, going on and on about his dastardly plans. Genius always needs an audience, I guess. smile

Poor Clark! Hope the Kryptonite doesn't hit him too badly! I know you would have warned me if this was a deathfic! frown And just when things were looking up for him!

Got to go find out what happens next!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by AntiKryptonite:
Finally got a chance to sneak back in here and knew I had to read this story -- love the opening here! Definitely sets up lots of great opportunities to develop things.

Luthor sounded just like himself, going on and on about his dastardly plans. Genius always needs an audience, I guess. smile

Poor Clark! Hope the Kryptonite doesn't hit him too badly! I know you would have warned me if this was a deathfic! frown And just when things were looking up for him!

Got to go find out what happens next!
AntiK! AntiK! hyper Are you back for a while now?? Plllllease?

Rule One of Bad Guy Handbook - Also wax poetic about your plans to someone, preferably a minion or a hostage.

No, not a deathfic. I definiately would have warned you in our email exchanges. smile Thanks for popping in!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard