Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Have a good weekend, y'all! smile

PJ cool

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Kerth
Kerth
Good idea the encounter with Janice!!! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
Darn federal laws! drool

Have a nice weekend Pam! But post more NOW! smile
~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Once again (big surprise), I loved every part of this section. smile I love the conversation with Janice (and her fiance having no idea what Clark meant by the Daily Planet was great) and what Lois said about Superman and especially the kiss Clark gives her outside. Yowsa!

The conversations in the car were wonderful ... I just wanted to hug Clark when he was talking about how he wanted to be normal ... yet he was clearly so wistful. Too bad Lois was driving or she could have hugged him for me. smile (And, stepping back into BR mode for a moment, the inserted convo in the car looked even better now that I got to see it in context, Pam.)

I feel like the new McDonald's commercials .. I'm lovin' it!

Kathy

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It occurred to Clark that most people did kisses in the opposite order, starting small and growing. Just like everything else they did, he thought distantly. Backwards.
<sigh> What a guy! drool

Clark is so endearing. Wanting to take things slow for fear of spooking Lois. And then he pounces on her! drool

I love your Lois too. Her insight into Clark's psyche is great. Hmmm... they're going to stay in ONE room at a hotel? Wonder what she's up to!

Wonderful part, Pam. Funny and sexy and way too short. Looking forward to Part 8.

Ursie wave

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great section - and ditto the others!

So... Lois wants a hotel room tonight, hmmm? That wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that she and Martha got off on the wrong foot with each other, perhaps? goofy

Okay, okay, I know it's because they're heading to Wichita and don't want to go back to Smallville... but still, it's an interesting thought! wink

MORE!!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Woo Woo ! Looking forward to more. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*Great* part. The A-plot is moving and grooving, and the rest of the story is waffy and sexy and adorable. I love the part where Lois talks about how's she not changing her last name to...well, she's just not changing it. goofy

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Features Writer
Features Writer
Pam,
I'm behind - sorry
just read 5 6 & 7
great parts all
ditto others
more
I don't know why I say that - I can't seem to keep up
merry

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Good instalment.

The exchanges between Lois and Clark were well done. You're showing how comfortable they are becoming together. I was struck by one thing. I can't say I know of any other term that might apply here, but it just doesn't seem to sound right having Lois use a term like 'girlfriend'. I don't know, it's probably just me, but it has such a juvenile connotation to it.

More soon.

Tank (who notices that L&C have to wait another day before they can put their plans into action, more than enough time for Lois to find a place whwere she can get a decent haircut)

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Another fun part, Pam. Lots of humor and good interaction between L&C.

"I don't know," Clark replied, picking up his own menu. "She used to have the *best* brownies, but Maisie's always changing her menu, so you'd better check the insert -- ow!"
/me puts on the hat of the health inspector. "Er, excuse me, Maisy. I'm afraid I'm going to have to put health warning labels on your menu inserts. They're dangerous weapons, especially against helpless superheroes."

Janice's eyes grew rounder. "You have? Oh, that would be so exciting! Didn't you just die? Oh, and is he as gorgeous up close as he is on TV?"

"Oh, yeah." Lois sighed happily, getting control of the urge to giggle. Unfortunately, that urge was followed by an irresistible temptation. She leaned toward Janice, "And let me tell you, that suit of his... whew! It's a wonder any woman in town can even think straight."
thumbsup

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks for the comments, y'all!

I hope no one was disappointed not to see Maisie. That was the original plan, but apparently she was busy, and Janice nipped in ahead of her. wink

What's going to happen at the hotel? Well, you'll have to check out part 8. And part 9. And part 10 <g>

Clark is so endearing. Wanting to take things slow for fear of spooking Lois. And then he pounces on her!
<g> She didn't seem to mind!

So... Lois wants a hotel room tonight, hmmm? That wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that she and Martha got off on the wrong foot with each other, perhaps?
lol, not really <g> But they're already in Wichita, and are planning to visit the state lab the next morning, so it didn't seem to make much sense to drive two hours back to Smallville, only to make another round trip the next morning.

You liked that Freudian slip, Jen? <g> Clark did, too wink

I can't say I know of any other term that might apply here, but it just doesn't seem to sound right having Lois use a term like 'girlfriend'. I don't know, it's probably just me, but it has such a juvenile connotation to it.
I see your point, Tank, but I'm not sure what to replace it with. Plus, she's using the term specifically to stake a claim on Clark -- this seems to get that point across succinctly. But hey, at least she's not calling him "baby" goofy

Guess that's why the disguise works. Even Lois, who knows the truth, can't picture it.
Y'know, I hadn't thought of it quite that way, but that's a good point.

For a second, with Lois using her typical charm when she's talking to customer-support people, I had visions of Sheriff Rachel with the handcuffs again.
I'm starting to worry about you, Roger, with this obsessive interest in handcuffs! wink

Thanks everyone for commenting, I really appreciate you guys taking time out of your busy Christmas/end of year/final exam/etc. schedules to read the story and then comment on it, too. smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard