OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, how wonderful. I suspected that Alice wasn't all that she seemed when she didn't know what luggage was. This was a good family match for her as well. wink

At first, I thought she might be the daughter of Zara and Ching, but then they would probably have to bring Ben-El back to New Krypton with them as the new rulers of NK, and Clark and Lois probably wouldn't be okay with that.

I would have loved to see Lois's POV of having a NK as a guest in her house. (Maybe, if you're busy, post it as a challenge.)

What you had the Foundation do to Lex's old holdings was very interesting. The concept of making his bunker from ASU into a mall, genuis! If only Lex had thought of that, narrow minded fool!

I was a little confused by the dates. How exactly is January 2089 a few months earlier than the picnic which was in 2039? clap

So, you said something about two more stories (this one and one more) or were you including Ali-Ce in that total? Because the "THE END" at the end of this one seemed kind of final. (BTW: I missed your link to the comments that you usually include at the end of your stories).

Since all of these stories include (mostly) the same beginning, I think you should set them up as one story for the Archives and have each child's "love match" be a separate chapter. If I remember correctly Jon's love match was described in Vol. 2, which has already posted on the Archives, right? So, you wouldn't be able to include it as a subsection of that volume. It would probably get more readers than people having to click on each link and trying to remember to get them in order, etc. (i.e. idiot proof it for them -- not that LnC readers are idiots, not at all <<trying to get foot out of mouth>> but sometimes, we can't think straight in the middle of the night and we want to read a story. wink )

Anyway, I loved the series. How fun! clap Thanks for letting us get to know the next generation.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

It would appear that I need to correct a typo. That was supposed to be January of the same year.

There will be one and possibly two more so that 'The End' is not so final.

I'm going to leave you guessing as to just who they will be.

I still have twenty some days to get them in.

I had contacted Labby and she said the preference for the archive would be a single story.

kj
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Now that we have Stu on board, that aspect should be covered.
Hmm…Nah…

The office was on the top floor of what had previously been LexTower,
clap

Here’s the situation, I have an out of town visitor and I’d like you, since you’re the only unattached member of the family to act as a tour guide for a couple of days.
Sounds like matchmaking to me…

She has shoulder length auburn hair and is wearing a beige business suit.
Sounds like she looks like Lois.

“Thanks, Bro! You’re a life saver. Oh, one more thing, I’ve Okayed any monetary expenditure to be covered by The Foundation.”

“Sis, how does this tie in to The Foundation?”

“I’ll explain later. I have a meeting to get to. We’ll talk later. Bye.”
clap The stuff your servants carry around in your wake when you travel.

She must have lost her luggage and Lara made the arrangements for The Foundation to pick up the tab as a good will gesture.
Right. I’m guessing someone had to inherit the Lane Eye Impairment.

Sam took her out to his car. His car was his pride and joy. It was a classic. It was a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee which he had restored to almost factory mint condition.
clap

He heard her mutter, “Primitive.”
laugh

She asked, “Why is this physical restraint necessary?”
So she doesn’t try to escape?

With a deadpan expression she asked, “Would it not be better to avoid accidents?”
Yes.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A pair of regular jeans and some shorts that were so short they made ‘Daisy Dukes’ look long.
Since I was just pointed to research by Virginia, I’ll just say wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Michael,

I'm a little disappointed in myself. I didn't think that I was being that transparent with Alice's origin but you figured it out right away.

I'll need to be more circumspect next time.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Michael,

FDK2 -

One of the reasons she was staying with Lois and Clark was so that UW could teach her how to handle her powers. She was newly arrived from NK and needed to learn.

The gown - originally it was selected due to a similarity of design to NK fashion. It was for that reason that it was deened suitable to wear for the bonding ceremony.

And yes, we aren't done just yet. evil

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm a little disappointed in myself. I didn't think that I was being that transparent with Alice's origin but you figured it out right away.

I'll need to be more circumspect next time.
Don’t worry, Ken. I drive authors nuts with this on a way too frequent basis. I once spotted a pregnancy about a 100 words in or so. I’ve maybe channeled Lois too much in recent years? Aaaanyhow, more circumspection is always welcome in my book smile Revealing the surprise really is the biggest challenge depending on the story. You want the reader to guess and suspect, but not too soon, preferably making it obvious just before the official reveal.

It was for that reason that it was deened suitable to wear for the bonding ceremony.
Aaaah… Council approved wardrobe wink

wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard