Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Michael! :wave

Hmm…Lois is going to wear a red bikini and Clark’s going to be all hot and bothered?
Well, a bikini does *bother* him.

Clark’s not happy about Lois going out in public like that?
Only he's allowed to see Lois like that?

Sounds like it.
I *love* throwing people off.

Oh. Okay. Yes. That’s not acceptable.
laugh

‘a concubine’?
clap And just think, by that time, Ultra Woman stuff would be considered "retro."

Little Kara-El is adorable!
Well, Marla-El, but thanks! laugh

All true. But still. She’s a Krytponian girl raised on Earth. He won’t need to worry about her getting into too much mischief.
Or does he? With her powers and all, mischief made could be 1,000 times worse!

Is that a crossover from Corn on a Cob?
Huh, look at that. Nope, I can honestly say that didn't cross my mind when I was writing this.

What’s he going to do when she heads out for spring break in a couple of years?
Stalk...er...spy...er...watch...er...guard...from a distance?

/points to above notice on her physical condition/
<is pretty sure the boys are noticing her ah, *physical* condition too>

It could be worse: She could be wearing one with blue and gold mixed into it. And an S-shield or two.
clap

Well, there’s no smoke detector going off, so I’m guessing she has.
It's good that she's not flying yet, so she can't sneak out. wink

What an adorable vignette, Vicki!
Thank you, Michael!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
clap Very cute! I liked this a lot. Well done!
Thanks, Mouse! Glad you enjoyed it! I had fun writing it.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Morgana:
Super-villians. Deadlines. Time Travel. But nothing drives a loving parent (superhero or not) crazier then a teen-ager pushing for her independence.

Oh Vicki, you are not the only one on Clark's side. He should hold his daughter back from growing up, but slowing down the ride just a little bit is wisdom. Lois, sorry on this one you are WRONG.

Why do I say that? I have brothers... enough said.

Brilliantly done DC.

Can hardly wait for your next offering! wave
Thanks, Morgana. I have to say that I side with both Lois and Clark on this. It's good to slow down the ride, but they should trust her (so long as she's given them a *reason* to trust her). Clark's just bing a *tad* overprotective.

Next one should be coming sometime next month, I hope. I'm polishing and getting it beta'd as we speak!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Well done Vicki!

It recalled to my memory similar conflicts we had with our daughter.

All too accurately portrayed in your piece.
Thanks, Ken. Funny thing is, I don't remember having fights/arguments like this with my folks at that age. I'm just young enough to still remember what my peers were like! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Artemis:
This is a really cute story. And it so reminds me of my parenting days.
Well done!
r/
Artemis
Thanks so much, Artemis! Glad to give you a little throw back to those days! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Only he's allowed to see Lois like that?
If you ask Clark, I'm sure he'll say yes. If you ask Lois, she'll likely pull out the green crystals.

Or does he? With her powers and all, mischief made could be 1,000 times worse!
[...]
<is pretty sure the boys are noticing her ah, *physical* condition too>
Umm...I'm sure Clark would start dismembering boys if they were already noticing this particular condition. ML put it into A Matter of Destiny. You see, she's invulnerable. And thus, boys might not be physically able to achieve a home-run with her.

Stalk...er...spy...er...watch...er...guard...from a distance?
National Whisper: Superman seen at spring break wet T-shirt contest.

It's good that she's not flying yet, so she can't sneak out.
That's what steel bars on the windows are for?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
If you ask Clark, I'm sure he'll say yes. If you ask Lois, she'll likely pull out the green crystals.
clap

Umm...I'm sure Clark would start dismembering boys if they were already noticing this particular condition. ML put it into A Matter of Destiny. You see, she's invulnerable. And thus, boys might not be physically able to achieve a home-run with her.
Half the 16 year olds I see act/dress/are developed enough to look like they are 20. wink But watching Clark dismember the boys could be fun. Also, eek at home-runness.

National Whisper: Superman seen at spring break wet T-shirt contest.
<spews oolong tea over monitor>

That's what steel bars on the windows are for?
So, that buys Clark 2.5 seconds of keeping her in?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Hmmm typo. I meant to say, Clark should not hold her back from growing up, just slowing it down a little.

There are plenty of cute one piece bathing suits to wear.

Anyhow, like I wrote before...great job!!!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
If she's willing to do property damage.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Morgana:
Hmmm typo. I meant to say, Clark should not hold her back from growing up, just slowing it down a little.

There are plenty of cute one piece bathing suits to wear.

Anyhow, like I wrote before...great job!!!
Thanks again, Morgana! wave

Although, I side with Rebecca in this case. I've always despised one piece suits. I feel like I'm wearing wet saran wrap in them. :p

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
If she's willing to do property damage.

wave Michael
Angsty teen = yes? laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Cute little Gen X story. Yes, I see Clark being the overprotective dad. Hello? He's the overprotective sort, isn't he? I'm guessing, if she wanted to she could speed off in the suit, but Clark would probably notice her going by. You mentioned that she was the youngest daughter, is she the only daughter? Or did he not have this problem with her older sister(s)?

I love that Lois is defending her daughter's choice in clothing (or lack thereof). Nice to see she didn't turn into an Ellen. clap (Not that any of us thought she would).

Fun story. clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by VirginiaR:
<strong> Cute little Gen X story. Yes, I see Clark being the overprotective dad. Hello? He's the overprotective sort, isn't he? I'm guessing, if she wanted to she could speed off in the suit, but Clark would probably notice her going by. You mentioned that she was the youngest daughter, is she the only daughter? Or did he not have this problem with her older sister(s)?

I love that Lois is defending her daughter's choice in clothing (or lack thereof). Nice to see she didn't turn into an Ellen. wave Hi, Virginia!

Thanks! Yes, Clark is very overprotective, isn't he? laugh But if Rebecca had sped off, not only would he have seen it, but he probably could have beaten her to her ultimate destination. laugh

In this one, she's the only daughter. I've been sticking with a formula of two boys and a girl for Lois and Clark. I dunno, it just works for me. huh

No, Lois is definitely *not* another Ellen Lane! Yikes! eek

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Actually, I think Rebecca realizes the last thing she wants to do is rush out. If she does her father has every reason to bring her back. She may be an angsty teen, but she knows that it is more embarrasing having your father show up and tell you to come home than to miss the party entirely.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Actually, I think Rebecca realizes the last thing she wants to do is rush out. If she does her father has every reason to bring her back. She may be an angsty teen, but she knows that it is more embarrasing having your father show up and tell you to come home than to miss the party entirely.
Yeah, that's always possible too. Being a teen is rough. It's got to be even worse when your dad has super powers. And pretty much every teen is embarrassed by their parents even when said parent is NOT hauling them home in front of their friends. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard