Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#87979 07/06/12 04:42 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments go here.

Part 15 will be the final part, but there will also be a short epilogue.

Thanks for reading!

Corrina.

#87980 07/06/12 05:33 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awesome! I am loving Lois in this. she is determined to save her friend. I am on pins and needles waiting to find out what will happen with Clark and Lana. Great job, I hope you post more soon! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#87981 07/06/12 07:19 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aargh! Clark is exhausted and spiritless. He believes that Lois doesn't believe in him. He's at his lowest point.

But, we readers know that Lois Lane is on the case! Clark will soon be cleared! (or so we hope.)

#87982 07/07/12 10:38 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Wow, Lois at her best. clap Henderson should learn from her. I hope, that a designer dress like Lana's would be easy to identify.
Plese, post more soon. grovel

KateB
#87983 07/08/12 02:23 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, Corrina, this story is getting to the part where, if it were complete, we'd stay up to all hours finishing it. So get back here with the next part soon, okay?

laugh

This *is* my happily ever after.
#87984 07/14/12 04:16 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Laura Although the story seems to be about Clark and his difficulties, I think Lois's determination to save him is the main point. I'm glad you like it.

Iolanthe At this stage, Lois has learnt that Superman can redeem the most hopeless of situations. I've turned the tables.

Kate Good point about Lois. Don't forget that all the forensic team were male, so it was more likely they would miss the clues from fashion and types of makeup etc.

Happy Believe me, I'm really frustrated by the slowness of posting. I keep hoping for a block of two or three hours to make some progress, and something keeps getting in the way.

Thanks for the comments. I worked on Part 9 tonight. It's getting pretty big, so maybe I'll have to split it. Maybe there will be 16 parts. I'll see how it reads tomorrow.

Corrina.

#87985 07/14/12 04:22 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Don't bother Corrina, just post part 9 as you have it. The bigger the better!! clap

It's what I thought. They need a woman who knows Clark, and who could spot fashion and makeup clues. Although it was a sloppy forensic job not to take fingerprints from cream jars just to prove that they were Mayson's. Unfotunatelly, they had a theory and they just assumed that it was Mayson staying in Clark's appartment. dizzy

KateB
#87986 07/14/12 08:58 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark - now clean, but still wearing the Suit - settled on top of one of the tall Metropolis buildings. He folded his cape around his shoulders, crossed his forearms over his arched knees, and stared ahead, his eyes fixed on the door of the Daily Planet building.
Ooooh! Moping Clark™!

His answer had come a few minutes later.
Huh. One wants to say ‘no’ but things indicate ‘yes’? confused

He'd failed so comprehensively that not only had he continued his surveillance, he'd increased it by listening to their conversation.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#87987 07/14/12 05:02 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
<deleted the dreaded double post>

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#87988 07/14/12 05:03 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Perhaps he just wasn't capable of feeling anything with any clarity.
Or thinking, for that matter.

He'd failed so comprehensively that not only had he continued his surveillance, he'd increased it by listening to their conversation.
Oooh!

She'd repeated the line that had become their mantra. We're friends. And partners.
Poor guy.

Perry had said more, but it had blurred into a haze of words as Clark had waited for just one thing - the woman he loved to question whether Clark Kent had really killed Mayson Drake.
Eek! Just talk to her, big guy.

The jury - the only jury he cared about - had found him guilty as charged.
Poor guy.

He hadn't even had the chance to defend himself.
Which is why you need to talk to her, lunkhead!

Would she really try to hurt Lois if he went to the police? Was she still watching the police station?
Yes and possibly.

Would the police believe him if he were to tell them about Lana's threats? Or had all his credibility been eroded by the long hours of absence?
Maybe and almost certainly.

Could he go to her as Superman? Could he warn her and beg her to be careful?
Yes.

Would she take care to avoid potentially dangerous situations?
Well, this *is* Lois, so...no.

Probably not, he realised.
See?

If Lana knew Clark Kent was Superman, how would she respond to Superman talking with Lois?
Not well.

"But, this time ... I'm worried."

Perry straightened a little in his seat. "What have you heard?"
clap Well, *that* got Perry's attention!

"Don't let her go off by herself. Insist she tells you what she's doing and where she is."
Or a squad of bodyguards.

"Yes," Superman said, glad Perry had understood.
Not a man in his position because he can yodel! laugh

"Do you think Clark did what they're saying? Do you think he could take a gun and shoot someone?"
frown

Perry believed Clark had killed Mayson.

Lois had accepted his guilt without a whimper.

He was a murder suspect. Accused - that was bad enough. Alone - that was worse.
clap

"No, I mean Clark makes his bed every morning. I've never seen the covers ruffled."
Good girl!

"You come into Clark's bedroom?"
clap

On both shelves, there were rows of tubes - skincare products made by the French company, La Roche-Posay. All of the tubes were part of the Toleriane range. She turned to Henderson.
And yet, no one thought to dust for fingerprints.

"Lois," Henderson said. "Even if the dress and the cosmetics don't belong to Mayson, it makes no difference to the case. It doesn't change that two people were in this apartment and one of them was shot dead."
<Takes Henderson's badge and fires him on the spot>

Lois shook her head. "You told me that the first time she was here, she stayed five or six minutes. The witness heard arguing - that suggests they were near the door. The second time Mayson came, the shot was fired a couple of minutes later. It wasn't Mayson on the bed. And it wasn't Clark. It was the owner of the dress. She was here. Yesterday."
Thank you, Lois, for being the only person here with a brain.

"Lois, I don't want Clark to be guilty, either. But none of your possible scenarios are supported by the evidence."
Really? Because you could have fooled me there, Bill.

"That will depend on whether Wolfe thinks he has enough evidence to get a conviction."
Which means...Clark will be charged.

"Take this," she said. "If you can get a fingerprint from it, you might be able to identify the other woman. Then, perhaps, you'll be on the way to actually solving this case instead of just jumping on the most obvious answer."
<promotes Lois to Chief of Police>

Was this a part of the police strategy? To keeping him waiting? To apply mental pressure? Was the cop at the door surreptitiously watching him for signs of guilt?
Probably.

"Lois, I'm busy."
<doesn't want to imagine just what...or who...Jimmy might be doing>

He nodded in resignation and recoiled into the darkroom.
Oh...right...developing photos. Of course, that was my, uh, first guess.

Oooh, this is shaping up to be fun. I'm just really pissed off in how Henderson is handling this. Come on man! You're a good cop! Be one already!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#87989 07/18/12 03:10 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
"Don't let her go off by herself. Insist she tells you what she's doing and where she is."

Perry shot him an incredulous look. "This is Lois we're talking about, right?" he said. "Lois L…" His speech stalled, his amazement faded, and he shuffled uncomfortably in his seat. "Is this about Clark?"

"She's working alone," Superman said tonelessly. "That makes her more vulnerable."

"So this *is* about Clark?"

<...>

"You think this person ... the one who made threats against Lois ... could be out of control? Could do something out of character?"

"Yes," Superman said, glad Perry had understood.
Something about this makes me think Perry *doesn't* understand. Or maybe I misunderstood. Does Perry think Superman is telling him that *Clark* is a threat to Lois? shock Why else would he think someone who threatened Lois was acting "out of character"?

I'm glad to see Lois working so hard to save Clark. smile Sad to see Clark believes she has deserted him. frown

Off to read Chapter 8...

ETA: Oops, I see I forgot to put fdk for part 6. I enjoyed Wolfe's intervew of Clark (Superman). Well, maybe "enjoyed" isn't the right word. It was agonizing to read, but very well written. I liked it.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#87990 07/25/12 01:30 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Kate It was never my intention to belittle the police, but obviously, if they had done the job properly, Lois wouldn't have needed to step in and I wouldn't have had a story. I tried to give the police reasons for believing they were dealing with an open and shut case.

Michael

Ooooh! Moping Clark™!
laugh

Who owns *that* trademark? And do they mind how often we use it?

I'm glad you liked the scene where Superman was trying to tell Perry that Lois could be in danger. That scene was one that held up my posting schedule!

DC

Eek! Just talk to her, big guy.
He can't go to her - he can't face her telling Clark/Superman she thinks Clark killed Mayson.

laugh about all your answers to my questions.

Really? Because you could have fooled me there, Bill.
Henderson and Wolfe have a witness saying Clark walked into the apartment, Mayson walked in, Mayson was shot, Clark ran out. On the surface, that's compelling ... which of course, opened the way for *someone* to dig a little deeper. wink

Vicki

Something about this makes me think Perry *doesn't* understand. Or maybe I misunderstood. Does Perry think Superman is telling him that *Clark* is a threat to Lois?
Yes. It will become clearer in a later part.

Thanks everyone for the FDK! It always makes my day to read your comments about my story.

Corrina.

#87991 11/09/12 12:16 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh no! Everything Superman said made it sound to Perry as if he were Clark's friend trying to vaguely warn Perry that Clark might be coming after Lois next! frown This is not good.

I love how Lois is so intent on helping Clark, and it's so frustrating how he's only seeing the parts that make it look bad. Plus, he's so afraid of her disbelief, which makes him more likely to believe it. The line about him able to handle being accused but not being alone was so sad and had a lot of impact.

I can't see how this is going to be fixed, but I am proud of him for turning himself in even thinking that there's no way he can be proven innocent with things as they are. He stands for justice, and he definitely proved that by following the laws he helps enforce. Superman in or out of the Suit.

So, I'm glad Lois was able to find all the proof inside Clark's apartment, and all the signs she saw are proof that she knows him better than she thinks she does when she's beating herself up about not taking an interest in his life.

Hope something starts looking up soon!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard