Clark and Lois The Lost Years Matchmaker Chronicles Vol 3 39/46

By Ken Janney

This version is rated PG-13

* denotes emphasis *
< denotes thoughts >
[ playback of a recording or TV Commentary]
/ telepathic communications /
(#) footnotes

As always comments are welcome. (ken.janney@kjanney.com)

Reminder:
Universal Locator Designation
Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -120 - Canon Lois and Clark universe also called – Prime
Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 036 – Canon Alt Clark universe also called – Alt 1

Previously:

The first one on scene was Bill Henderson in his personal car. He drove up and exited his sedan and just took in the scene. Frank was still unconscious and Izzie was yelling to be let out of the car in the crusher. Henderson just stood there shaking his head trying to figure out what had happened. He pulled out a cell phone and dialed a number. On a desk at the Daily Planet a phone started to ring. After the fourth ring the voice mail picked up. “This is Clark Kent, I’m away from my desk right now. Please leave a message after the beep.” ‘BEEP “Kent, Bill Henderson here. We just made the darndest collar. Got a couple of Luthor’s henchmen. Looks like a falling out. I had a call telling me where to pick them up. Someone else did all the work. All I’ve got to do is the clean-up. Call me in the morning when you get this message.” He closed his phone.

Just as he finished his call the black-n-whites started to arrive.

“All right, load ‘em up and take ‘em in. Put them in holding. I’ll process and interview them in the morning. No paperwork, no papers! No one is to know we have these characters. Got it?”

“Got it, Lieutenant.”

“Okay, get ‘em outta here.” He turned and entered his car and drove off.

After seeing Frank and Izzie safely bundled off to the hoosegow they flew hand in hand back to the roof of Luthor Tower and retrieved the camera and then returned home.

And now:

Chapter 39 – Lois Goes ‘Undercover(s)’

In the morning the two reporters chose to show up at the precinct rather than call. They were directed back to Henderson’s office as soon as they showed up at the Sergeant’s desk. Apparently Henderson had left word that anytime they showed they were to be sent back automatically. A privilege afforded no other reporters.

When they walked in Henderson was on the phone. He indicated that they should take seats while he finished the call. After he hung up he addressed them. “Looks like we got a big break in the Luthor case last night. It was the damndest thing I’ve ever seen. A call came in to the precinct. The caller asked to have the call forwarded to me on my private line. The caller said that there were a couple of presents for me at Metropolis Auto Recovery. When I got there I found Frank Baxter trussed up like a thanksgiving turkey and Izzie Banks in the back seat of a car parked in the crusher in handcuffs.”

“Bill, after receiving your call this morning we checked the tape from last night and thought we should bring it over. We got Luthor on tape ordering Frank Baxter to do away with Izzie Banks.” Clark pulled the tape out of his pocket and placed it on Bill’s desk. “Video, date and time stamped as you requested. Added to the testimony of Frank Baxter and Izzie Banks it could prove to be quite compelling. This is the original and we made a copy for ourselves.”

Bill picked up his phone and dialed the extension of the evidence custodian. “Shirley, Bill Henderson. Bring some evidence forms and packaging to my office will you, I’ve got something for you to lock up. Thanks.” He hung up the phone. “I’ll get this secured so that it doesn’t disappear on us.”

“As we get more we’ll deliver it to you.”

“I’m not going to ask how you got it because I don’t want to know. You’ve got it and that’s good enough for me. I just got through interviewing Izzie and he said that Luthor had ordered Frank to kill him and he’s willing to testify to that.”

“Our tape will verify all of that.”

“That’s good. Izzie’s also ready to sing about all of the activities he knows Luthor is involved in. The gun we recovered had Frank’s prints all over it and ballistics has matched the slugs from it to a couple of unsolved murders. He’s ready to cut a deal and he claims that both jobs were done at Luthor’s order.”

“They both claim that a masked karate expert stopped Frank from killing Izzie and then subdued him. He said that he used some kind of sleeper hold on Frank that put him out and it must really be effective because he was still unconscious when I got there. I’d sure like to meet this karate guy so that I could shake his hand and thank him.”

Clark and Lois both kept their expressions neutral while Henderson had been describing what had happened. When he had finished they acted appropriately interested and started taking notes. Bill stopped them. “I don’t want any of this showing up in the papers yet. I want to keep all this under wraps until we have our complete case built.”

“Is there anything you can give us to print, anything at all?”

“No Lois, there isn’t. Frank and Izzie both mentioned a masked karate expert. He was the one that broke up the hit, but I don’t want even that in the papers yet because it could let Luthor know that the hit was stopped.”

They both put their notebooks away. Clark said “You’re right Lieutenant …”

Henderson interrupted him, “I think we know each other well enough by now that we should be on a first name basis. Please, call me Bill.”

“Okay, Bill it is as long as it’s Lois and Clark.” Clark said. ”You’re right, of course, Bill. So far we have him tied up to gun running, Protection rackets and Prostitution. I don’t know about you but we have heard rumors of a ‘big boss’ that runs the majority of the rackets in Metropolis. It’s beginning to look to us as though we have him identified. What do you think?”

“You could be right Clark. I want to be sure though. There are a lot more rackets going on out there that we need to tie him to.”

Lois replied “Bill, you can count on us. We aren’t ready to give up just yet. We want to nail him and nail him but good. We don’t want this fish to slip the hook if we can help it. We’ll keep investigating.”

“Okay, you guys keep doing what you can on your end and I’ll keep on from my end. Between us we are going to put him away for a very long time.”

Lois and Clark got up. Clark reached out and took Bill’s hand and shook it.

“You can count on us.”, Lois said.

“I know I can, Lois.”

As Lois and Clark left they were walking side by side with Clark’s hand at the small of Lois’ back.

When they got back to the Planet they went straight to Perry’s office. Clark knocked on his door. They heard “Come in!” Clark opened the door and ushered Lois in.

Clark started the conversation “Perry, we just had a meeting with Bill Henderson. The investigation into Luthor is now at a critical stage and is liable to break at any minute. We might have that front page scoop within the next couple of weeks.”

As Perry was listening to this report he had been getting a broad grin on his face. “That’s the best thing I’ve heard since they announced that the King had won the election. Keep on it you two. I look forward to breaking this story.”

“Chief,” Lois cut in “Bill said that there is another piece of information that he doesn’t want released yet but he told us in confidence. He told us that last night a hit was foiled by a masked karate expert. I think we need to keep our eyes open for more from him, whoever he is.”

“Bless my Blue Suede Shoes, a masked karate expert? Some kind of vigilante? Follow up on that. I want that scoop too. Get out of here and get me a story.”

“Right Chief. We’ll get you what we can.”

Lois spoke up “Chief we have something else to ask. We need you to authorize some funds for operation rescue.”

“Just what, may I ask is ‘Operation Rescue’?”

“We just found out that Luthor is also behind the prostitution rackets here in Metropolis. We have information to the effect that he’ll be sending some new girls to the brothel this evening. I’m going undercover as one of the girls. I plan to offer them an out but we need some place for them to stay until they can testify. Chief, these girls are not doing this willingly, they’re being placed into sex slavery so that Luthor can generate more income.” Lois’ anger was flaring and Perry could see that she was very intent on this.

“Okay. I’ll take it on myself to authorize this. Somehow I’ll clear it with the suits upstairs. Just get me the story.”

“Thanks Chief. You’ll get it.”

They exited his office and left the building.

Later – at home

Lois picked out an outfit that she knew wouldn’t be suitable for a brothel but would be appropriate for someone that had been in the secretarial pool and put it on.

“Are you ready for tonight?” asked Clark.

“I think so. How do I look?”

“Like you just left work.”

“Good. That’s just how I want to look. Now, if I need you “ /I’ll call you/

/Got you. Ready to go?/

/I think so. Wish me luck./

/Just be careful. Remember, don’t allow yourself to be separated from the jewels./

/I won’t, don’t you worry about that./

/If you need a john just call me, okay./

/Count on it. Nobody else is going to touch me./

They flew to the vicinity of the brothel. Lois landed in an alleyway close at hand while Clark flew to the roof where he could literally keep an eye on things. As Lois approached the doors she noted that there were three other girls entering at the same time. All three had a dispirited air about them. There was distinct evidence that a couple of them had been crying. Lois tried to start up a conversation with them but the women were too sullen to be talkative so she desisted.

Lois stayed with the other girls all the way to the ‘lobby’ of the brothel which was in the penthouse. They were greeted by Mitzie’s assistant and led back to her office where they were ushered in and directed to take seats on a couch facing the desk.

Mitzie addressed them, “You girls have been sent to me because you need work. You understand the nature of the work in this establishment. If you take good care of your customers your services could be requested. Repeat business is good business. The more you’re requested the higher prices that we can charge for your services. Usually we have a training period before you’re sent to the floor, however because of circumstances we need to put you right to work. Constance will take you to wardrobe where you will be able to pick out something attractive to wear. We’ll start having visitors in about an hour. We deal with only a high class clientele here so there should be no reason for you to turn down anyone that selects you. Constance’ll give you your room assignments. There may be times that you will have special client and you will be directed to a different room, but I wouldn’t expect too much of that too soon. Now, go with Constance. She’ll get you started.”

/Clark, I’m in trouble. There isn’t going to be a week before I have to start turning tricks. She’s having us start tonight./

/Don’t worry. I heard everything. I’ll be one of the first to arrive. I’ll make a pretense of looking over all of the girls before selecting you. You realize of course that we’ll have to follow through so that they are convinced that you’re doing what is required./

/I look forward to it, as long as it’s with you./

/I may have to bargain for you for the entire night to keep you safe./

/My only concern is for those poor girls that I came in with. How can we protect them?/

/Let me call Henderson and explain it to him. Maybe he’ll have an idea./

/Okay, but make it quick./

Fortunately Bill Henderson had given Clark and Lois his cell number so that they could contact him directly. Clark pulled out his work cell phone to make this call and dialed. He wanted Henderson to know who he was talking to when he answered. Bill answered on the second ring.

“Henderson here. What do you have for me this time Clark?”

“Bill, we need some help. We got some information about the prostitution operation here at Mitzies.”

“I’ve heard about her place. Never had the pleasure to visit.”

“Trust me Bill, you’re not missing anything. Here’s the problem, Lois went undercover and she’s now in there as one of the girls. We were trying to intervene and rescue some new girls that were being forced into a life of prostitution but it has backfired. We had heard that they would be in training for a couple of weeks, but that isn’t going to be the case. They are being pressed into service tonight. I’m going in as a John and will be keeping Lois safe but we are concerned for these other girls. Is there anything you can do?”

“I would just love to be able to raid that place. You say that these girls are being coerced into this?”

“Definitely.”

“Can you provide any proof?”

“I should think you’d be able to get these new girls to testify if you can get them out of here. We have made arrangements that the Planet will pick up the tab for accommodations for them as long as we get the story.”

“Let me call a friendly judge and call you right back. I should be able to get the warrant and have a squad there within an hour and a half.”

“Please hurry Bill. Lois really wants to save these girls. They really don’t deserve what is being done to them.”

“I’ll do what I can. Really I’m in Homicide but since it’s all part of the same investigation I’ll stretch the point. You just worry about Lois. I’ll take care of the rest.”

“Thanks, Bill. See you in a while.”

Clark flew home and donned some makeup, a wig and full beard. He changed clothes into more formal attire. He was going to be a member of the House of Representatives here on a fact finding mission looking for some relaxation. /I’m on my way back. I’m now Representative Charles King from Nevada./ He flew back to the same alley that Lois had used, walked around the corner and entered the building. He took the elevator to the penthouse. When he exited the elevator he was greeted by Constance. “Good evening. How may I help you?”

“I’m looking for some ‘companionship’ for the evening.”

“Whom do I have the pleasure of addressing?”

“Will this be kept, ahem, confidential?”

“Of course, discretion is our policy.”

“Well, okay, Charles King.”

“Okay Mr. King we have some nice companions for you to chose from. “

“Ah, that’s Representative King, Nevada. I’ll need someone especially discrete.”

“Of course Representative King. This way please.”

Constance, as she was entering the ‘lobby’ hit a switch on the wall signaling a client which would require special handling. Mitzie came out of her office to greet the visitor.

Constance introduced them “Representative King, your hostess, Mitzie.”

“I think I’d prefer a younger girl.”

“Oh no, no, no. You misunderstand. I’m the Madam. My girls will be out in a minute. You will be able to pick whomever you want.”

“What are the normal arrangements?”

“We have a standard pricing schedule. We normally charge by the hour. We charge extra for Bondage and S/M. If the girl gets hurt there is an extra charge added.”

“What would be the fee for all night?”

“That would be $1200 for an experienced girl. $1000 for someone less experienced. Constance, please call the girls in.” Constance pressed a button which sounded a buzzer in a waiting room. The girls all filed in through a door. They were all dressed in revealing costume, some in lingerie and some in abbreviated attire. Lois came in toward the end of the file and she was dressed in a black teddy and black stiletto high heels which Constance had picked out for her. Knowing that it was Clark that was here as the customer she was very relaxed and feeling especially sexy and it showed in her attitude and bearing. To make it look good Clark took his time looking over all the girls then he turned to Mitzie and indicating Lois he asked, “I’m drawn to this girl. Could I have her for the night?”

“You’re very discerning. Linda is one of our most experienced girls. Unfortunately, that carries a special price tag. Her company for the entire night will cost $1500.”

“That’s fine. If it’s agreeable with her, I’d like her company for the night.”

Mitzie said “She’s agreeable, aren’t you Linda?”

“Yes, Mitzie, I’m agreeable.”

“Mr. King … “

He interrupted “Just call me Charlie.”

“Ah, yes, Charlie, since this is a special girl and a special night we’ll put you in a special room.” She turned to Constance “The presidential suite. See to it.” She turned back to Linda “Make sure that you do all that you can to please Rep uh, Charlie.” She turned back to Charlie, “Food and beverages will be provided for your stay.” So saying she returned to her office.

Constance conducted them down a hallway and opened a door allowing them to enter. She asked “What types of beverages would you prefer?”

Looking at Lois he said “Red wine?” She nodded “Red wine. Perhaps some cheese and crackers.”

“I’ll have them sent right in.” She closed the door and left.

As soon as the door was closed Lois threw herself into his arms. Before she had a chance to say anything he covered her lips with his. /Don’t say anything! Do you hear me?/

/Just barely. In this outfit I couldn’t hide the jewelry. All I have are the earrings and ring./

/I guess that we need to be in contact to talk telepathically then. Without your powers you don’t hear what I hear. This room is bugged./ He broke the kiss and looked around the room as if surveying the amenities. He surreptitiously lowered his glasses down his nose so that he could x-ray the walls. He found a couple of audio bugs and two video cameras. He pulled Lois back into another kiss. /Sure enough. There are two video cams and two audio pickups. I don’t think I want a recording of myself making love to my wife, unless you would like a memento of this evening./

/Let me think about it. That’s long enough. No, I don’t want to perform for a camera. I perform for my husband. I don’t want anyone else seeing us./

/Okay. Just thought I’d ask. I agree with you. I don’t want anyone else looking at you naked. You’re mine to look at and no one else’s./ He directed a couple of well placed narrow beams of heat vision at the video cams. He made a very small hole in the wall, next to the lens aperture and through the case. He fused a couple of wires disabling the camera.

In another room a technician was sitting in front of a bank of monitors. He was watching the high-profile subject with one of the girls when all of a sudden the monitor he was watching went blank. He had a brief impression of a red flare just before it went dark. “Now how the hell did that happen?” <I checked those cameras earlier this evening to make sure they were ready for tonight. That shouldn’t have happened! Oh well. At least we have the other camera. We should still get some usable footage from it. We’ll need it if we want to have any leverage with him.> Just then the second screen went dark. “What the … That can’t happen! They can’t both go out like that! Something’s going on and I don’t like it.” He picked up a phone and dialed an extension. “Mitzie, Greg. We’ve got a problem.”

Within a minute of getting the call Mitzie was in Greg’s room and he was showing her what he had been able to record from the presidential suite. On both tapes just before the tape went blank there was a red flare which Greg could not account for. Mitzie looked at Greg and asked “What can we do? This is a high profile target. We have to get something.”

”We still have the audio feeds. You might be able to use that?”

“It’s not as effective as having a tape of the target in a ‘compromising’ position, naked in bed with a prostitute. Lex isn’t going to be happy, but, I guess it’ll have to do.”

Just then over the speakers they heard the beverages and finger foods delivered to the presidential suite. There was a time where all that could be heard was the clinking of glasses and a rustling as the food was being consumed. After a while they could hear the sounds of kissing and moans and groans. Then a female voice said [“You look awfully uncomfortable in that suit. Wouldn’t you be more comfortable removing your jacket and loosening your tie? … There now, isn’t that better? … Now let’s undo your shirt a little. … My, what a strong neck … It’s hard to see with that beard.” Sounds of more kissing. “I like kissing your neck. Do you like it?”

“How could I help it with someone like you?”]

Things seemed to be progressing satisfactorily so they muted the speakers and allowed the tape to run. Mitzie said, “I’m expecting more customers. Make sure that we don’t have any more equipment failures.” She left.

comments go here

To be continued in Chapter 40 – Daniel Scardino

Last edited by KenJ; 04/30/14 03:05 AM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj