Next Thread
Print Thread
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Will be back with real FDK some time later. For now: wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Ah, Tank, you had me worried before the Epilogue. How could they just decide to leave it at 'Hello, nice that you're alive, have a happy life, goodbye'?

But you made everything right. Great job. A really fun story.

I suppose it's too much to ask for a few more chapters of 'The New Adventures of Lois Lane and Jerome Clark'?

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I second the request. How is Clark (excuse me, Jerome) going to live now? Can he make a new identity with Lois? Can she be happy and not be in journalism? What are some of the choices she will have to make now that she has made the big choice to be with Clark?

Inquiring minds want to know. laugh

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Impressive. Most Impressive.

I have heard about your stories and interest in Lois' hair but this love story was everything I had thought it would be and much more.

Sometimes moving on means turning back the way you came.

Thank you. wave

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmmm well I like the direction it went in but the premise of Clark going his own way was a bit painful. good job turning it around though. it would be nice if there were more.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow! The first part was so painful to read, with Clark having to stay away from Lois for 5 years. Then you twisted the knife in deeper, allowing them to talk then go their own ways again. So glad you healed all the wounds by the end and that they will get their (well deserved) happily ever after at long last!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Thoroughly enjoyed this, Tank! The emotion was real and painful, and it had a sweet ending (Although I am a sucker for angst laugh ). Great job!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
When I read the title I was afraid to read the story: "Moving on"? Who would be moving on? eek I started to read and I got still more afraid. By the middle of the story I was sure it would end with both of them moving on their separated ways. clap

I suppose it's too much to ask for a few more chapters of 'The New Adventures of Lois Lane and Jerome Clark'?
Add me to the list. grovel

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I agree with pretty much everything already posted here, especially the request for more. I'd would really like to have seen Clark's reaction to Lois' decision.

It amazes me how you are able to come up with such fresh takes on TOGoM every year.

I'm already wondering what's in store for 2013.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
Way to go, Tank! You are the only writer who could actually leave me guessing as to whether you would get them together in the end or not. After all, it might have had a Tank ending.

I agree that I'd like to see another part. I think a determined Lois could get Jerome/Clark past his wall of "There isn't any other way" without too much difficulty.

This *is* my happily ever after.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I'd like to thank the gentle readers for all the kind comments. It's a nice to see that they still will read a broken-down old curmudgeon when he trots out his annual attempt at fanfic. I have to do this every once in a while just to prove that I'm not dead yet.

Luckily, one always gets a nice reception on these friendly boards.

As for... more?

I don't know about that. It was quite the effort to just get me to finish this little vignette. I say, if anyone is of a mind to tackle the further adventures of Lois and Jerome(?), have at it.

As for this old man. I think I'll just slip back into my lurker status and enjoy all the great fic being posted on these boards.

Again, thanks to all who commented.

Tank (who has to start thinking about what he will write next year)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Beautifully written. The way you twist a phrase and make the reader turn with you. I haven't read any of the old TOGOM, and I'll have to remedy that fact. I am familiar with the Tank funny vignette, but haven't read many of the deep dramas with meaning and simple beauty (and I am sorry I keep coming up with that one word but it's the one that sticks with me) that tugs at my heart as this one does.

I'm so glad that Lois didn't continue her exisitance with Peter in L.A. Thank you for such a beautiful (darn, there's that word again) romance. You had me to the point of tears.

Feel free to de-lurk any time you like to bring us another gem like this. thumbsup

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Back!

She usually didn’t worry about how she looked when going out to meet with Peter
I’m guessing it’s not Peter Clark, is it? Or Peter Wilson.

but today was going to be special. At least she thought it was going to be.
/senses a ring/

That friend, supposedly, had overheard him on the phone telling someone that he was going to ‘pop’ the question this evening at dinner.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard