Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8832 12/04/03 06:45 AM
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Nice long section for you all this time around. Hope you enjoyed it ... and didn't mind too much that Clark let himself be distracted. wink

Comments appreciated!

Kathy smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Distracted!!!!!

Wow!!!!

I'm the one that's distracted. And I soooo wanted to get my house cleaned today.

Incredible part, Kathy.

Barb.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
lol, happy coward indeed <g>

Thanks for letting Lois actually say she loves him -- when he started doing that "you don't have to say anything" routine, I actually started to worry, 'cause I've only read this part like, three times, and I didn't remember what happened goofy

These two are so cute, and so hot together I wouldn't be surprised if all the snow started melting tomorrow wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Let's see, whenever Clark pulls the old 'cowardly delay' tactic it always works so well for him. Only good can come from his yellow streak.

Yeah right.

Too bad, now Lois will have to look elsewhere for someone she can trust.

Hmmmmmm, I wonder, has she ever been to Minnesota?

Tank (who could be someone that Lois could trust, even if he wasn't someone she'd want)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Happily catching up here! smile1

Kathy, this is so great:

With other men, there had always been doubts ... doubts that they would be faithful, doubts as to whether they were being truthful about their feelings, doubts that they would accept her for who she really was. Even with Superman, things had been uncertain. Not that she didn't believe Superman cared for her; she trusted him with her life -- literally! But knowing that they could never be together -- really be together -- had always kept him at a safe distance in her heart.

But with Clark, everything was different. Unlike with Paul, she didn't feel as if she had to compete for his attention. Unlike with Claude, she didn't feel as if she were being swept away by the intensity and pace of their relationship. And unlike with Lex, she didn't feel on display, as if everything she said was being evaluated and judged. No, with Clark, she felt safe and secure and patient and content ... and truly, completely loved. It was a feeling she wanted to bask in forever.

Forever. She wanted to be with Clark forever.

As the implication of this desire reached her conscious mind, Lois found herself rendered nearly breathless from the realization. The reason she felt this way with Clark was because, for the first time in her life, she was completely, totally, head-over-heels in love.

And she couldn't imagine being any happier.
This promises to be one exciting ski weekend!

Ursie

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Features Writer
Features Writer
Kathy
great sequel
I'm loving it
sorry I'm behind in posting
merry

G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Is it Sunday yet?

This is one of the best romantic getaways I've ever been on. Your description of the rooms and the hot tub makes me want to run over and jump in. (Although no one would want to see me in a black (or any other colour ) string bikini. And the passion between Lois and Clark smile1 is wonderful. (I'm going to keep my innocence and read this on the gfic boards.

Anyway, I love many of the lines...and I'd like to take credit for all of them, but I can't. So the short term memory seems to be scratching away ot one quotation and I keep coming back to it.
"I don't want Superman," she told him breathlessly. "Only you. I love you, Clark." 
Now here's the embarrassing part. What if I'm wrong? I know! If it's your line than you are absolutely brilliant. clap If it's my line, than I blush blush with humility.

But the story is great. I'd just like to remember the story I proposed because I don't think it was anywhere as good as this one is turning out to be. smile

gerry (who is still trying to get the chalkdust out of her brains)

KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
LOL, Gerry! As you now know from the email I sent you (with a copy of your email to me from a year ago), that's not the line that I borrowed ... but you were definitely on the right track! Wow, that means I'm absolutely brilliant ... cool! rotflol (And don't be humble, Gerry -- the line you inspired is actually better than this one, at least IMO. smile )

Thanks, everyone, for reading and letting me know what you think ... the comments mean a lot to me! And I'm delighted that you are enjoying it so far.

I hope everyone has their gloves handy ... part 3 is coming up next!

Kathy

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard