OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The Kent family certainly knows how to pick their spouses!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This story is different from the others in that Jimmy wasn't wow'd at first sight by Maragaret, but she seemed to like him. smile1

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morhana,

Yes, well they each go about it in their own way.

In Jimmy's case he was so wrapped up in his computers that he almost didn't see his soul mate when she was right there in front of him.

It was kinda like Lois and Clark in reverse. She knew he was the one for her and hung in there with the friendship until he realized it.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Thanks for the FDK.

Yes, he did get a little confused. He simply was trying to emphasize that he wanted a personal relationship not just a business partnership.

At that time he was just turned 18 and his powers were not fully developed. By the time we are at the party he has taken his place along with the rest of the family.

I wanted Peg to be a little more 'down to earth' than nerd Jimmy. Hopefully I suceeded.

Lucy in not the youngest. Sam is. That being the case we have three more stories ahead.

Also, yes, this is giving me an unexpected opportunity to do some character development. Character development I can put to use in future volumes.

I also will be introducing additional family members, some of the grand kids who I think you will enjoy. Volume 6.

kj
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I’m having to increase my staffing! Computer Forensics is the business to be in I can tell you.”
clap Let’s just hope she never tells that story to his mother. Or his sisters.

That started a friendly revelry
/whispers/ rivalry. Although, 'revelry' probably works, too laugh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
he had started calling her Peg or Peggy,
laugh

They had each written section of the code and then brought it together.
[Linked Image]
You do that in pair programming not each one for his own.

Jimmy looked over the finished product and said, “It won’t work, Peg.”
He really doesn’t want to finalize the bond, does he?

“I’m not sure I like someone editing my code.”
Just like his mom. drool

They were sharing music and sometimes playing either against each other as opponents in First Person Shooter games but more often as teammates taking on all comers. As a team they were almost unbeatable.
Wait, what now? Are you telling me they spent four years in college in a platonic relationship *and* didn’t date other people either? Oh boy. Jimmy really mucked up, didn’t he?

“Like I’ve said, I want to get a position with an IT firm. You’ve been talking about starting your own business. Maybe you’d hire me?”
Awwwww

In the center of the quad there was a fountain with a statue of the school’s mascot over it.
Awwwwww

“Peg, we’ve been together now for four years. I don’t know about you, but, I feel that we’ve gotten pretty close, if fact, I can’t image getting this close to anyone else. Now, we’re going to be graduating and going our separate ways.”
Umm…Jimmy? Might you want to rephrase that one? [Linked Image]

Jimmy blurted out, “You don’t understand, Peg, that’s not what I want. I don’t want you to work *for* me. I want you to be my partner.”
Awwwwww… He wants her to partner his business with him so he doesn’t have to ask his father for a loan.

He let out a choked laugh. He said, “Peg, you don’t understand. I want you for my *partner*. But, not in my business.”
[Linked Image]

She was puzzled, “Wait a minute, that doesn’t compute. Where did that else statement come from? How could we not work together if we’re partners?”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Michael,

I'm so glad you are enjoying these little stories of mine. hyper

wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

I have a suevey question that I would like you and anyone else reading this to answer - For the archive - should these shorts be combined into a single volume, or should they remain separate stories?

All imput is appreciated.
cool cool cool

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good question. Very good question. Since you're doing them sequentially at the same bbq, it could work in a single story. Maybe with a bit more padding between the scenes. OTOH, Labby would probably vote for 7 stories wink

wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard