Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
It was fun to write this. Now bring on the comments! peep

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very cute but I wish the story would continue. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What happens when you mix Lois and Clark with Lex Luthor at a picnic charity event?
Things go boom?

The bright white designer polo shirt and hand-sewn knife pleat khaki pants he wore probably cost more than what she made in a week.
Probably more like a month, Lois.

As per tradition, the paper sponsored a huge charity picnic to raise money for journalism scholarships.
I rather like the idea of that. Let me guess...Lois won one when she was in college?

After all, if it weren’t for this event, there might not have been enough money for her to attend New Troy University.
Annnnnd there it is!

Since it was going to be a picnic and probably all the tables and benches would be taken she decided it was best to bring her own supplies and creature comforts.
Wise move.

She arrived in time to help set up the first aid tent and light a few grills.
Why do I see her as needing the first aid tent after playing the part of Lois Lane: Bringer of Fire?

They even talked about Superman and wondered just what such a man did when he was not patrolling the city in blue spandex.
Well, surely he doesn't go around reporting news stories or seeing movies or anything. wink

She always found him to be immensely attractive, witty and charming.
To quote Lex: "I may throw up!"

Something was not quite right about the man.
Ooooh, smarter Lois!

Still, what could be the harm in merely talking with him?
Aborted weddings. Kryptonite cages. Bombs in the Daily Planet. Shall I go on, Lois?

“Speaking of friendships, I believe it is time for us to take ours a step further.”
<redecorates screen with vomit>

“I think perhaps we should see each other on a regular – more exclusive - basis. My dear, you have such fire, such drive, the uncanny ability to transcend the mundane. You possess the *raw* potential to become so much more than a mere newspaper reporter. To not try to be more would be a terrible pity.”
Nice. Sounds like spot-on Lex to me.

There was something decidedly wrong with that particular turn of phrase.
Unless Clark were to say it?

Did Lex Luthor want to add her to his lists of conquests?
Yes?

In languid, easy movements he sat down on the blanket next to Lois, totally ignoring the blistering glares of anger from Lex.
I always did enjoy how Clark so casually did things to irk Lex. laugh

Staring downward, she was greeted by the horrifying sight of dozens of large reddish brown ants crawling over her bare feet.
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

“Mr. Kent, we shall meet again, without a phalanx of ants to offer an interruption.
clap

She swatted him playfully. “No, I wasn’t referring to the ants at the picnic. I was referring to the snake in the grass!”
clap

Cute tale! Poor Lois, becoming a picnic herself!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Oh how I can identify with this one. We have red ant mounds all over down here.

It wasn't the long ago I got nailed by them when I was trimming a crape myrtle tree in my yard. Nasty little buggers.

Poor Lois, she would be lucky if she could put her shoes on after that.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sory about the double post. I was using my bberry and it hit quote rather than edit.

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nicely done, Morgana. And a clever little punchline at the end. I always cheer for Lois when she lets her usually keen BS-detector work on Lex.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Good story. Lois sees the creepyness in Lex, so maybe she will also see the sexyness in Clark. She needs to speed things up a little, and this story is one step in the right direction.

Pat

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I love this. It's so in character for Lois and Lex (all of the characters mentioned of course but Lois and Lex the most since they have the most story time.) I always held the belief that Lois at least was keen to how he reacted to her romantically and was able to pick that sort of stuff apart. That the BS-detector was focused on that meant the other stuff slipped by her (at least that's how I saw it.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Kerth
Kerth
Well done, Morgana! Very cute-- and I loved the punchline too! Snake in the grass... laugh

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Brava! A fun story with a fantastic punchline.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Cute. I enjoyed Lex's discomfort on sitting down on her blanket. I'm glad she recognized his words of her chosen activity and blanket for what they were: insults. clap I would have liked to see more Clark and less Lex, but who wouldn't? wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
This Lois is nicer, smarter and more relaxed than some of what we saw from her in S1. Good job, Morgana.

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Corrina,

I recognize this Lois. This is the Lois from Stranger In Our Midst / Cafe Americana. Hard to place the time frame though.

kj
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Good job! smile The story was very fun to read. Spot-on characterizations, especially for Lex. Loved seeing Clark save Lois and Lois realize there was something wrong with Lex.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute story with a good punchline!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
A very cute story, great punchline. laugh Maybe a sequel, please? smile1

KateB
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
KateB

Thank you for the lovely comment! A sequel? Anything is possible. hyper

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Everyone liked the punchline!

Laurach:
Very cute but I wish the story would continue. Laura
KateB

A very cute story, great punchline. Maybe a sequel, please?
Artemis:

Cute story with a good punchline!
Thank for saying the story was cute. What can I say? It's been a long hot summer. The thought had occured to make the story longer, but for now this is in a holding pattern. Sorry. frown

Deadly Chakram:

Why do I see her as needing the first aid tent after playing the part of Lois Lane: Bringer of Fire?
Oooh what a cool idea for a story title!!!!

Kenj:

Oh how I can identify with this one. We have red ant mounds all over down here.

It wasn't the long ago I got nailed by them when I was trimming a crape myrtle tree in my yard. Nasty little buggers.

Poor Lois, she would be lucky if she could put her shoes on after that.
I remember my wilder younger days in Ft. Myers, Naples and Ft. Lauderdale - and so do my feet! Eek!

HappyGirl:

Nicely done, Morgana. And a clever little punchline at the end. I always cheer for Lois when she lets her usually keen BS-detector work on Lex.
Yeah, it always amazed me how she completely turned off all the warning signs concerning Mr. Luthor.

Angelsgmaw:

Good story. Lois sees the creepyness in Lex, so maybe she will also see the sexyness in Clark. She needs to speed things up a little, and this story is one step in the right direction.
Clark is sexy and Lex is powerful...in a creepy way!

Christina:

I always held the belief that Lois at least was keen to how he reacted to her romantically and was able to pick that sort of stuff apart. That the BS-detector was focused on that meant the other stuff slipped by her (at least that's how I saw it.)
Exactly. This event took place only a couple of months after Clark arrived. They have a pleasant relationship at this point, so she's not confused about her feelings for Superman, hence her instincts can smell Lex's nonsense a mile away!

Mouserocks:

Well done, Morgana! Very cute-- and I loved the punchline too! Snake in the grass...
Thanks Mouse! Much appreciated!

Lynn S.M and VirginiaR:

The punchline fits Lex's perfectly. Yes, Ms. R, they were carefully polite insults, something Lex executes quite nicely.

Corrina:

This Lois is nicer, smarter and more relaxed than some of what we saw from her in S1. Good job, Morgana.
Coming from you my friend that is high praise indeed. Thank you.

Lois_Lane_Fan:

Loved seeing Clark save Lois and Lois realize there was something wrong with Lex.
Oh yeah, Clark can be my Knight in shining armour ANYTIME!!! thumbsup

Thanks you one and all for loving the ants! We really need to give a shoutout to Mrs. Mosley for suggesting this awesome summertime challenge! dance

Morgana

Top Banana
Top Banana
thumbsup

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
wink Bullseye!

Yes Clark is probably aware of Lois' heartbeat. He might have 'heard' her heart's distress and decided to come over and 'help out'.

This was probably the must fun I have had writing LnC fanfic. Most of my other stuff takes months to write, but this little story only took a day.

So glad you liked it and the punchline!

Morgana

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard