Next Thread
Print Thread
#8823 12/04/03 01:49 AM
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Fan-tas-tic!!!! thumbsup

“Sure. I have this whole new vocabulary of psychiatric terms,” he said. “You won’t stand a chance.”

She laughed. “Honey, your psychiatric terms are nothing against my Elvis terminology.”

He couldn’t even begin to imagine what she meant by that
hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#8824 12/04/03 08:35 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1
Is this 2-b or 2-2? confused

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#8825 12/04/03 10:53 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow...Holy crap...that was a tough one. I think I need a hit of chocolate after reading that. Poor Clark. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#8826 12/04/03 02:35 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Hmmmm. Interesting to say the least, but a bit confusing.

I can see why George wants to break open Clark and find out his 'motivations'. But even if/when he finds out and if he believes Clark, what good will it do?

This is not a problem that can be solved without a Lois, yet you don't want to do that because it would be 'too pat' and 'too predictible'. Having Lois waltz in 'in the nick of time' would be too convenient and not something I would expect from you. So....

I'm waiting to see how you slip around that.

Tank (who thinks it's too bad that the clone died over in the non-alt Universe)

#8827 12/04/03 07:50 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
This is great!

Interesting -- Lana razz is more harmful to Clark than green kryptonite.

The last bit was interesting. I don't know enough about current practices to be aware if this mirrors any techniques for treating drug addicts. But it seemed counterproductive to me -- to whatever degree he has weaned himself off the red K (with the accompanying physiological changes), won't this undo all that hard work? Quite a trade off.

“You did good. Just relax while I go take a leak, okay? I’ll be back in a few minutes.”

“Sure,” he said, his interest as to whether George stayed or remained leaking away as the red kryptonite worked its magic on him.
You might want to change one of those "leak"s. I totally read the last sentence wrong the first couple times. goofy

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#8828 12/05/03 03:36 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Yvonne
great parts 2&3 - still reading
sorry I'm behind in posting
ditto others
merry

#8829 12/06/03 03:13 AM
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
This is wonderful. How will Clark react when he gets the whole story out? Can't wait to see.

Tank, I believe that only a healthy Clark will be able to meet his Lois.

gerry

#8830 12/07/03 12:55 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, Sherry quite rightly pricked my conscience over on the other boards that I haven't replied to these helpful comments to part 3, so here I am, all repentant. smile

The ending for this story has been vexing me ever since I found myself writing this thing. It's interesting to see the mixed views and queries from you, the readers, because I have the same feelings. I can't say more for fear of giving myself away, but I will say that I've now chosen a course of action and we're all stuck with it. <g>

My overriding concern is to keep this a fairly tightly-written story. Too often, I ramble on into lengthy epics, indulging myself profusely, so this time I want to see if I can keep to the discipline of a story which will hopefully come in well under 100 pages. Other writers are to blame for this approach, I may add - CC and Lynn amongst them - who I admire greatly for their ability to write a gripping story without straying from the point, if you know what I mean.

It's interesting and very helpful to see which parts different readers enjoyed the most - you
all seem to vary a little in what presses your buttons. smile

Jose, thank you for laughing at that Elvis comment - I'd feared it was a little lame, so I'm really glad it worked for you. smile

Rivka, I haven't the foggiest if this is a legitimate technique that George employed or not, although I have this very distant and elusive memory that I saw it being used somewhere else (probably in another non-legitimate psycho-babble story laugh ).

Tank, who knows? Maybe someone is busily creating a clone while Clark languishes in self-indulgent misery at the clinic. wink

Thanks to everyone who spotted typos and phrases which were a bit clunky. smile

Yvonne

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard