then:
Hurricane - Matchmaker Chronicles Volume 1B

and follow that with -

Summer Camp - Matchmaker Chronicles Volume 1C

First Love - Matchmaker Chronicles Volume 1D
By KenJ <ken.janney@kjanney.com>
This version is rated PG-13
Submitted August 23, 2012

Disclaimers: The characters in this story are property of DC, December 3rd productions and Warner Bros., except those I created. No Copyright infringement is intended. I have just borrowed the characters for a short time.

* * denotes emphasis
< > denotes thoughts
/ denotes telepathic communications./

Monday, August 26, 2024

High in the air over a major metropolitan area hovered a woman wearing a spandex suit with a mask and cape. She was surveying the city below her looking for anything that would require the intervention of the local superhero.

While she hovered there she had time to reflect on her past. Just how she had come to this stage of her life; how it was that she was here wearing this very revealing, form fitting costume. She thought, <If not for him I might not be wearing this uniform and doing these things. I could have had a quiet life. Oh well, I’m here now. Except for that incident a little while ago, it’s been a relatively quiet night.> She started looking around and thought, <I wonder where he is?> A few seconds later her superhearing picked up the strong steady beat she knew so well and a few seconds after that he was hovering by her side. She said, “Hi handsome. Where have you been? I’ve been waiting a couple of minutes.”

Her partner replied, “I stopped a mugging down by the docks. What have you been doing?”

“I stopped an attempted rape over by the park. I wish I had gotten there sooner. The poor girl was a basket case. The perp had pulled her into an alley at knife point. When I got there he was pawing her and she was crying hysterically. Fortunately that was as far as he got. I gave him a little tap to put him to sleep for a while and then used his shoe laces to secure his hands and his own belt to bind his legs. I called the police and then comforted the girl. She was on the way to meet her fiancée when she was grabbed. Her fiancée hadn’t wanted her to be out after dark but she was planning to surprise him by showing up at his door. It was the anniversary of the day they first met.” She had a pensive expression, most of which was obscured by her mask as she asked, “Do you realize what day this is?”

His response took her by surprise, “Of course I do. It just happens to be the anniversary of the day we first met all those years ago. It took us a while to get here but it was worth the wait.” He looked around and said, “Things look pretty quiet. What say we head over to Waikiki and have dinner to celebrate this anniversary?”

Her reply was immediate, “I need go home and change clothes if we are going to do that. You probably are wearing a suit but I came right from work and I want to put on something more appropriate.”

With an arched eyebrow he said, “I can’t wait. Let’s go home.” He started flying in that direction and knew that she was by his side the entire way. They landed in the back yard and entered the house. They both spun out of their uniforms. He said, “I’ll check the voice-mail while you change.”

The petite brunette said, “It won’t take me long,” as she headed for the stairs.

A few seconds later she came back downstairs and as she did all he could do was stare at this vision of loveliness. She was wearing a rather short, backless, black cocktail dress with stiletto heels which gave her legs added length and definition. She did a little pirouette for him and asked, “What do you think? Will this do?”

He gave a wolf whistle and then said with a lot of feeling, “Yeah, that’ll do just fine. You know, I still have to pinch myself occasionally to make sure I’m not living in a dream.”

Smiling she said, “It isn’t a dream, it’s a dream come true. Let’s go, maybe if we hurry we can catch a movie before dinner.”

They both spun back into their uniforms and left through the back door. Hand in hand they flew all the way to Hawaii. They landed in a secluded area and spun back into the dinner clothes.

They found a movie theater that was playing a new release of a movie remake. This was a 3-D version of “The Incredibles” only this was not a cartoon. They had real actors playing the parts and a lot of CGI effects.

As they were leaving the theater he had a hard time restraining her. She was almost floating. She said, “I have always loved that movie! It’s even better now. That actor that played Mr. Incredible, wasn’t he something?”

In a hushed, somewhat hurt tone, her partner said, “He can’t compare to me and what I can do.”

She said, “I know Sweetie! You’re special *and* you’re mine. Let’s go find a nice restaurant.”

They didn’t have too far to walk before they found what they were looking for. He asked for a table in a quiet corner.

After they were seated and had ordered she asked, “Do you remember when we first met?”

“How could I forget? It was August 26, 2013, the first day of 4H Camp. You and your family arrived in that huge van and all you kids came piling out. Both you and Jon were assigned to my group. Jon and I hit it off right away and we started palling around together and you hung around with us. At first I thought you were a pest. After a while I started to like having you around. Thursday night when the fire broke out I was the first one you woke up because you were sleeping between me and Jon. You and Jon did a really good thing that night.”

With a smirk she replied, “I have to admit I liked being with you and Jon and I was hoping you liked me, because, I liked you from the first minute I saw you. Right from that minute I knew that you were the one for me. Dad told me it’s a Kryptonian thing. When a Kryptonian meets *the* one person for them, they just know, and I knew.”

“After Superman and Ultra Woman had doused the fire and they landed, when you were called over and they said they knew you, I couldn’t believe it. I wanted to meet Ultra Woman so bad …”

With a slightly disgusted tone she said, “I know! That Saturday at the lake when you came over and joined us she’s all you could talk about. I have to admit, it made me jealous. After all, that was my mom you were talking about. That was when I made the decision to copy her uniform and use the name Ultra Woman II when my time came.”

He said, “Uncle Wayne made sure I knew how to contact you so that I could send letters and call. He thought I was writing to and calling Jon when it was really you I wanted to talk to.”

“It was a shame that you lived in LA and I was in Metropolis. The only times we could see each other was when you visited your great uncle, Wayne Irig, and we visited my grandparents in Smallville.”

“I have to admit, you’re the first girl I was ever interested in, and the only one. You were my first love.”

She reached over the table and took his hand in hers as she said, “You already know that you were my first love, but now there’s going to be another love in my life.”

He got a quizzical expression on his face.

She took pity on him as she said, “Ultra Woman II is going to have to take a vacation; that is of course unless she can trade that skin tight uniform for a maternity dress.”

He got up from his chair and came around the table, picked her up in his strong arms and said in a hushed tone, “Lara! A baby?”

She nodded and said, “Yes, Michael Wayne Lee, a baby, your baby.”

Friday, September 2, 2039

That had been a while ago. Louise was now fourteen and she and Greg and Andy were all starting to get their powers.

With the help of the children they had prepared for the party. Louise had asked if she could bake some cookies, which had started a large production. She wanted to make enough that all of her cousins, aunts and uncles would be able to partake.

Mike had gone shopping for her to get the ingredients for her and wasn’t too surprised when cocoa powder and semi-sweet bits were on the list. She had worked in the kitchen all afternoon, baking batch after batch of chocolate-chocolate chip cookies. By the time she was finished and had them packed he quipped, “It looks like you were baking for the Army!”

Smiling she said, “Just you wait and see. I bet there won’t be any left over. These are everybody’s favorite.”

Chuckling he replied, “You’re probably right. I’ve seen this family go through something like this in no time at all.”

That night, after Sophie, Robert and Mary had fallen asleep, in the middle of the night, Lara and Mike moved them while they were asleep to Metropolis via super express.

Lara remembered that the way they had been moved when she was younger had been by doing the same thing. Louise, Greg and Andy helped load the van and then they climbed in and strapped in. Lara took one side and Mike took the other and lifting the van, flew at tree top level from LA to Metropolis to the delight of the kids who were awake. Once they were in Metropolis they all unloaded the van and went to bed.

Saturday, September 3, 2039

It was Saturday and the Labor Day weekend was upon them. Everyone in the Kent clan packed up their families and came to Grandma and Grandpa’s. All of the women were bringing dishes to share with the rest of the family. Clark had the Bar-B-Que pit fired up and was getting a head start on the grilling since this would be a rather large gathering.

Lara Mike and the kids had helped to set up the tables and chairs. After that they had put up the decorations and set up the pools and lawn games.

Before anyone else arrived, Lara had a few minutes to talk with Clark. “How’s it goin’ Pop?”

“Well, you know how it is; I really need to get a head start on the cooking. We have a lot of people coming today.”

There was a Mona Lisa grin on her face as she said, “Yeah, lots of people will be here today. Think you’re ready?”

“As long as there aren’t too many surprises. Barring the arrival of Herb or, heaven forbid, Tempus, I think we can handle it.”

“We’ll see Pop. We’ll see.” She turned away and headed over to where Mike was putting up some decorations to give him a hand.

A short time later the families started to arrive and the party started.

comments go here

The End

First Love part 2

Last edited by KenJ; 04/30/14 03:08 AM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A/N:

Originally this story was written as a stand alone piece, however, with the encouragement of my readers it became the first part of a series.

Those that read the stand alone story will see that this version has been rewritten to bring it in line with the rest of the set.

The entire set will be going to the archive as a single story.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard