Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
X
Blogger
Blogger
X
I spent all morning and afternoon at a water park today so I'm a little tired. I just realized my last post was all smilies and no actual feedback. This one will be better! If I don't fall asleep first xD

Allie was dead.
Oh, no! What a way to start!

She wanted to bury her head in to a strong, warm chest and cry.
I know a guy who would be happy to volunteer for that

and calling ‘Octopus’ into the night just sounded silly.
That would sound pretty silly

She dropped the carton of ice cream back into her freezer and picked up the telephone.

“Hello?” answered a groggy voice.
Clark over ice cream? He's moving up in the world.

“Lois?” he asked, his voice full of worry.
I like that he knows it her smile

“I’ll be right there,” he announced, and she could hear him climb out of bed.

Oh, God! No! Lois couldn’t have Clark come over when she was an emotional wreck. Who knew what she might do?
I can think of something...

“No! No!” she countered his suggestion.

Of course, she could really use his shoulder to cry on, and his arms around her.

“Yes, all right,” she agreed.

It would feel good to have his lips against her neck. The way his hands could caress her body making her forget everyone and everything.

“No! Clark, I just…”
And I thought I was bad at making decisions wink

What was he talking about? “No promises about what, Clark?”

“Finding him, but you know what, Lois? Forget everything I said. If you need him, I’ll find…”
frown

“There’s no accounting for tastes, I guess,” he replied.
Haha smile

Well, except sleep with Cat, and lie about it to her face!
But he didn't! xD

“Trust me, Lois, I would have serious doubts on your identity if you woke me out of a sound sleep to compliment me,” Clark responded wryly.
:claps:

“You’re right, Clark. I’ll let you get back to your beauty sleep. Heaven knows you could use it. I heard rumors about some woman in advertising who hasn’t yet drooled over your cute butt.” Damn! He got her to compliment him.
clap

X

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
X Phile: I was only teasing about the smilies. I'm perfectly fine with most any kind of comment. smile1

I like that he knows it her
He recognized her sniffle / heartbeat.

I can think of something...
Yes, well, she's trying to avoid doing that something.

And I thought I was bad at making decisions
clap She knows what she wants, only she doesn't think she should have it.

But he didn't!
But he's male! And straight!

Hmm, I don't know if that would help. He probably looks good in anything
No, but she's thinking he'd need a snowsuit to cover up the images dancing through her head at the moment.

I think you may have mentioned it once or twice. But you have to remind yourself a lot, so...
If she repeats it enough, she thinks it will become a habit.

Chocolate - the answer to all of life's little problems. evil

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have to say that I was going to complain about them just talking on the phone, but then thye slept in the same bed. So they went from less than canon to more. In canon Lois and Clark never slept in the same bed before they got married. Once Clark fell on Lois in bed before they got married, but that does not count. And there was her sleeping in his arms on the couch, but that is not a bed, and arguably the incident in The Phoenix was more intimate than what happened here, but it was not all night in the same bed, just a few moments with Lois on top on a coach (OK, that probably makes it sound like more than it was). This is definantly more than they were doing at the point of the investiagtion of the boxers. The big question is, in canon how long had they known each other by this point. The answer probably is "the first season is too unclear to say". In fact, I am not sure there is a way to make L&C work time wise.

I guess they have had more ups and downs. Lois never tries to seduce Clark in canon until PML, so her doing it at the auction is a major change.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I have to say that I was going to complain about them just talking on the phone, but then thye slept in the same bed.
Less than canon in that they didn't have the conversation about Lois's dad?

So they went from less than canon to more. In canon Lois and Clark never slept in the same bed before they got married. Once Clark fell on Lois in bed before they got married, but that does not count. And there was her sleeping in his arms on the couch, but that is not a bed, and arguably the incident in The Phoenix was more intimate than what happened here, but it was not all night in the same bed, just a few moments with Lois on top on a coach (OK, that probably makes it sound like more than it was).
Yes, well, this Clark came to this dimension already in love with Lois. She was his main reason for coming here, plus he has more experience with women (not that you can always tell that from his lack of self-esteem). She's different too, because already experienced this life before with her "right" Clark, so their relationship will move more quickly in some regards and more slowly in others (because they are both messed up by their previous lives, mostly).

This is definantly more than they were doing at the point of the investiagtion of the boxers. The big question is, in canon how long had they known each other by this point. The answer probably is "the first season is too unclear to say". In fact, I am not sure there is a way to make L&C work time wise.
The timeline is supposed to mirror canon dimension. The Pilot was supposed to take place in May and I've stretched the other to spread over these first 3 months. "Green Green Glow of Home" - it is still warm in Kansas and they're celebrating a harvest festival (Corn), so despite airing at the end of October, I move it forward to the beginning. "Man of Steel Bars" is set in Nov. "Witness" is Christmas (I've been told it's supposed to be after MoSB, so that's where it shows up in my stories). "Vatman" takes place over Perry's birthday, which is on St. Patrick's day. So everything between PML and The Rival takes place between the new year, and mid-March. And I've always assumed that Luthor would want the perfect June wedding ("House of Luthor"). Does that clarify timeline a bit?

I guess they have had more ups and downs. Lois never tries to seduce Clark in canon until PML, so her doing it at the auction is a major change.
She's repressed more of her memories of life with Clark, so technically they are further along than she can remember.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois nodded and set down the statue, her fingers resting on it a moment longer, before she moved to the couch and sat down.

No knowing what exactly to do, he mimicked her actions and sat down at the other end.

“How come you’re so nice?” she asked.
I think the middle paragraph her should start with "Not".

It was also fun to learn that Clark envisioned the statue as soulmates.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I think the middle paragraph her should start with "Not".
Thanks. Fixed.

It was also fun to learn that Clark envisioned the statue as soulmates.
That statue is modeled after one I bought in Athens when I spent a semester abroad there. There's something timeless about Cycladic statuary.

VirginiaR.
---
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard