My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, yeah! hyper Another one! I'll catch this one after dinner. wave

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Rob's a smart one. I guess all of Lucy's near misses were too much of a clue for him. I'm surprised that even Lucy hadn't figured out that UW was her mom after that near bike accident. Too much like her mother, I guess.

I want to say 'naughty, naughty' for keeping it from Lucy for so long that he knew (tsk-tsk Clark!), but then I realized Rob knew Lucy well enough to know she'd probably do something stupid (like expose herself to Kryptonite) if he let it slip that he was studying it. So sad that his research didn't have more positive results. frown

How lucky for Lucy to find her truelove in her best childhood friend. Love at first sight. Awwwwwww.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Thanks for the FDK.

Mom = UW, well it wasn't until their powers started coming on that the kids were let in on the family secret.

At age 8 this had not occurred as yet. Lucy was too in awe of UW and shook up by the situation to put 2 and 2 together.

At age 12 her powers had started to come on, but at this point she was just faster and stronger than other kids her age and her super hearing was kicking in. Her invulnerability was just starting to come on but not completely, hence, the pain from the belly flop.

She vaguely knew that Dan-El had been there and was hoping to cover up her actions by lying to him, but, of course that didn't work.

It just goes to show the measure of the depth of his love of her that he was willing to sacrifice six years of his life in an endeavor to protect her from the Kryptonite.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

kj
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Who ordered this cake? If I were to guess, I’d say it was your mom. A chocolate cake with chocolate fudge frosting and if I’m not mistaken, white chocolate for the writing.”
hyper

Lucy looked around and said, “I want to hit the pool. I want to go off the high dive. When you’re up there in the air it feels like you’re flying.”
Uh-oh.

It was really higher than she had realized and she knew that she had made a mistake, but, she couldn’t back down now.
laugh and Uh-oh.

but, when she didn’t heel over and go into a standard dive he started to feel fear.
Oops?

The next thing she knew she was at the side of the pool and Rob was dragging her out of the water. He had been ready and had jumped in as soon as she had hit and had pulled her to the surface.
Awwwwww

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A second later Dan-El landed next to them. He had a concerned look as he asked Rob, “What happened?”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the FDK!

I'm glad you enjoyed my little story. dance

I wanted Lucy to be her mother's daughter, just the same as in Hurricane. evil

Not even Ultra Woman can be on the scene before something happens. Remember, there were several times that Lois was or almost was injured before Superman arived to rescue her. sad

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was a really cute story! Lucy as a little girl really did behave like her Mother.

Dan-El as 'big brother' literally and figuratively. Love it.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

I tried to maintain the same character traits I had established in Hurricane in this story.

There is an old proverb, "The fruit don't fall too far from the tree." and also "Like mother like daughter." rotflol

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Two more to go. evil rotflol

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek