Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Micahel:
Nono, that was intentional. Other replies just intersected with own FDK. And it was late morning by that time, so I was kind of sort of wide awake already.
You're wide awake by mid-morning? Hmmmm <<thinks it's time for coffee.>>

Christina: Thanks for comics links. No, I wouldn't think Lois' hair in the 70's would look bad... I was thinking 80's, but not as bad as Clark's during "Superman: The Wedding Album". :rolleyes:

If Lois and Clark (and/or Superman) got married before, even if it was Earth 2, why was it such a big deal when it happened on Earth one? huh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]Christina: Thanks for comics links. No, I wouldn't think Lois' hair in the 70's would look bad... I was thinking 80's, but not as bad as Clark's during "Superman: The Wedding Album". :rolleyes:

If Lois and Clark (and/or Superman) got married before, even if it was Earth 2, why was it such a big deal when it happened on Earth one? huh [/b]
Because while Earth-2 was considered A canon for the Golden Age, it wasn't considered the definitive universe and thus was only occasionally seen (fading out when the Superman Family books were discontinued.) They didn't have to deal with the daily ins and outs of it. It would be like Canon-Clark never marrying Lois (and instead trying to get out of her knowing and therefore marriage) while Alt-Clark getting married and only occasionally seeing him. To most of the readership they weren't considered married (Lois broke off her relationship with Superman when she got tired of his excuses and Clark was dating Lana at the time.)

I think they thought of it as semi-canonical. It wasn't seen as the main universe and thus not "canon." With the 90s marriage it was kind of seen as "official."

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Christina:
Because while Earth-2 was considered A canon for the Golden Age, it wasn't considered the definitive universe and thus was only occasionally seen (fading out when the Superman Family books were discontinued.) They didn't have to deal with the daily ins and outs of it. It would be like Canon-Clark never marrying Lois (and instead trying to get out of her knowing and therefore marriage) while Alt-Clark getting married and only occasionally seeing him. To most of the readership they weren't considered married (Lois broke off her relationship with Superman when she got tired of his excuses and Clark was dating Lana at the time.)

I think they thought of it as semi-canonical. It wasn't seen as the main universe and thus not "canon." With the 90s marriage it was kind of seen as "official."
Thanks for the clarification. Yeah, wouldn't it have been funny if Lois had thrown into Alt-Dimension back in S1 and Alt-Clark was married to his Lois? rotflol

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Why doesn't Clark explain to Lois why he refuses to eat sweets? It would not give away his secret. Yes, I see it would be hard, but it seems like it would be better than just not explaining. If he wants her to ever like him he should open up. OK, maybe I underestimate the pain, and it would uncomplicate things, which means a shorter story, but I still think he ought to tell her.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
On the subject of Lois taken from S1 to a place where the Clark has married Lois, I am not sure I have ever seen someone do that. I have seen Clark sent forward in time to where he is married to Lois, and I recently read a peace where Tempus stole Lois to alt-dimension before she knew CK=Superman. Since it apears two people of the same type can move into the same universe, this would have disturbing results.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I did once read a Superman Returns/Lois and Clark crossover where Superman and Lois from Superman Returns get sucked into the Lois and Clark dimension. However Lois alone confronting a Clark who actually has more of a relationship with her than she is OK with I have not seen yet.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Why doesn't Clark explain to Lois why he refuses to eat sweets? It would not give away his secret. Yes, I see it would be hard, but it seems like it would be better than just not explaining. If he wants her to ever like him he should open up. OK, maybe I underestimate the pain, and it would uncomplicate things, which means a shorter story, but I still think he ought to tell her.
At the moment he's afraid to tell Lois anything about his past, since his past does not exist in this dimension. He will start opening up shortly. Just hang on. wink

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
On the subject of Lois taken from S1 to a place where the Clark has married Lois, I am not sure I have ever seen someone do that. I have seen Clark sent forward in time to where he is married to Lois, and I recently read a peace where Tempus stole Lois to alt-dimension before she knew CK=Superman. Since it apears two people of the same type can move into the same universe, this would have disturbing results.
Technially, THIS Lois hasn't moved dimensions. She is in her own dimension, but the Clark that was supposed to be here died on the day he arrived to Earth. So, technically, there is only one Clark and one Lois in this dimension.

EDIT: To be clear, THIS Lois is not canon Lois. She's an alt-canon-Lois. In every way shape and form, like caon Lois, but not her, therefore, not screwing up Alt-Clark's alt-dimension timeline by moving to this dimension.

I think the story you're referring to is "Through the Window" and there's also the sequel "And Back Again". Very good stories. clap

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I did once read a Superman Returns/Lois and Clark crossover where Superman and Lois from Superman Returns get sucked into the Lois and Clark dimension. However Lois alone confronting a Clark who actually has more of a relationship with her than she is OK with I have not seen yet.
dizzy Well, that would complicate things, wouldn't it?

VirginiaR.
---
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard